Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield Vietnam Patch Status

The Battlefield Vietnam Website (thanks BattleField Central) has a status report on the eagerly anticipated first patch for Battlefield Vietnam, saying the version 1.01 update "has entered the home stretch here at EA and should be ready for release in the very near future....While future Battlefield Vietnam updates will include game features that were added to Battlefield 1942 post-ship (such as the Voting GUI), v1.01 is intended to address community related issues." The update goes on to detail server fixes, and the following incomplete list of client fixes:

• Sort by Ping fixed in Server Browser
  • Scrollbar fixed in Server Browser
  • Soldier prediction fixed to remove jerky movements when walking/jumping
  • M60 removed from the LAW kit and replaced with M14
  • M60 and RPD min/max bullet deviation increased when standing/moving
  • M60 and RPD max bullet deviation decreased slightly when prone
  • Rate of fire and velocity of M60/RPD adjusted
  • Player movement speeds on Heavy Assault kits reduced slightly
  • Network overhead of vehicle engines and airlifting significantly reduced
  • Added minimap warning icon when enemies are within capture radius of an opposing team flag

View
135 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

115. Re: For the record May 1, 2004, 06:37 Flo

Finally a connaisseur!  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

114. Re: For the record May 1, 2004, 06:34 Ihya

I thought that south park episode was cool Flo too.

Honest to God I played this game for 2 evenings then moved on. You can see the enemy on a hill from miles away and plug him but can't see a thing 6 feet in front of you when you are in the jungle. The capture points in the game are poor in comparison to UT 2004; you've bagged em all and suddenly the one one the far end of the map has been claimed not through any brilliance of tactics but because some enemy soldier wandered over there.
I'd trade it in but I'm hoping for some cool mods from it some time soon.

-----------------
"Humour is a rubber sword - it allows you to make a point without drawing blood." - Mary Hirsch
----------------

This comment was edited on May 1, 06:53.

113. No subject May 1, 2004, 06:30 ExcessDan

Bluesnews political chat is so lame.

------------
Love,
Mayor Dan:
The mayor of your hearts <3

ExcessDan

112. Re: For the record May 1, 2004, 05:34 Matz L.E.

Then how come the UN couldn't stop the Serbs from killing thousands in Kosovo until the Americans stepped in?
Yup. That was a complete failure of the UN.

Oh, if UN's "point" is prevent lunatics like Bush from invading any country he likes....then why didn't they?
Because the only way to stop Bush would have been military action against the USA... No nation is strong enough to be a threat for the US - and it would be the wrong way though.

Then everyone should pay their fair share shouldn't they? The United States is currently paying 22% while than France and Germany combined only pay for 15%, heck the Japanese are paying 19% and they don't even get a vote!!! That is just wrong.
The thing is: All other nations pay their share. The USA don't.

Matz

This comment was edited on May 1, 05:35.

111. Re: For the record May 1, 2004, 05:14 Zetler

Yup, always has been and always will be about money. Nothing more, nothing less. It's pretty sad and unfortunate really.

Trust me, if I have my way American foreign policy would be about pussy. Are you listening John Kerry??

This comment was edited on May 1, 05:15.

110. Re:voice support May 1, 2004, 05:14 Tango

I agree that voice support is a bit of a double edged sword, but I agree that it must be possible to filter it. Also, in some games, surely it'd be possible to hear those near to you, so you don't hear some bloke five miles away. Also, if someone was boring / moronic / talking about politics in a game (the horror, the horror) you could just walk away, like in real life.
Now, I know you're gonna say "radios were invented ages ago, all soldiers should have one". That's a good point - but imagine a 200 player server with voice support - it'd be like being trapped in a conference call with 12 year olds.
What might also be a good point is that some games may do this already - I am a bit of a n00b in multiplayer terms, but this occured to me during a game of Joint Ops.

109. Re: For the record May 1, 2004, 04:24 Flo

You obviously missed that South Park episode...  

108. No subject May 1, 2004, 04:01 space captain

gentlemen, there are nipples on your chests...

do you give milk?

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

107. Re: For the record May 1, 2004, 04:01 Sty

We act in OUR interest whatever that may be, oil, humanitarian, because we're bored etc etc.

Yup, always has been and always will be about money. Nothing more, nothing less. It's pretty sad and unfortunate really.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

106. No subject May 1, 2004, 03:58 space captain

Satan told me war is cool

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

105. Re: For the record May 1, 2004, 03:51 JediLuke

Shut up. Chewbacca never lived on Endor. And spell Wookie correctly.

~Steve

http://stevegoldbergmusic.com

104. Re: For the record May 1, 2004, 03:47 Zetler

Ladies and Gentlemen, (Pulls down picture of Chewbacca) this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wooky from the planet Kashyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it. That does not make sense.
Why would a Wooky, an eight-foot-tall Wooky, want to live on Endor with a bunch of two-foot-tall Ewoks. That does not make sense. But more important, you have to ask yourself what does this have to do with this case. Nothing. Ladies and Gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case.
It does not make sense. Look at me. I'm a gamer who wants information about the BF:V Patch and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and Gentlemen I'm not making any sense. None of this makes sense. And so you have to remember when you're on this message board discussing about 911/Iraq/Bush/UN, does it make sense? No. Ladies and Gentlemen of this deposed thread it does not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor you must acquit.

That is unless Chewbacca is a mad claw who's banished from his homeworld by an evil slave trading brother like Big Z from KOTOR (spoiler). In that case the discussions of 911/Bush/Iraq makes perfect sense. Case closed. :%)

103. Re: For the record May 1, 2004, 03:37 Flo

Ok, seems I have no other choice:
Ladies and Gentlemen, (Pulls down picture of Chewbacca) this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wooky from the planet Kashyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it. That does not make sense.
Why would a Wooky, an eight-foot-tall Wooky, want to live on Endor with a bunch of two-foot-tall Ewoks. That does not make sense. But more important, you have to ask yourself what does this have to do with this case. Nothing. Ladies and Gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case.
It does not make sense. Look at me. I'm a gamer who wants information about the BF:V Patch and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and Gentlemen I'm not making any sense. None of this makes sense. And so you have to remember when you're on this message board discussing about 911/Iraq/Bush/UN, does it make sense? No. Ladies and Gentlemen of this deposed thread it does not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor you must acquit.

102. Re: For the record May 1, 2004, 03:19 Zetler

The UN is made up of a large majority of the countries in the world. The whole point of the UN is to prevent insane lunatics (like Bush) from being able to just invade any country they like

Then how come the UN couldn't stop the Serbs from killing thousands in Kosovo until the Americans stepped in? How come the blue helmets stood by and WATCHED millions of people get murdered by the ethic cleansing in Kosovo and Africa?

Americans motive may seems evil to you but at least when we do something our intentions are clear. We act in OUR interest whatever that may be, oil, humanitarian, because we're bored etc etc. America isn't in Africa, despite all the bad shit there because it isn't in our interest to do. Don't like that? Tough.

Oh, if UN's "point" is prevent lunatics like Bush from invading any country he likes....then why didn't they? Why didn't the UN launch santions against America? Why didn't the UN do something other than talk?? Face it, the UN is an American lap dog at best and a tool for the superpowers in practice. It always has been and always will be, all bark and no bite just like the League of Nations.

This isnt America's world, it is everyones world. Attitudes like yours is the reason the world is a shitty violent place right now.

Then everyone should pay their fair share shouldn't they? The United States is currently paying 22% while than France and Germany combined only pay for 15%, heck the Japanese are paying 19% and they don't even get a vote!!! That is just wrong.

This comment was edited on May 1, 03:35.

101. Re: Liar May 1, 2004, 02:57 ExcessDan

Wtf, I like battlefield. Although this one's maps get boring. Yes I do hate just about every game.

------------
Love,
Mayor Dan:

ExcessDan

100. Liar May 1, 2004, 02:55 gerauchertes

Whatever, Dan. You hate every game.

99. No subject May 1, 2004, 02:45 John

This sure is a big topic for a patch.. esp. since it hasn't even been released yet.

This space is available for rent

98. Poop vs. Fart May 1, 2004, 02:31 Smellfinger

Which do you prefer and why?

97. No subject May 1, 2004, 02:11 ExcessDan

I love war. CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, RAPE, PILLAGE, PLUNDER, MAKE VIDEO GAME FOR DAN TO PLAY! FUN!

------------
Love,
Mayor Dan:

ExcessDan

96. Re: UN May 1, 2004, 02:05 gerauchertes

The list of UN resolutions Israel has violated is too long to post here (70+).

Israel currently stands in active violation of over 25 resolutions. The oldest of these dates back to the late 1960's and concerns Israel's takeover of Jerusalem. The latest denounces the infamous wall being built around captured territories.

Many of the UN's resolutions passed against Israel refer to Israel's routine noncompliance with the Geneva Convention. Others refer to Israel's refusal to join the nuclear non-proliferation treaty (somewhat recently much was made of North Korea's withdrawal from the NPT). Many resolutions are simply reiterations of previous resolutions Israel has violated or failed to acknowledge.

135 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo