Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Goosing the Apple May 1, 2004, 03:05 gerauchertes

Yeah. OSX is the worst of the worst. I'd always thought the whole point of a GUI is to make it easier to use a fucking computer. Trying to manhandle OSX is something like shoving cinnamon flavored toothpicks up your cock.

This comment was edited on May 1, 03:07.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Goosing the Apple May 1, 2004, 00:17 Camaro76

Somehow I'd figure copping a feel of OSX would be like copping a feel of the Tron Costume Guy.

Excuse me a minute, I think I just made myself physically ill...

---------------------------------------------
"There's so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?" -- Dick Cavett
mocking the TV-violence debate

--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

7. ut2004 benchmark May 1, 2004, 00:05 rocketpcguy

erm, he didn't remove the SDL lib from the UT2004 linux folder. it's using that instead of the NVIDIA's driver sdl/gl.
and what about recompiling linux with the better AGP support? he's using the stock kernel, from mandrake too!

6. Immigration policy? Apr 30, 2004, 23:45 Sphinx

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy tuk hiz yob!!  
-Sphinx

5. UT2004 32 bit vs. 64 bit Apr 30, 2004, 23:06 Skeeter

Wow. What a ridiculous 'review'. It seems to me that the reviewer wanted so bad for the Linux version to win out and was forced to provide excuses when it didn't.
As drivers and patches are released the performance of Linux will surpass Windows. Linux has better system management in every aspect,

You can't quantify those statements.

When I can't figure something out I turn to the Linux community, they can help with anything and usually much faster than any out sourced tech support in India using a script.

What the heck does that have to do with anything? Unbelievable.

4. dvd player Apr 30, 2004, 20:11 Pete

why buy or rent the dvd if it has stuff in there that offends you?

makes no sense

Im now looking for reasons to keep my SWG account active

Doin' it Big

3. Re: on the ut2004 64bit benchmarks Apr 30, 2004, 15:51 Satyric0n

So, let me get this straight...

A site dedicated to AMDs shows some benchmarks where the 64-bit version of the game is conclusively slower than the 32-bit version of the game.

Also, the pro-Linux author of the article (he says he uses Linux as his only OS) shows that the Linux version of the game is hands-down slower than the Windows version.

Then you go off on how biased the benchmarks are (apparently biased in favor of 64-bit/Linux)? I'm sorry, but you, sir, are retarded.

Some 14 year old living in his parents basement with nothing to do on a saturday night obviously wrote that useless article/benchmark.
Apparently, the same can be said of your post.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 15:54.

2. CryTek & PS3.0 Apr 30, 2004, 14:09 MeatForce

7)   What aspects of the screenshots seen at the launch event are specific examples of the flexibility and power of Shader 3.0?

In current engine there are no visible difference between PS2.0 and PS3.0. PS3.0 is used automatically for per-pixel lighting depending on some conditions to improve speed of rendering.

8)   Is the same level of image quality seen when using Shader 3.0 possible using Shader 2.0? If so, what dictates which Shader you decide to use?

In current generation engine quality of PS3.0 is almost the same as PS2.0. PS3.0 is used for performance optimisation purposes.

Haha! I swore the graphics in the PS3.0 shots looked to be about the same quality as the graphics I'd been seeing in the game!!!

Glad to know nVidia can still be trusted to deal us the straight goods! <--(over-the-top vitriolic sardonicism)

----
The dactylic pentameter consists of too [sic] parts separated by a diaeresis. Each part consists of to [sic] dactyls and a long syllable. The spondee may take the place of the dactyl in the first part, but not in tEh [sic] second... -Harkness.
This comment was edited on Apr 30, 14:11.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

1. on the ut2004 64bit benchmarks Apr 30, 2004, 13:07 zaq

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Why is it we are supposed to trust "benchmarks" and "analysis" from a website titled "amdzone" ?

We are supposed to buy into the 'unbias' and thourough nature of a website who's purpose in life is to have a hardon for anything that's AMD related?

Second, they go ahead and publish a benchmark, and later on in the concluse state that now is the wrong time to benchmark because of driver maturity issues.

SO WHY THE FUCK DID THEY PUBLISH IT?
Some 14 year old living in his parents basement with nothing to do on a saturday night obviously wrote that useless article/benchmark.

--Zaq

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo