Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Shows what happens when you are behind the curve, as Marvel, Cockrum, Agree to Settlement (thanks Z) is a follow-up to yesterday's story about the X-Men artist's current condition from shortly after the article mentioned yesterday was published. It turns out that a settlement between Marvel and Dave to compensate him for his contributions to their legacy was engineered by Clifford Meth and Neal Adams, a legendary comic artist in his own right. Word is: "While the details of the settlement will remain confidential, they will allow the Cockrums to securely enjoy their retirement. The Cockrums were elated with news of the settlement. 'Dave is relieved and happy that Marvel has come forward with an offer to compensate him for past work that has benefited Marvel,' Neal Adams reported. 'I can tell you that Dave's happiness is, in fact, my happiness.'" This doesn't abate the sadness at Dave's current physical condition, but it's a relief to know that their financial difficulties have been eased.

Links of the Day:: The Luck Project. Thanks Jim Chaney.
Urinal Dot Net. Thanks Ant.
Stories of the Day: 'Lost' Valentino film found.
Reserved Canadians turn out for laughter classes, learn to let go.
Image of the Day: Guess Who? Shield. Thanks Ant.
Thanks Mike Martinez

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Deadwood Apr 19, 2004, 21:43 glambaz

ST:

Great line from Deadwood last night where I nearly fell over laughing: "The jury will now retire to the whores' rooms and deliberate."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Glad Cockrum got a good settlement... Apr 19, 2004, 20:49 Mono

But I wish I knew yesterday. I went to the Wizard site and bought the $30 Cockrum tribute issue, with revenue going towards his relief fund. It may be OK, but there are other things I'd have rather spent the $30 on...

Flames > /dev/null

36. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2004, 18:55 Creston

Well the Bioware story was broken by Polygon. The apparently false HL2 delay was also published by Polygon. I'm sensing a pattern.

I sure hope it's fucking bogus. It's bad enough that I may be forced to buy an Xbox to play Jade Empire, but if EVERY Bioware game from now on would be Xbox exclusive, it would reaffirm my belief that there is no more hope in the world.

Creston

35. No subject Apr 19, 2004, 18:17 Nonicknameforme

Loser magazine sees failing profits and so becomes the Video Game Weekly World News?  
"I'm too much of a narcisist to really hate stupid people."

34. No subject Apr 19, 2004, 17:58 Bunko

Well the Bioware story was broken by Polygon. The apparently false HL2 delay was also published by Polygon. I'm sensing a pattern.

Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

33. ? Apr 19, 2004, 17:07 Killer Kane

hey , where is the hitman contracts demo ???? the game hits stores on wednesday

32. Microsoft and Bioware... Apr 19, 2004, 17:02 The Half Elf

Ok I'm slow but I'm not as stupid as the guy who did the article. Bioware doesn't own the rights to NWN and have stated that it was the last D&D game they were doing. And if I'm also not mistaken Another company is doing the Sequal to KOTOR.

Wtf is happening to "News" sites anymore? It seems everyone is just clammoring for anything that remotely resembles "news" and I use the word news lightly.

And I don't blame Blue for it as I am sure he gets plenty of emails and whatnots that he has to sift through.

Sides when all is said and done, game come and go, hopefully we'll still have a "Out of the Blue" to come read on a daily basis.

Speaking of which, isn't it about time for some sort of Hudson or Coffee Pot Accident?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

31. Re: Bioware + MS? Apr 19, 2004, 17:01 cecilkorik

It makes me want to cry. Well, not really. But I was seriously hoping that Bioware would go the other direction, despite all their recent X-Box lovin'. I really appreciated the Linux and Mac ports of NWN (as late and crippled as they were initially), and I absolutely despise XP-only bonus material and X-Box exclusives.

Basically, if this goes through, I'm going to have to prepare to make significantly fewer purchases from them in the future. Fortunately, Morrowind seems like it will adequately sate my desires for now

30. No subject Apr 19, 2004, 16:55 Nonicknameforme

Gah it seems like my adventures in messed up stomach land just wont end, I woke up today after a day or two of feeling okay. Lo and behold I was sick feeling agian, however, I took a Pepcid AC and I'm only moderatly icky now. The belching raw volcanic death gas of fire was the cue to take the Pepcid and I'm starting to guess I have an Ulcer or something. Mostly because as I was laying in bed, in pain, before my bright idea to take some medicine, I noticed if I layed certian ways my stomach felt like small rodents were trying to claw thier way free. As I do not own any rodents and all my hampsters died in my butt, Ulcer seems to be the culprate.

Now I guess I'll have to lay off those late night UT2004 sessions where I just end up pissed off at noobs who think they are playing Candy Land. So maby you'll see a kinder nicer more bloated NNFM around.

29. No subject Apr 19, 2004, 16:42 Nonicknameforme

Candy is nice but liquor is quicker.  

28. Misc. Apr 19, 2004, 16:35 Halsy

Good to see Marvel do the right thing finally.

Laughter classes? People never cease to amaze me with that sort of nonsense. Smoke some weed and throw on a comedy if you want to laugh your ass off.

"To a surprising extent the war-lords in shining armour, the apostles of martial virtues, tend not to die fighting when the time comes. History is full of ignominious getaways by the great and famous."
- George Orwell

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

27. Re: The Trial Apr 19, 2004, 15:59 Zathrus

The belief is that BayStar will never see its money... but having an investor publicly requesting its investment back due to breech of contract will prevent any further investment in SCO. And SCO is burning through capital rapidly.

SCO is pretty much up the creek without a paddle. This doesn't really change that. It just makes the rocks at the end of the ride a bit bigger.

26. Re: The Trial Apr 19, 2004, 15:52 complicity

OUCH!
Oh how I hope this is true. I am not a Linux zealot, heck, all I've done is install it a few times, but SCO needs to GO.

28:06:42:12

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

24. Re: The Trial Apr 19, 2004, 14:32 complicity

Deadwood & Sopranos: Now I know how everyone else feels who can't read the secret text every week because they haven't seen the show. This sucks, I'm so tempted!

It's true!

28:06:42:12

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

23. Re: :( Apr 19, 2004, 14:31 nin

SST (To Bronco):

What would have been different was for Christopher to show some compassion. That didn't happen did it?

It's funny, I used to really like Chris. But as he's becoming more and more apart of the family, the less I like him. He crossed the line with what he did to Aide a few weeks ago.

http://www.depechemode.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

22. Re: :( Apr 19, 2004, 14:17 Bronco

SST:

How many people have Tony and crew chewed up and spit out over the years? As soon as that writer subbed his chemical addiction for a gambling addiction I knew he was sunk.

What would have been different was for Christopher to show some compassion. That didn't happen did it?

Deadwood:
If juries were still handled that way then people would be lined up for miles around to serve.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

-TPFKAS2S

21. Re: True? Apr 19, 2004, 14:13 Bronco

whoa...big news indeed.

If you can't do something yourself, buy the people who can!

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

-TPFKAS2S

20. Re: The Trial Apr 19, 2004, 14:08 Zathrus

Deadwood stuff:
then it would have set a precedent that they have law, and any place that has laws could be considered a sovereign entity, thus they would need to be conquered, not annexed

Yes, but property rights indicates some degree of laws as well. In fact, property rights are the usual cassus belli -- you claim to own something I want, and I have the forces to take it from you.

Maybe it was the way things worked at the time... but it's an entirely foreign concept to me.

19. urinal.net Apr 19, 2004, 13:54 Jim

I think this was LotD a year or 2 back. I think Ant went on the same tangent that I did yesterday after reading the toilet story- as I also found myself at urinal.net. Strangely enough, I've been thinking about putting one of those waterless urinals in my house.

Jim

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo