Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Consolidation

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Xbox Doom3 Trailer... May 11, 2004, 20:45 DooM

> Did anyone else notice the drop in framerates?
> No thank you Xbox, i'll wait for the PC version.

And what kind of PC do you have that will run DOOM3 at a constant 60 fps ?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Xbox Doom3 Trailer... May 11, 2004, 19:47 ReverendTed

No co-op in the PC version. It makes me cry.
Look, I'm crying.
Not really because Doom 3 specifically won't have it, but because it reflects a greater trend in the industry. Developers don't think PC gamers want co-op. ARRRGH and Double ARRRGH.

14. Re: Xbox Doom3 Trailer... May 11, 2004, 17:33 Hump

DOOM 3 would be a great launch title for XBox 2 though, but I guess that's a little too far off

How much you wanna wager that Quake 4 will be an Xbox 2 launch title....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing - Soldner Beta, Joint Ops, UT2004.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13. Re: Xbox Doom3 Trailer... May 11, 2004, 16:43 Razor6

The trailer is surprisingly good considering the Xbox is a Celeron 733 with 64MB of RAM and a Geforce3-level video chip.

It's still noticeable though. The resolution is like 640x480 without any AA and the textures are visibly lower resolution. There also appeared to be some low framerate parts, although those parts may have been slowed for dramatic affect. The PC has a much crisper high defenition feel to it. DOOM 3 would be a great launch title for XBox 2 though, but I guess that's a little too far off.

This comment was edited on May 11, 16:43.

12. Re: Xbox Doom3 Trailer... May 11, 2004, 15:55 Smellfinger

ya'll been trolled
This comment was edited on May 28, 00:47.

11. Re: Xbox Doom3 Trailer... May 11, 2004, 14:54 Razor6

The trailer is now at fileplantet, no account required.

http://xfersf01.fileplanet.com/^1720199010/movies/pcmovies.ign.com/docroot/pc/video/doom3d/doom3_051004_qthigh.mov?position=front

It seems chatbear doesn't like chevrons.
This comment was edited on May 11, 14:56.

10. Re: Xbox Doom3 Trailer... May 11, 2004, 14:43 John

No thank you Xbox, i'll wait for the PC version.

I think you'll be waiting the same amount of time for each. And good luck playing co-op on the PC.. if you are interested in that.

This space is available for rent

9. Re: DOom3 Trailer May 11, 2004, 14:01 Ihya

This is a surreal moment from the gamespy e3 coverage during the Xbox press conference which I don't think Blue has listed regarding the Halo 2 release date.

Moore said that he had been out for dinner with some of the sales people a few weeks ago, and mentioned that he had a release date set. The sales team laughed it off, and said they'd believe it when they saw it tattooed on him. Well, sure enough, Moore lifted his sleeve, and there it was in dark, black, and hopefully permanent lettering: November 9th. And yes, Moore joked, that is in the year 2004.

I think this is an outstanding idea that should become protocol within the games industry. Every lead developer should have release dates tatooed on their person so they try their utmost to guarantee it from sliding, and avoiding a new tatoo. I think however in Gabe Newell's case they should use a branding iron.
Sure George Broussard over at 3d realms would look like the tatoo freak out of the X files but the end result would be solid release dates you could hang your hat on and less disappointment for gamers everywhere.

-----------------
"Humour is a rubber sword - it allows you to make a point without drawing blood." - Mary Hirsch
----------------

This comment was edited on May 11, 14:12.

8. DOom3 Trailer May 11, 2004, 13:50 Wolffe

I wonder if they will recreate any of the key moments from the original Doom. I will never forget the day I reached the level where you first encounter the big Cyber Demon. I had just installed my brand-spanking-new SoundBlaster Pro with STEREO sound that day. I remember the room filled with ammo (always a bad sign) and as I approached the doorway, I heard the massive footsteps approach from the right. I was just blown away... uh... literally...

I know that Doom 3 won't feel the same. I'm guessing it will be a really cool game but it won't have nearly the same impact as its 2.5D :^) predecessor.

7. Xbox Doom3 Trailer... May 11, 2004, 13:08 The Half Elf

Did anyone else notice the drop in framerates? No thank you Xbox, i'll wait for the PC version.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Doom3 trailer pulled? May 11, 2004, 12:46 Gandhi

Just downloaded the D3 trailer. Quite impressive. Reminded me of the first Alien movie in terms of atmosphere. Speaking of which, this engine would be perfect for a "re-telling" of the first Alien movie in PC-game format

Sigh ..... both D3 and HL2 are expected to be out in summer of this year, and I start law school in 2 weeks. Dammit, dammit, dammit

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

5. Nintendo DS May 11, 2004, 12:11 Hunterzyph

Nintendo DS looks like an enhanced GBA:SP. The dual-screen is simply an answer to the age old problem of having to 'pause' when you want to see maps, inventories, etc.

4. ugh May 11, 2004, 12:04 The Truth

if thats the actual DS, im not impressed. that is ugly! especially compared to the PSP..

I guess we will see though

------
Bullets taste like chicken!

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

3. Re: Doom3 trailer pulled? May 11, 2004, 12:01 Kreilo

I'd just found that link myself and was about to post it. Thanks Satyric0n.

2. Re: Doom3 trailer pulled? May 11, 2004, 11:58 Satyric0n

Try http://xbox.ign.com/articles/512/512897p1.html

1. Doom3 trailer pulled? May 11, 2004, 11:55 Kreilo

The IGN link for the Doom3 trailer (as well as the equivalent link from their homepage) only goes to Doom3 screenshots. Was the trailer pulled?

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo