Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Painkiller Patch

A new patch is now available for Painkiller, updating People Can Fly's first-person shooter to version 1.15. The new version includes a new multiplayer map along with numerous enhancements including demo recording, a new spectator mode, prediction code, a voting system, and more. The patch is a 50 MB download, available from 3D Gamers, 3D Downloads, ActionTrip, Computer Games Online, FileShack (registration required), Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

3. PeeKay May 5, 2004, 20:09 Hump

welp, as far as MP goes I really can't tell a lick of difference between this version and the last. The dodgy netcode still seems to be in place. The new map is "ok" I guess. The rest of the changes will be only noticed by those who play it daily.

The shotgun is still nearly useless (in MP), the lack of maps is still a problem and the MP is mainly about one weapon and one weapon only....the RL.

I enjoyed the hell out of this game as far as single player but the MP just isn't clicking for me (which is strange because I love simple shooters).

No biggie though as I feel I got my moneys worth from the SP campaign.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
New sig under construction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: hmmm May 5, 2004, 19:40 JosephBlowski

"wonder if its too late for the PK community though, it feels like a stunted launch"

Painkiller? Isn't that the cool game that came out last year demonstrating the new generation of physics?

Ya I kinda feel like painkiller is stunted to. I saw the patch notice and thought, so what?. The game was just so boring. I don't know how because the physics were cool and the effects in some of the boss scenes was nice. I don't even think about the game now.

1. hmmm May 5, 2004, 19:18  Wookieballs 

I was wanting the buy the game right after it came out, then I heard about the horrible multiplay. After so much of the "its gonna be just like old school quakeworld", I ended up being glad that I didnt pick the game up because of the bad netcode.

I wonder if its too late for the PK community though, it feels like a stunted launch.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo