Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Painkiller Patch

A new patch is now available for Painkiller, updating People Can Fly's first-person shooter to version 1.15. The new version includes a new multiplayer map along with numerous enhancements including demo recording, a new spectator mode, prediction code, a voting system, and more. The patch is a 50 MB download, available from 3D Gamers, 3D Downloads, ActionTrip, Computer Games Online, FileShack (registration required), Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

3. PeeKay May 5, 2004, 20:09 Hump
welp, as far as MP goes I really can't tell a lick of difference between this version and the last. The dodgy netcode still seems to be in place. The new map is "ok" I guess. The rest of the changes will be only noticed by those who play it daily.

The shotgun is still nearly useless (in MP), the lack of maps is still a problem and the MP is mainly about one weapon and one weapon only....the RL.

I enjoyed the hell out of this game as far as single player but the MP just isn't clicking for me (which is strange because I love simple shooters).

No biggie though as I feel I got my moneys worth from the SP campaign.

New sig under construction.
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
2. Re: hmmm May 5, 2004, 19:40 JosephBlowski
"wonder if its too late for the PK community though, it feels like a stunted launch"

Painkiller? Isn't that the cool game that came out last year demonstrating the new generation of physics?

Ya I kinda feel like painkiller is stunted to. I saw the patch notice and thought, so what?. The game was just so boring. I don't know how because the physics were cool and the effects in some of the boss scenes was nice. I don't even think about the game now.

1. hmmm May 5, 2004, 19:18  Wookieballs 
I was wanting the buy the game right after it came out, then I heard about the horrible multiplay. After so much of the "its gonna be just like old school quakeworld", I ended up being glad that I didnt pick the game up because of the bad netcode.

I wonder if its too late for the PK community though, it feels like a stunted launch.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News logo