Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

It Came From E3, Part 6

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: No subject May 15, 2004, 01:20 Billy

Maybe you don't but the huge crowds playing the game at E3 and watching all the videos sure seemed to...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Thirded May 15, 2004, 01:18 Billy

Maybe it wasn't a good PR move but the Matrix Online looked awesome at E3. I'm going to play it.

21. Re: Thirded May 14, 2004, 07:46 Devster

Matrix Revolutions grossed $140 million at the box office. Thats not a failure. And thats not including the recently released DVD.
Well, seeing is how they have stated it cost over 300 million dollars to make the last two movies.
So say it was 300 exactly, divide that by the two movies, and you need 150 million to break even. Now granted they made A LOT on the DVD, but that was to be totally in profit, not in the recouping expenses faze.
Don't forget marketing costs. They can often run the costs of a film up by ~50%, though according to the box office mojo link below, there was only $35 million added. On the other hand, once you add in the non-North American ticket sales, they seem to be in the black for sure.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=matrixrevolutions.htm

There's a man out there I haven't seen in 15 years who's trying to kill me.

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

20. hottest e3 babe May 14, 2004, 01:19 Karnisov

is the eidos girl in red.  
"Think for yourself. Question authority."
-- Timothy Leary

19. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 20:55 sinner's saint

"I guess it aint fair though, men like boobies too damn much.
How in the hell is a woman not queen of the entire world by now?"

Because they keep sliding off the throne like a snail.

18. No subject May 13, 2004, 19:03 nip your tip

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sega sucks

17. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 17:17 Enahs

Matrix Revolutions grossed $140 million at the box office. Thats not a failure. And thats not including the recently released DVD.

Well, seeing is how they have stated it cost over 300 million dollars to make the last two movies.
So say it was 300 exactly, divide that by the two movies, and you need 150 million to break even. Now granted they made A LOT on the DVD, but that was to be totally in profit, not in the recouping expenses faze.

_____
Enahs If you can read this - congratulations - You have won!!! Just e-mail with your CC# to claim your prize!

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

16. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 16:32 DDI

Yes, but a significant amount of the people that spend enough time gaming to warrant $15 a month are bitter, hardcore nerds.

Explain the tens of thousands Everquest subscribers then.

15. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 15:51 Beamer

Yes, but a significant amount of the people that spend enough time gaming to warrant $15 a month are bitter, hardcore nerds.

And I think the performance of the third matrix in the box office proves that most of their audience is tired with the franchise.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 15:12 Awesome Spume

You mean 95% of the bitter hardcore nerds who post on Bluesnews

BURN!

13. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 15:04 DDI

Everyone gets their hopes up, then sees them crushed when instead of something exciting we get a game 95% of the desired consumers have already written off.

You mean 95% of the bitter hardcore nerds who post on Bluesnews.

12. Re: No subject May 13, 2004, 14:32 nightfend

It's Wednesday through Friday. But by today all the big annoucements will be done with.

11. No subject May 13, 2004, 14:15 John

There's E3 Day One Coverage (in spite of the flood, there has only been one day of the show so far)..

How many days are there? What day does it end?

lol @ Enahs That makes me wonder though.. Do any women post on, or at least visit, Blue's News? MrsBlue probably doesn't even come by any.

This space is available for rent

10. Re: No subject May 13, 2004, 13:47 angrybrit

I agree with post 1 & 2. No ones gives a damn about Matrix Online.

- Ron
[ Crazy Libs look better behind bars ]

9. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 13:35 jm0ris0n

Lol, good point Enahs. I never thought of it that way before. I guess men desire power more than sex.

Sega should be ashamed of themselves for hyping such an insignificant announcement. I don't know who was smoking what when they thought a Matrix MMORPG would be a good idea.

8. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 13:20 Enahs

That is sad all the booth “babes” sites are all being hammered so hard they are un-reachable.

LOL

But I guess since I tried to click em to see, I am laughing at my self too…errr

I guess it aint fair though, men like boobies too damn much.
How in the hell is a woman not queen of the entire world by now?

_____
Enahs If you can read this - congratulations - You have won!!! Just e-mail with your CC# to claim your prize!

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

7. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 13:17 sinner's saint

"WTF was sega thinking as this is big news. I hope this game sucks more then the last 2 matrix movies."

You don't have to hope for that to happen.

6. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 13:05 Supafresh

WTF was sega thinking as this is big news. I hope this game sucks more then the last 2 matrix movies.

5. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 12:31 Beamer

We knew this a few days back, we should have put it together when they started calling PC mags.

Someone should be fired for this. Talk about asking for a huge public backlash. Everyone gets their hopes up, then sees them crushed when instead of something exciting we get a game 95% of the desired consumers have already written off.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Thirded May 13, 2004, 12:18 TheBigVlad

Yea same here, we owned all of their consoles I and was sad to see the Saturn and Dreamcast die so quickly. I thought they were wonderful.

Maybe some people will find this to be "big news" but I dunno. To say I'm dissapointed is a massive understatement.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo