Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MGS3 Snake Eater Snaked

Gamesradar (thanks clepto9) has news that someone was apparently able to depart the convention center at E3 with the PS2 demo code for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. The theft was allegedly perpetrated by a pair of young men who were able to force open a Perspex case to access the disk before dashing out the door (as GR aptly points out, an effective method, if not exactly in the Solid Snake style). Word is the LAPD is investigating the incident.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

47. Re: No subject May 15, 2004, 19:20 wasrad

Die.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: No subject May 15, 2004, 16:33 Trev

Max Payne 2 had Havok 2 physics, right?

This comment was edited on May 15, 16:35.

Trevor

45. Re: No subject May 15, 2004, 12:39 Ghost

Actually, HL2 uses havok 2. Deus ex used havok 1 and implemented it horribly.

44. Re: No subject May 15, 2004, 11:15 vacs

...and DX2 had awful physics.

huh, DX2 has the same physics engine than HL2. How could it be worse than the one from HL2?

43. Re: Cardboard Box May 15, 2004, 07:09 Cutedge

I just figured that everyone was wondering "hey, why is there a box here that says 'The Orange'. Oh well, nevermind"

42. Re: Cardboard Box May 15, 2004, 03:46 Takashi[KiN]

See, apparently what happened is the culprits were noticed, but they hid behind some crates for two minutes and so security just gave up looking for them and went about their business as though nothing had happened.

41. Re: No subject May 15, 2004, 03:00 JediLuke

In defense of HL2, the graphics looked nice last year, but since then I have played through Invisible War (nice physics) and FarCry (nice gfx) and Kotor (great game, great gfx).

Huh? I'm no fanboy, but you sound like a troll, look at your username. HL2 clearly has better graphics than KOTOR or DX2, and DX2 had awful physics. I really don't agree, I'm looking forward to HL2 more now after the new vids.

~Steve

http://stevegoldbergmusic.com

40. Re: No subject May 15, 2004, 02:04 hebrew_national

Last year, there was an XBOX van outside our college. Some black guy took ALL of the discs inside the XBOX consoles and left. There was no employee in sight and the students didn't even care.

Those darn blacks are everywhere now-adays. Why, just the other day, I was parking my bentley at the local shell fueling station and I saw one nearby.

"Hello! My fellow colored assistant..kindly fuel it up" I said to the man.

I was met with such profanity as you would not believe- why, my tophat nearly fell off and I was forced to smudge my new cartier paris white gloves whilst refueling my automobile.

We really ought to do something about this colored menace in our streets, I tell you.
This comment was edited on May 15, 02:07.

39. Half-Life 2 = GOOD+Hopefully May 14, 2004, 23:46 Yuzzem

Regarding # 38

I seen the new Half-Life 2 E3 videos and i must say i have to agree with u partially. I don't think the game is going to suck. But I think its starting to lose some of its WOW!!! factor. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay looks solid for a FPS but it just seems to be a repeat from last year. It's getting old showing the video and keep talking how amazing it is. Its like the boy who cried wolf- to the point where no one noticed anymore, which can happen if they do not release the game soon. Same is going for Doom 3- which in my opinion has been around E3 for what? 2-3 years now and we still have yet to see it arrive on the PC. I'm excited about these next genereation games, but it has taken very long for them to get here. Doom 3 has been pretty well shrouded in secrecy considering gameplay wise- i have not seen a 5 minute video of the game in action besides some cutscenes. It's going to be interesting to see how well the final products turn out. Is it too late to save the PC gaming industry?

38. Re: No subject May 14, 2004, 23:28 valveare1hitwonders

Re:21

Reguarding HL2 delay.

I watched the Fileplanet video (downloaded from another internet site with no wait lists), and it occured to me that HL2 was nothing special. The whole time I was watching the demo I was waiting for something to make me WANT this game, and yet nothing ever came. The people watching it were very quiet, which is a big change from the cheers we heard a year ago at the last E3. The ingame dialog sucked, but the faces still looked good while saying it, but the actual gameplay they showed was nothing special. What made Half-Life great were the experiences you hadn't had before combined with the experiences you had before but done so well.

Of course my reaction may have something to do with the fact that I witnessed this AFTER the Halo 2 demo. Now when the X-Box guy came on and says he's gonna show the game you all want to see, and I'm like SITH LORDS, but everyone in the audiences is HALO 2! My reaction was, oh... perhaps I'm not that interested in Halo? Anyway, what they showed, the vehicle hijacking had me thinking that it is EXACTLY what all vehicle based games need. I've always found it annoying that it is difficult to climb onto a stationary vehicle in BF1942, and I now think that being able to drop grenades into open tank turrets would be fun. But what had my jaw dropping, literally (a first for me) was seeing vehicles being destroyed piece by piece. It didn't register at first, but when it did I realised that I had just seen something NEW, something which they forgot to put in the HL2 demo.

In defense of HL2, the graphics looked nice last year, but since then I have played through Invisible War (nice physics) and FarCry (nice gfx) and Kotor (great game, great gfx). So while I think HL2 will still sell based sorely on the reputation of the original game, I just don't think it's going to be any good, and considering it's only the 2nd game that Valve has ever made and it's a sequel, it may be their last.

37. Re: No subject May 14, 2004, 21:04 Kobalt

After those photos from Iraq, now we know those americans are all butt monkeys.

What kind of joy comes from sticking your finger in a prisoners butt?

The same joy that comes with fucking all countries up the ass on a regular basis.

36. Re: No subject May 14, 2004, 20:50 waxthirteen

I think this defines the word ironic

hmmm....

ironic: i·ron·ic also i·ron·i·cal adj. the stealing of code, full or partial, of a video game from developers during an E3 presentation.

gosh, you're right.

35. ISNT IT JUST THE OPM DEMO? May 14, 2004, 20:35 Xaymot

It seemed like the demo on the floor was just the free demo from the Official Playstation Magazine demo disc.

These guys basically stole something that was free anyway. Or am I missing something? You to can steal a demo of Metal Gear at your very own liquor store.

34. Re: No subject May 14, 2004, 20:30 JosephBlowski

"My whole question is why the obviously gay overtones to the new title.

Snake Eater = Blow Jobber
Solid Snake = Erect Penis"

Isn't the biggest market for japanese games the USA? After those photos from Iraq, now we know those americans are all butt monkeys.

What kind of joy comes from sticking your finger in a prisoners butt? Wouldn't it stink when you pulled it out?

The japanese are using code phrases for penis to appeal to the americans.

33. No subject May 14, 2004, 20:14 Elf Shot The Food

"The LAPD are investigating the incident and are looking for two 19-20 year old males."

So everyone at E3 is a suspect then?

32. I think this... May 14, 2004, 19:05 wasrad

...defines the word ironic

haha

31. IN OTHER RELATED E3 NEWS May 14, 2004, 18:45 Yuzzem

In another E3 related story is seems after Gabe was done presenting his Half-Life 2 demo- he went for some doughnuts. He forgot to lock the door behind him and someone snuck in an was able to get a hold of the new Half-Life 2 source code. This statement from Gabe "Yeah!! umm Im really sorry guys but it looks like the code was stolen again, and will cause a year delay." No word yet on who was the culpret this time but a witness said she seen "A really fat plumber and a Monkey sneak in"... Coincidence i think NOT Nintendo seems to be going after all the players..

This comment was edited on May 14, 18:55.

30. Re: No subject May 14, 2004, 18:38 Cutedge

You know they're just going to take that e3 demo and place it as a "bonus" on some other game anyway, just to boost sales. You know, like on ZOE.

29. Re: No subject May 14, 2004, 18:21 jm0ris0n

I think this is kinda funny. Its just a game demo and not an actual game

28. Re: No subject May 14, 2004, 18:09 BloodKnight

You would be very suprised on how incredibly stupid game promoters are.

Last year, there was an XBOX van outside our college. Some black guy took ALL of the discs inside the XBOX consoles and left. There was no employee in sight and the students didn't even care.

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo