Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TRIBES & TRIBES II Free

As promised (story), Vivendi Universal has released Starsiege TRIBES for free, giving new life to Dynamix's classic multiplayer shooter. The 136 MB download is available on FilePlanet (registration required). Likewise, the free release of TRIBES II is now available, a 539 MB download, also available on FilePlanet (registration required).

View
97 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

37. Helpful T2 info May 4, 2004, 21:02 z0dd

Here's a nice post detailing files you may need to play on some T2 servers:

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6247103#post6247103

FWIW, here's the homepage for the Classic mod that should be apart of the free Tribes2 release:
http://mods.tribalwar.com/classic/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 21:01 sinner's saint

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 4, 21:38.

35. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 21:00 Scottish Martial Arts

OMG in order to download a free game I have to register for free at a site that doesn't even need a real email address? NO FUCKING WAY BOYCOTT!

34. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 20:48 trashymac

Oh for god's sake, Jedi. It's text on your computer monitor. Find something worthwhile to get upset about.

g:

This comment was edited on May 4, 20:50.

33. hmm May 4, 2004, 20:48 tunis5000

Tribes was one of the best online games ever, I hope this brings some new life into an old game, I might go back and play this again for a while see how it pans out. I got Tribes 2 back in the day as well but I didn't really care for it, the gameplay was much slower paced...  
-----------------------------------------------
I like pie.

32. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 20:40 JediLuke

I saw "jewed" in some dictionary somewhere (not in Germany).

No, it doesn't mean to feel genocided, but merely to have been screwed.

Yeah, it's in the dictionary and labeled as "offensive" because it's an offensive and bigoted thing to say. Not the kind of thing you'd want to say to people in person.

~Steve

http://stevegoldbergmusic.com

31. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 20:31 Hump

Wow, I hope a lot of people start playing T2. We need new blood! T2 is awesome.

it is indeed.

If more people also get into the mods that will be a big plus. the War mod is a favorite as is Renegades.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
New sig under construction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

30. No subject May 4, 2004, 20:25 Nonicknameforme

I ordered Thief II and the silly company sent me Tribes II, I kinda laughed if just because I would be a sorry sap to be buying the game when they were going to be releasing it for free. Oh well I still haven't beat Thief: Gold, i'm one slow taffer.  
"I'm too much of a narcisist to really hate stupid people."

29. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 20:24 PHJF

I saw "jewed" in some dictionary somewhere (not in Germany).

No, it doesn't mean to feel genocided, but merely to have been screwed.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

28. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 20:17 Cruel

Oh, and one more thing: WTH do you need a CD-key for a FREE game? *scratches head*

It's easyer than having them redo the entire system they have in place now.

27. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 20:12 RoachMojo

Wow, I hope a lot of people start playing T2. We need new blood! T2 is awesome.

26. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 20:10 RayFerret

I love how people always just say "OMG they have exclusives, that’s so awful." and have nothing else to follow that.

These are either:

A) People from download sites that don't bother to work for exclusives and can gain a cult following by “bashing the big guy.”
B) People that have been brainwashed by A –or-
C) Some sort of cow that thinks it’s a human.

For humanities sake, I hope most of those posting are C. And most cows have cable, and last time I checked cable is FULL of exclusive content.

Ray

25. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 20:06 Siward

The word is that it's for smurf authentication. Since (as I recall) T2 bans work by CD-key.

24. No subject May 4, 2004, 20:04 StreetPreacher

Oh, and one more thing: WTH do you need a CD-key for a FREE game? *scratches head*

23. Re: CD KEYS May 4, 2004, 20:04 Siward

You make me laugh, Halsy.

And, don't blame Sierra for dissolving Dynamix. Blame Dave Georgeson, the spawn of satan who is in a lot of people's eyes the sole reason for that happening in the first place. If you really want to hear me rant, please ask about why I feel this way.

Edit: I should say that the only marketing T:V needs is to get its word spread. Although the dev team has made a few decisions I disagree with, on the whole it looks like they will be producing a stellar product.
This comment was edited on May 4, 20:05.

22. No subject May 4, 2004, 20:03 StreetPreacher

Fileplanet's giving away great games for free? How DARE they! The nerve! Why I oughta...

*ahem*

Although I've still got both of my original disks (T1 remains my all-time favorite MP game), I'm really glad to see them doing something like this. What a great move to promote Tribes: Vengence. Now maybe I'll finally be able to find some good base servers w/ Broadside or Scarabrae...

21. Re: CD KEYS May 4, 2004, 19:52 Halsy

I hate the fuking exclusives. Whenwill they understand this sort of BS makes us less inclined to buy any of their new products when they pull this shit.

"It's like "Bang the Drum Slowly". Except the drum's a chick.
- Family Guy

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

20. Re: Patch first May 4, 2004, 19:51 Krovven

Didnt know you could find arguements against free games, ah people never cease to amaze me

Exactly what I was going to say.
Amazing that idiots can find something to complain about when 2 games are released for free. Don't have a Fileplanet subscription? Tough shit, wait a few weeks and buy the magazine. Or are you too cheap to pay $8 for that too?

Anyways I loved Tribes, bought Tribes 2 the day it came out and returned it two days later cus it sucked horribly. Will be interesting to see if and how much it has improved.

19. Re: Patch first May 4, 2004, 19:51 Cruel

Yep T1 was released on PCPP just before T2s release.

This comment was edited on May 4, 20:13.

18. Re: Patch first May 4, 2004, 19:40 AcidDrone

hmm Tribes 1 free?
I got it for free a couple of years ago on a coverdisc.
I think having Tribes 2 for free is pretty good.. a few ppl still play it and might help keep it alive a bit longer.

97 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo