Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield Vietnam Patch Status

The Battlefield Vietnam Website (thanks BattleField Central) has a status report on the eagerly anticipated first patch for Battlefield Vietnam, saying the version 1.01 update "has entered the home stretch here at EA and should be ready for release in the very near future....While future Battlefield Vietnam updates will include game features that were added to Battlefield 1942 post-ship (such as the Voting GUI), v1.01 is intended to address community related issues." The update goes on to detail server fixes, and the following incomplete list of client fixes:

• Sort by Ping fixed in Server Browser
  • Scrollbar fixed in Server Browser
  • Soldier prediction fixed to remove jerky movements when walking/jumping
  • M60 removed from the LAW kit and replaced with M14
  • M60 and RPD min/max bullet deviation increased when standing/moving
  • M60 and RPD max bullet deviation decreased slightly when prone
  • Rate of fire and velocity of M60/RPD adjusted
  • Player movement speeds on Heavy Assault kits reduced slightly
  • Network overhead of vehicle engines and airlifting significantly reduced
  • Added minimap warning icon when enemies are within capture radius of an opposing team flag

View
135 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

75. Re: For the record Apr 30, 2004, 20:25 Krovven

America is the ONLY nation on the planet that goes WAY out of it's way to keep innocents out of harm's way.

Bull fucking shit you idiot. Every peace keeping move that has been made in recent history was a UN joint effort that involved far more countries than just the US.

We should never help to rebuild a country that we have conquered.

Why the need to "conquer" any place? There was NO reason to invade Iraq, none whatsoever. Even the UN said so and voted against it.

As for the rest of your points...the US is NOT the only country that does all of those things. And alot of countries manage to do it without pissing off the rest of the world.

The US military has done alot of good when countries needed it. But there is a huge difference between peace keeping and invading...and Bush is the difference.

"Murder" is what Bin Laden did to American citizens on 9-11.

Afghanistan is not Iraq. The UN occupation in Afghanistan isnt the conversation here. And to make things clear...it is UN occupation, not US occupation. Alot of countries have soldiers stationed there.

"Murder" is what Saddam did to the tens of thousands of people in those mass graves uncovered in Iraq.

And the US knew all about this 20 years ago, when they were allies! It is far too late to use it as an excuse now.

JosephBlowski - Us oldsters? We laugh and shake our heads when kids repeat propaganda like that.

I am gonna be laughing like a hyena when they bring back the draft. Then, instead of shooting your mouth off at a gaming board, you are going to be dodging real bullets and bombs so that Bush and his buddies can get rich.

The draft is coming. Better get ready.

Absofuckinglutely!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

74. Re: For the record Apr 30, 2004, 20:15 Zetler

Sorry, Blow. I've been too old to draft for a couple years. 35 years old.

I'll go if I'm called. I rather die a man than live as a Canadian

73. Blowski = ignorant Apr 30, 2004, 20:05 CorpDan

...Ahhhh, I get it. You're not just Anti-American, you're homophobic as well.

Using the word "gay" as a derogative term really kills any agrument you may have had. It labels you as a juvenile, childish troll...and does so accurately.

72. Re: For the record Apr 30, 2004, 20:01 Inkswitch

Sorry, Blow. I've been too old to draft for a couple years. 35 years old.

Unless your talking draft beer........

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 20:02.

71. Re: question Apr 30, 2004, 19:54 Tony!!!

Just Blowski me and shut up!
Is there no demo for Battlefield Vietnam???

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

70. Re: For the record Apr 30, 2004, 19:53 JosephBlowski

"You dumbshits keep talking your tired anti-war/anti-USA bullshit. Just make sure YOUR country never makes the mistake of fucking with us."

Us oldsters? We laugh and shake our heads when kids repeat propaganda like that.

I am gonna be laughing like a hyena when they bring back the draft. Then, instead of shooting your mouth off at a gaming board, you are going to be dodging real bullets and bombs so that Bush and his buddies can get rich.

The draft is coming. Better get ready.

69. Re: question Apr 30, 2004, 19:50 JosephBlowski

"I thought Blue's News was a gaming site, not a political discussion forum."

That was before pictures of sick americans buttpumping arabs in handcuffs and hoods were printed on the front page of the worlds newspapers.

Americans are all gay. The TV, the news. Now they taking gay to Iraq and doing it to the prisoners.

Go American, Go Gay.

68. Re: For the record Apr 30, 2004, 19:45 Inkswitch

"Murder" is what Bin Laden did to American citizens on 9-11.
"Murder" is what Saddam did to the tens of thousands of people in those mass graves uncovered in Iraq.

Listen people. America is the ONLY nation on the planet that goes WAY out of it's way to keep innocents out of harm's way. Collateral deaths of innocent people while attacking legitimate millitary targets is not murder. It is unfortunate. It is sad. It happens in war.

This is getting way out of hand. You want to think America is a murdering imperialist nation? Fine. I think we should start acting like it. America should no longer feed starving nations. Their should be no more monetary aid to any foreign country. Financing to the UN should stop immediately. No more emergency response teams sent to nations who have had natural disaters. We should let Iraq invade Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. We should call in ALL moneys owed to the US in default. We should pull all military out of all foregn lands at once. Screw the S Viet Namese and who really gives a shit if Germany ever wanted to invade Europe again, anyway? We should never help to rebuild a country that we have conquered. We should send an official apology to Russia and help to rebuild the Soviet Union. Maybe we could clone Hitler?

You dumbshits keep talking your tired anti-war/anti-USA bullshit. Just make sure YOUR country never makes the mistake of fucking with us.

And toning down the M60 is a good idea.

67. Re: Redemption Apr 30, 2004, 19:45 Hump

ut now I'm looking for the EoD team to salvage my investment in the product of DICE's latest bowel movement.

I beleive that DICE only had a advisory role in the game. You can thank EA Toronto for the stale blandness of BF:V

----------------------------------------------------------------------
New sig under construction.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

66. Re: Redemption Apr 30, 2004, 19:37 Zetler

Yeah but you can't beat BFV's terrain...mmm...green shrubs.

65. Redemption Apr 30, 2004, 19:29 gerauchertes

By next update Eve of Destruction will have surpassed BF:V in quality.

I hope so. I'm just over here twiddling my thumbs while I wait for BF:V and Cry mods to start popping up.

Earlier I'd wondered what the point of EoD would be after BF:V was released, but now I'm looking for the EoD team to salvage my investment in the product of DICE's latest bowel movement.

BF2 cant get here soon enough.

...meh. Next time I'll wait until there's some decent mods available before I drop a dime on a BF sequel.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 19:32.

64. Re: For the record Apr 30, 2004, 19:20 Zetler

SADDAM DIDNT TORTURE THAT IS PROPAGANDA FROM FOXNEWS RUPERT MERDOCK

ROFL. Do you even a realize how funny you are?

63. Re: Halsy Apr 30, 2004, 19:19 Hump

Please nerf the M60 and fix the ATI performance issue. K thx, bye

Amen.

Who the hell over at EA thought it was a sound decision to have a class with an M60 along with the LAW?

To be honest I'm highly disappointed with this game. Its dull and sloppy (kinda like the girls from my hometown). By next update Eve of Destruction will have surpassed BF:V in quality.

BF2 cant get here soon enough.

New sig under construction.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

62. Re: For the record Apr 30, 2004, 19:17 F Diddle, Esquire

SADDAM DIDNT TORTURE THAT IS PROPAGANDA FROM FOXNEWS RUPERT MERDOCK  
---------------------------------------
Where is justice of the people of Tamil
http://www.eelam.com/

61. Re: For the record Apr 30, 2004, 19:15 Zetler

you spend hours discussing libertarian and ignore the torture of civilians!!!!!!!!

Where were you when Saddam was torturing them?? Nevermind, lets put Saddam back in power so he can torture them properly.

60. Re: For the record Apr 30, 2004, 19:12 gerauchertes

F Diddle, Esquire: you spend hours discussing libertarian and ignore the torture of civilians!!!!!!!!

Hi, Diddle. Let us review the entire contents of the first post of this thread, posted by you:

WEINER

No more from you concerning the relevancy of anything then, yes?

@ AstroCreep: Gas prices are only at an all-time high if you don't adjust for inflation. Once you do, though, we still haven't reached the peak we hit in the 1970's. You may be too young to recall the "even/odd" fuel rationing system (which, incidentally, is currently imposed upon the Iraqis, who are somehow curiously short on gas in a region where a gallon cost only a few U.S. pennies before U.S. troops arrived), but we're not really near being that fucked right now.

Maybe come July, though. Sucks for Californians, for sure.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 19:33.

59. Re: question Apr 30, 2004, 19:12 Smellfinger

Uh nevermind that Halliburton was incredibly qualified to do the work doesn't matter?

-5 points to you for citing the White House's talking points. How unoriginal.

Sorry halsy you are a left wing loonytune arguing conspiracy and paranoia.

Way to play into the hands of the ruling elite. They use the common man's 'us vs. them' mentality to their advantage. It's a great way to distract pinheads.

Remember: 2 years ago it was conspiracy to even hint around that the White House had any sort of prior knowlege about the WTC attacks regardless of the facts. Now it is admitted by this administration. Be careful how you throw the word "conspiracy" around.

58. No subject Apr 30, 2004, 19:11 AstroCreep

"Keep an eye on this space in the coming weeks for an announcement on the release of 1.01"

good news, but that sucks

Also, I find it strange that at the moment gas prices in the US are at an all time high and yet people actually believe that we really invaded Iraq for oil.

We are the only remaing super power, and if you're going to play sherrif (and obviously we do) then it's a job that you just can't half-ass.

57. Re: For the record Apr 30, 2004, 19:06 F Diddle, Esquire

you spend hours discussing libertarian and ignore the torture of civilians!!!!!!!!  
Where is justice of the people of Tamil
http://www.eelam.com/

56. For the record Apr 30, 2004, 19:04 gerauchertes

Some guy: of course there right wing libertarians are trying to censor any viewpoints against mister bush

Some other guy: Do you even know what a libertarian is?

DDI's right about this one, at least. The Righteous Right has nothing to do with libertarianism. A libertarian inherently believes in the rights and freedoms of individuals and the reduction of control by a ruling elite (i.e. government).

Thus, there are obviously very few true libertarians among either the left or the right in Washington.

@ Zetler: Shit, you're right. They don't even bring up the ATI fubar in that release. I'm not too concerned with it (I can live without AA/AF), but what the fuck.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 19:06.

135 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo