Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

IL-2 Forgotten Battles Ace Expansion Patch

The IL-2 Sturmovik Website now offers downloads of a new Ace Expansion pack for those playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles with the Ace Expansion Pack installed. The 102 MB patch updates the add-on to version 2.01, adding new planes along with other additions and bug fixes. Word is: "As usual, it is recommended that you back-up your files prior to installing the patch in order to avoid any loss of data."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: No subject May 20, 2004, 11:15 nimski

Take special note that Luthier is the developer lead of the Pacific Fighters Sequel.

Keep up the good work Luthier, we're looking forward to it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: No subject May 20, 2004, 03:40 Luthier

The expansion pack has hit the shelves exactly two months ago. Which means it went gold at least a month before that. In other words, if these new aircraft were included on the retail CD the expansion wouldn't hit the shelves until around late June.

And the Pacific project is not an add-on, it's a stand-alone sequel 40+ flyables for US, Japan, UK, Australia and other countries, 16 detailed maps from Pearl Harbor to Hiroshima, full carrier ops with hooks, wires, folding wings and openable canopies, infantry and crews on all vehicles, etc etc etc. On store shelves this holiday season!

13. Re: No subject May 20, 2004, 00:58 Shadowcat

> Yeah sure... only a ton of new airplanes!

But airplanes (even variants, surely) take a long time to make. If there were that many that were almost ready to go (the expansion has only just been released, after all!) why not hold it back a little while and include them on the CD?

102MB is kinda ridiculous.

12. Re: No subject May 19, 2004, 23:49 nimski

Coop is great. Basically any plane that can be flown (both sides) is displayed on the start screen. You pick your plane and the others are flown by ai. I like it much more than dog fight servers because it has purpose, a mission.

With the Ace Expansion Patch we now also have an online coop campaign generator. No more digging up mission files and so forth, just generate one and go.

One can also play several online virtual wars, VEF and VOW as an example. Those are also coops with many players on both sides flying the mission.

11. Re: Hmmm... May 19, 2004, 22:36 Dantastic

I the mean time, half the IL2 team is making an RTS, and Oleg is working on a Pacific Air War add on for IL2. the man is amazing.

amazing? nay, i would say A GOD

10. Re: Hmmm... May 19, 2004, 22:07 Spiffae

This is kind of a cool phenomenon. I was an IL-2er for a while, played it every day for longer than any game I can remember other than Quake 2 DM, learned all kinds of stuff, joined a squadron, learned a hell of a lot about World War II aviation - All thanks to Oleg Maddox and the IL-2 team.

He's become something of a game god in his own right. He's involved with the community, has an unparalelled devotion to historical accuracy, and has singlehandedly re-invigorated the Flight Sim genre.

Not a bad thing to put on your resume

Now his team is making a Battle of Britain game, to be released in 2005-2006, and I can't even imagine how cool (and what a system hog) it's going to be.

I the mean time, half the IL2 team is making an RTS, and Oleg is working on a Pacific Air War add on for IL2. the man is amazing.

Admin/Editor - http://www.beyondhalflife.com

9. No subject May 19, 2004, 17:11 HorrorScope

How is the co-op in it (the series in general)? Do you get to play the single player mission against the AI in co-op? Thanks...

8. Re: IL-2 May 19, 2004, 16:41 DrunkenMaster

I believe Forgotten Battles can be had for around $19.95 now. Pick it up and download the latest patch. There is plenty there without the Aces Expansion to keep you busy for a long time.

A good place for a newcommer to start would be the last phase of the Russian fighter campaign in the Yak-9.

Have fun.

7. Re: IL-2 May 19, 2004, 16:40 nin

Is the first one (not forgotten battles, just IL-2) in the bargain bin yet?

Think you can get it, a sub sim, and the SU-27 Flanker sim in one box for $20-$30...

http://www.ash-official.com/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: IL-2 May 19, 2004, 16:36 nimski

Is the first one (not forgotten battles, just IL-2) in the bargain bin yet? I like a good flying game here and there and this one looked like it had some nice graphics behind it too. Now with the added content its even more tempting to pick up...

The added content only works with Forgotten Battles + the Ace Expansion Pack. The original IL2 is no longer updated and includes none of the good stuff, but it's still an awesome sim. in it's own way.

5. IL-2 May 19, 2004, 16:25 AxemaN

Is the first one (not forgotten battles, just IL-2) in the bargain bin yet? I like a good flying game here and there and this one looked like it had some nice graphics behind it too. Now with the added content its even more tempting to pick up...

This comment was edited on May 19, 16:28.

AxemaN

4. Re: Hmmm... May 19, 2004, 15:36 gerauchertes

Somebody really needs to clone lots and lots of Olegs.

3. Hmmm... May 19, 2004, 14:19 Hunterzyph

If only every patch was so full of content-filled goodness.

2. Re: No subject May 19, 2004, 13:10 nimski

Yeah sure... only a ton of new airplanes!

1. New flyable: I-185 M-71.
2. New flyable: I-185 M-82A.
3. New flyable: Yak-3P.
4. New flyable: Yak-9B.
5. New flyable: Yak-7A.
6. New flyable: Yak-9M.
7. New flyable: Yak-9UT.
8. New flyable: LaGG-3 (series 29).
9. New flyable: LaGG-3 (series 35).
10. New flyable: Spitfire Mk. IXc.
11. New flyable: Spitfire Mk. IXc (CW).
12. New flyable: Spitfire Mk. IXe.
13. New flyable: Spitfire Mk. IXe (CW).
14. New flyable: Spitfire Mk. IXe (HF).
15. New flyable: Fokke-Wulf FW 190 A-6.

1. No subject May 19, 2004, 13:07 nin

102 meg PATCH? Damn! Did we forget a few things?

http://www.ash-official.com/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo