Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

Final Fantasy XI Expansion

The Final Fantasy XI Homepage announces plans for Chains of Promathia, the first expansion for Final Fantasy XI (thanks IGN, where they have some additional details). Word is: "It's official! The next installment in the ever-expanding world of FINAL FANTASY XI is almost here. This fall, experience Vana'diel as it evolves in ways never before imagined. The official FINAL FANTASY XI site will be updated regularly to coincide with the development of the Chains of Promathia expansion disc. Keep checking the site to stay on top of all the latest news regarding this exciting new saga. Click here for further details."

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. You've all missed the point. Apr 29, 2004, 04:24 Smellfinger

The attempts at aimless & factless FF-bashing in this thread are so far off it's ridiculous.

Saying that Final Fantasy sucks is like saying that Hitler killed a lot of Jews. You can either face reality or become a Holocaust denier. Your choice.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 04:25.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. No subject Apr 29, 2004, 02:37 Percolator Fish

FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK FF SUCK

16. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2004, 23:54 Morgan19

The attempts at aimless & factless FF-bashing in this thread are so far off it's ridiculous.

m19

15. No subject Apr 28, 2004, 22:25 Nonicknameforme

As the biggest fan of FF2, 3, and 7(us titles so as not to confuse the masses) I have to say I agree with the sentiment that the FF games need to die. They are as deplorable as the Sims games nowadays, expecially with them whoring out the liscense for this shitacular online game.  
"I'm too much of a narcisist to really hate stupid people."

14. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2004, 22:24 sponge

Whee, hooray for the cliched argument against FF that's incredibly inaccurate.

I hate the series too, but at least my facts are correct.

13. No subject Apr 28, 2004, 22:22 Pete

not so final when they are on #11, part 2 as it where.

but like anything we say here is gonna alter the fact that people will continue to buy it.

Im now looking for reasons to keep my SWG account active

Doin' it Big

12. Re: Titans of Steel Apr 28, 2004, 22:10 sponge

As much as I hate MMORPGs, FFXI has one really cool feature: preset voice chats that automatically play whatever language you have, so you can effectively communicate, even if it's not much, to a Japanese player without knowing a word.

11. NEW FINAL FANTASY! Apr 28, 2004, 21:33 Shredder133

OMG there's a new final fanstasy expansion. I wish they'd stop making these damn games already.

10. Re: First Expansion? Apr 28, 2004, 21:13 bothersome

Am I missing something???? Isn't the monthly fee supposed to be for the extra content???

9. Re: First Expansion? Apr 28, 2004, 19:32 PHJF

More than one expansion?! Yeah right, who does that... not Everquest, surely.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: First Expansion? Apr 28, 2004, 19:28 Cynic9

I'm probably wrong, but I thought that an expansion had already come out for the Japanese version, and it was included with the initial American version

You are correct, it is called Rise of the Zilart and comes with the American version.

why would you quit because of that?

That graphics look amazing.

Graphics don't make the game. I tried to like it, I really did. But the interface and camera control is just plain god awful.

It's like running a game on a supercharged PS2 and that is two thumbs down for me.

7. Re: First Expansion? Apr 28, 2004, 19:10 Morgan19

There *is* such a thing as more than one expansion...

m19

6. Re: First Expansion? Apr 28, 2004, 18:57 nin

I'm probably wrong, but I thought that an expansion had already come out for the Japanese version, and it was included with the initial American version?

You're correct, I remember reading that on the box...

http://www.depechemode.com

http://henryandheidi.libsyn.com/rss

5. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2004, 17:04 Grounded

yay more sitting around LFG and more tedious level grinding with people that barely speak english!

4. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2004, 17:01 Scottish Martial Arts

Is Promathia supposed to be some sort of alteration of Prometheus? Damn that was a good play, too bad the other parts were lost to time.

3. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2004, 16:59 Steele Johnson

why would you quit because of that?

That graphics look amazing.

2. First Expansion? Apr 28, 2004, 16:46 ildon

I'm probably wrong, but I thought that an expansion had already come out for the Japanese version, and it was included with the initial American version?

1. No subject Apr 28, 2004, 16:40 tacomodo

I bought this game, but I quit after I found out it has been out like three years in Japan or something. Subconsciously quit... Great game mechanics, though.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo