Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Myst IV Revelation Revealed

Ubisoft sends along the announcement of Myst IV Revelation, the next installment in the Myst franchise, due this fall. The first Myst IV screenshots can be found on Jucaushii.ro. Here's the announcement:

Montreal Studio Set to "Reveal" the Next Title in the MystŪ Franchise

SAN FRANCISCO - April 5, 2004 - Ubisoft, one of the world's largest videogame publishers, today revealed the critically acclaimed and best-selling MystŪ franchise will launch its newest adventure, MystŪ IV Revelation, this fall. Peter Gabriel, world-renowned recording artist, worked in collaboration with award-winning composer Jack Wall to create the game's immersive and ambient soundtrack.

"We are excited to announce Myst IV Revelation and proud that it comes from our own Ubisoft Montreal studios," said Laurent Detoc, president of Ubisoft Inc. "Myst IV Revelation will only add to the strength of the Myst franchise, which continues to lead the Adventure category in critical acclaim, fan following, and sales."

Within the visually awe-inspiring world of Myst, a gripping family drama will slowly unfold. A little girl disappears, her two brothers are suspected, and it is clear that their story is far from over. Players will escape into the adventure as they attempt to solve the mystery and discover the fate of the two villainous brothers, Sirrus and Achenar. Understanding their motives is the key to the investigation which will lead to a true "revelation."

"Myst IV Revelation will take players into the twisted minds and worlds of two evil brothers, deep inside an intense family drama, and immerse them within a visually stunning environment," said Genevieve Lord, producer at Ubisoft. "The game is simply a 'must-have' for Myst fans and will also appeal to new players. The storyline is very suspenseful, the puzzles are compelling, and the music, produced by Jack Wall in partnership with Peter Gabriel, will create an unparalleled experience."

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. No subject Apr 5, 2004, 17:05 Phaint

Umm it was Uru : Ages beyond Myst

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2004, 16:50 nin

Wow! All we need now is some kind of game where you sit in a virtual forest and shoot deer...

http://www.depechemode.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2004, 16:47 John

Hmm, have you talked to the old man yet? I forgot what his name was, but talking to him helps you understand what's going on. Plus, reading things that you find explains more. I was in a hurry the time I played it so I didn't read as much as I would have liked. I'll probably go back and play it again sometime because I did enjoy it.. and in Riven, the solutions to some of the puzzles aren't always the same each time you play it.

Also, did anyone notice the Bonus on the Myst Revelation website? It's just a couple wallpapers of the screenshots but they look nice.

This space is available for rent

12. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2004, 16:34 chris

Thanks, ill finish riven up, and then ill start with exile. Also, in riven except for the beginning i didn't really see many references to atrus, achenur, and sirrus? where do they appear? Also, who exactly owns this island that you're on?

Thanks

11. Re: Living in the Myst universe... Apr 5, 2004, 16:32 Wazootyman

Oops. It happens.

10. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2004, 16:32 John

Also, in riven, i got to the part where i was transported to that place where the girl was being kept, and i was captured, how far from the end am i?

You're pretty close to the end there I believe. I can't remember what all you have to do after that, but I know it wasn't too much.

Edit: So is this going to be 3D like Uru or 2D as the first three Myst games? Looking at the screenshots and the video, I can't really tell.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 16:39.

This space is available for rent

9. Re: Living in the Myst universe... Apr 5, 2004, 16:26 Apathy Curve

...neighboor's...

Wazootyman, I don't know if that was intentional on your part or just quasi-Freudian, but I nearly fell out when I read it. I've had a few neighboors, in my time. Especially when I lived in apartments... <shudder>

8. No subject Apr 5, 2004, 16:25 chris

Crap, that means i need to buy riven again, cuz i lost it!! AHHH!!!
Also, in riven, i got to the part where i was transported to that place where the girl was being kept, and i was captured, how far from the end am i?

Thanks

7. Re: I don't understand... Apr 5, 2004, 16:24 LadyCatra

Quote: The second Myst adventure begins where the last one ended - in Atrus's prison below K'veer - and whilst it is a continuation of the story, it can be played without any prior knowledge of the Myst Worlds and their inhabitants.

6. Re: I don't understand... Apr 5, 2004, 16:22 toblix

I just wanted to say this:

YES!

5. Re: I don't understand... Apr 5, 2004, 16:21 chris

So, Riven involved the same people as the first one? i never finished riven. Is it a continuing storyline? like will i have to play riven all the way through to understand the third one, which im about to buy.

4. Re: I don't understand... Apr 5, 2004, 16:18 LadyCatra

This is the 4th in the series involving Atreus and his two sons -- so I guess they didn't include URU as part of that story line...so think of it as the 5th game but only the 4th story. Does that make sense? =^..^=

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 16:19.

3. Movie Teaser Trailer Apr 5, 2004, 16:15 LadyCatra

The official site has a really great looking teaser too... enjoy! www.mystrevelation.com

2. I don't understand... Apr 5, 2004, 16:15 chris

They say this is Myst IV, shouldn't this my MYST V? there was:
Myst
Riven
Myst III Exile
Myst Ages beyond URU
and now this one, revelation, so shouldn't it be myst V?

1. Living in the Myst universe... Apr 5, 2004, 16:09 Wazootyman

Sorry I'm late... it took forever to finish the sliding tile puzzle to get in my car. Getting it started was a pain too, until I found the ignition switch in my neighboor's basement.

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo