Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield Vietnam Patch Status

The Battlefield Vietnam Website (thanks BattleField Central) has a status report on the eagerly anticipated first patch for Battlefield Vietnam, saying the version 1.01 update "has entered the home stretch here at EA and should be ready for release in the very near future....While future Battlefield Vietnam updates will include game features that were added to Battlefield 1942 post-ship (such as the Voting GUI), v1.01 is intended to address community related issues." The update goes on to detail server fixes, and the following incomplete list of client fixes:

• Sort by Ping fixed in Server Browser
  • Scrollbar fixed in Server Browser
  • Soldier prediction fixed to remove jerky movements when walking/jumping
  • M60 removed from the LAW kit and replaced with M14
  • M60 and RPD min/max bullet deviation increased when standing/moving
  • M60 and RPD max bullet deviation decreased slightly when prone
  • Rate of fire and velocity of M60/RPD adjusted
  • Player movement speeds on Heavy Assault kits reduced slightly
  • Network overhead of vehicle engines and airlifting significantly reduced
  • Added minimap warning icon when enemies are within capture radius of an opposing team flag

View
135 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

55. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2004, 19:03 Zetler

Do you even know what a libertarian is?

A libertarian is someone who vote for Bush, LOL!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

54. Re: Halsy Apr 30, 2004, 19:02 Zetler

I love it how people are actually trying to have serious discussion aboutIraq in a gaming forum. Mr. Bush this, no blood for oil that. As if anyone gives a fuck. Please nerf the M60 and fix the ATI performance issue. K thx, bye.

53. F Diddle, Esquire Apr 30, 2004, 19:00 bigp3rm1

Where do you live so I can bomb your house.. You.. the dirty foul water drinker.. you smell of maltha.. I spit in your general direction..

52. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2004, 18:57 DDI

of course there right wing libertarians are trying to censor any viewpoints against mister bush

Do you even know what a libertarian is?

51. Re: question Apr 30, 2004, 18:56 DDI

Uh nevermind that Halliburton was incredibly qualified to do the work doesn't matter?

Sorry halsy you are a left wing loonytune arguing conspiracy and paranoia.

50. Halsy Apr 30, 2004, 18:54 bigp3rm1

Anyone who quotes from a cartoon is truly a moron..

Cheers to you wanker..

49. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2004, 18:53 F Diddle, Esquire

of course there right wing libertarians are trying to censor any viewpoints against mister bush and ted koppel is being censored from a soldier memorial and the bush administration allows torture of iraqis this is freedom? if u think u can play games while your red white and blue flag is uses to cause the suffering of a islamic race then u are truly sick.

also the united stats army has appointed a republican guard saddam general in charge of fallujah. mission accomplished?

---------------------------------------
Where is justice of the people of Tamil
http://www.eelam.com/
---------------------------------------

48. Re: This is my rifle/This is my gun Apr 30, 2004, 18:42 gerauchertes

@ DDI: I've seen that argument too, but it seems like a copout. There are plenty of people online who actually use voicechat productively, and IMO it's worse having garbage spam your screen than your speakers. As you say, it can simply be turned off if it's really that bad. And how hard is it to let people choose which players they can hear and which ones they can't? That would be a lot less inconvenient than forcing us to resort to cumbersome third-party voice software (you can't really argue that it doesn't enhance gameplay quite a bit when it's well used).

It's just straight slackin' what we've got here. I'm glad they're focusing on getting the actual gameplay unfucked first, but the overall package definitely needs some polish.

47. No subject Apr 30, 2004, 18:35 RazorWynd

go argue at

uglypolitics.fragism.com

not here at blues

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

46. Re: question Apr 30, 2004, 18:34 Nefilim

I thought Blue's News was a gaming site, not a political discussion forum.

45. Troll Apr 30, 2004, 18:33 bigp3rm1

Yes you live under a bridge..

44. Re: question Apr 30, 2004, 18:28 Halsy

There are ways to cook the books to adjust the profits. Not to mention the illegal kickbacks they get in subcontracting. Plus they're consistently pull in more per month. The initial contract was 2 billion dollars. Then doubled to 4. Now they're charging 1 billion per month. 1 billion per month. What's 1% of 1 billion (closer to 5% after they're done cooking)? And the main point is that they still acquired the contract WITHOUT bidding and because of their CLOSE ties to the White House it's most definitely improper because there are too many conflicts of interest.

Don't think there are conflicts and improprieties?

http://www.commoncause.org/justwatch/default.cfm

Sorry, DDI, you're the only moron here, as per usual.

"It's like "Bang the Drum Slowly". Except the drum's a chick.
- Family Guy

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

43. Re: This is my rifle/This is my gun Apr 30, 2004, 18:24 DDI

Even more bothersome is that the series still bluntly refuses to bring itself up to speed regarding certain other features which have essentially become standards in the industry of dedicated online FPS titles before BF42 ever hit shelves. Integrated voice support?

Uh they mentioned why in an interview, basically to sum it up they said who wants to listen to obnoxious screaming teenagers. I hated voice support in CS and promptly turned it off.. too many obnoxious fuckers.

42. PS Apr 30, 2004, 18:21 bigp3rm1

your all trolls to talk about this crap on a game board..

41. Re: F Diddle, Esquire Apr 30, 2004, 18:19 Papa_Giorgio

Finally there is starting to appear light at the end of the tunnel.

FUCKING RELEASE IT ALREADY. This games icon hasn't been clicked in a while, Windows XP is already asking me if i want to remove it because its not been used in while to free space. Oh well....

40. F Diddle, Esquire Apr 30, 2004, 18:15 bigp3rm1

Hey twit.. CNN is left you moron..

39. Re: question Apr 30, 2004, 18:13 DDI

not only that but Bush's old pals are all involved with the companies that have the rebuilding contracts.

Did you know that they are making 1% if that on their contract? They might not even turn out a profit when it is all done. So if this was a war for profiteering uh its doing a pretty bad job of profiteering. Infact this is a make or break contract for them, the Halliburton might even go under because of it.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2099680/

Looks like you guys are a bunch of uninformed morons. Halliburtons contract specifically limited their profits.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 18:15.

38. This is my rifle/This is my gun Apr 30, 2004, 18:09 gerauchertes

American soldiers do not murder women and children. That's just too stupid to even humor.

All soldiers do that in every war and always have and always will, even Uncle Sam's glorious sons. For fuck's sake buddy, at least be aware of the world you live in. Do some Googling on Smedley Butler or something.

Anyhoo, blood, oil, America evil, Wall Street rules the world, BLARGH BLAARGH KTHX

Christ on a pogostick... I don't think I ever heard that one.Yes more maps would be nice.

I guess you've never seen the Beavis & Butthead movie. Also, more maps would be neato, but then I suppose dumb fuckers like me would be less inclined to drop wads of cash on an expansion.

I'm impressed with the way EA/DICE/whoever is really going for the throat of the biggest problem (IMO) with BF:V. That M60/LAW thing is bad enough that I've only really played the game for a few hours since I picked it up a day or two after release.

I am, on the other hand, emphatically not impressed by the fact they allowed this sort of crippling imbalance into the "final" version of the game in the first place.

More irritating is that they're only now adding miscellaneous features that were introduced to BF42 well before BF:V's release. Left hand, right hand: hello? Pay attention to one another. Thanks. (This does not, however, mean I'm looking forward to my already cluttered screen being further intruded upon by an incessant barrage of obtrusive vote windows.)

Even more bothersome is that the series still bluntly refuses to bring itself up to speed regarding certain other features which have essentially become standards in the industry of dedicated online FPS titles before BF42 ever hit shelves. Integrated voice support? Where? How long ago did they implement that into TFC? It's a given in console titles now, ya lazy pricks.

The current poll going on at the official BF:V site asks visitors if they'd have still been interested in the game if it hadn't included a single-player component. Roughly half (52% I think, last I checked) of the 14,000+ respondents say "no". Just out of curiousity, how many people here give a flying fuck about BF:V's SP?

considering i have many posts...that means im superior in all ways inmaginable

Well, you know what they say about quantity as opposed to quality. No offense, guy. But to give you the benefit of the doubt I'm imagining your tongue bursting through your cheek as you typed that.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 18:14.

37. No subject Apr 30, 2004, 18:05 nip your tip

OMG! Do politics have to leak into every corner of society? I WANT TO TALK ABOUT GAMES!!!!!!!!!
-YES! I have a reason to use the m14 now!

36. Re: post no. 21 Apr 30, 2004, 17:50 Krovven

not only that but Bush's old pals are all involved with the companies that have the rebuilding contracts.

Actually Bush himself and his family have money invested in the same companies. He even benefited from the California power problems a few years back right after he was elected. The company he has money invested in was one of the ones selling power to California for insane amounts of money because California had no choice but to buy it. It may not have been illegal, but it certainly is a conflict of interest when your president is benefiting from the problems of an entire state.

American soldiers are not murderers, they are the murder weapons. Guns dont kill people people kill people.

You could get away with saying that when conscription was in place. It's all volunteer now, so people know very well that when they sign up they may have to go into combat and pull the trigger against other humans, man, women and child.

We've been meddling in thier politics since the 50s and before that it was european nations meddling in their politics and invading them and stuff.

Thats part of foreign affairs with politics. The middle east has oil the US wants, and they have been working for a long time to try and get as much of it for as cheaply as possible. Now they are trying to take it by force.

Anyways, I agree with most of your post.

But yea lets get back to the real topic...games, and the patch.

135 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo