Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Joint Operations Demo

The demo for Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising, NovaLogic's multiplayer first-person shooter, is now available for download from NVIDA's nZone. The 233 MB demo features "one 'Twin Island' multiplayer map with day and night settings. The demo will be playable over the NovaWorld Games Network and via LAN. Other features in the demo include: Up to 100 player games via NovaWorld with 32 players on a LAN, 19 land sea and air drivable vehicles, 27 Weapons, (and) 5 classes: Rifleman, Gunner, Engineer, Sniper & Medic." Mirrors are available on 3D Gamers, Filerush (torrent), Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2004, 13:10 space captain

[i] I bet there are all kinds of plans for all kinds of heinous actions that the government has drawn up.[/i]

like 9/11?

http://www.rense.com/general50/fromthesmokin.htm

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 13:11.

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: So disappointed :( Apr 1, 2004, 10:24 OsinO

Everytime I try to connect to a server I get a "Lost the Server" error. Anyone else getting this problem?

38. Joint Operations Apr 1, 2004, 10:23 Yummysnake

This looks familar. Looks like, hey, I know: BFV!!!

37. So disappointed :( Apr 1, 2004, 04:01 Mr Gar

I've been looking forward to this for ages, longing for something as good as DF:2 was in its day.

Unfortunately in its current state (hopefully very early beta for all our sakes) it's shite. Flashpoint is miles better than this and that game's 3 years old now.

The physics (can we have some momentum please?) is almost as bad as the weapon animations, and the level is so drab and devoid of detail I don't care how big it is, it all looks the same.

I hope it's not beyond repair but lots of it needs scrapping and starting again. Mr Sheen isn't going to help this one.

At least there's Soldner.

36. Joint Operations Demo Apr 1, 2004, 01:51 Ant

Yuck, what's up with the graphics? I have an ATI Radeon 9800 AIW and the game looks terrible. I'd rather play BF1942. Multiplayer game seems fine.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

35. sim elements ??? Apr 1, 2004, 01:16 w-D

I downloaded, tested...
not my type of games at all finally, i too first thought it would be more sim oriented.
If you want military/SF mix of action and sim stick to or try Operation Flashpoint: Resistance again.
Maybe not as many eyecandy stuff as in joint operation but literally thousands of units, vehicles, aircraft, tanks addons representing lots of countries (US, Germany, France, Russia, Finland...) available for free on the inet, large maps (some more than 50km*50km.
Now that PC's are powerful enough to have decent fps with OFP:R it's time to give it another chance
And visit ofp news sites like ofp.info or BIS official forums.

34. No subject Mar 31, 2004, 23:53 RazorWynd

haha, a jew joke, haha.

Oi vey.

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)

33. WOW! Mar 31, 2004, 23:32 WebDemon

What an asstastic waste of 200mb! Wake me up when this is an actual game. Such a shame, it looked so good.

32. No subject Mar 31, 2004, 22:54 Nonicknameforme

I bet there are all kinds of plans for all kinds of heinous actions that the government has drawn up. The government isn't "good" its a government, they like knowing all thier options at any given time. Even if some of those options are a bit less than kosher. Thats for the media.

haha, a jew joke, haha.

"I'm too much of a narcisist to really hate stupid people."

31. No subject Mar 31, 2004, 22:17 RazorWynd

weapon models and animations are terrible...

i feel like im a robot in this game..

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)

30. No subject Mar 31, 2004, 22:16 space captain

you want conspiracy?

check out Operation Northwoods

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/jointchiefs_010501.html

- SUBHUMANS

29. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2004, 22:04 Tony!!!

OK, what else does E do in the game? I ask because I don't use default controls and I can't get off the ground w the chopper. I'd have thought that pressing jump would give you lift, but that doesnt seem to do it. Aside from some of the bugs I like the game.

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

28. No subject Mar 31, 2004, 21:50 Nonicknameforme

I'd say that most of your clothes are actually made from hemp, not cotton. Its a big conspiracy.  
"I'm too much of a narcisist to really hate stupid people."

27. By all appearences... Mar 31, 2004, 21:20 Hunterzyph

...Novalogic lacks developers (or lead game designers more specifically) who understand depth of gameplay. The Vision is only 'skin' deep.

26. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2004, 20:42 Ray Singh

I'm a bit confused on what "sim" elements are in the game. Although BF:V is very arcady itself, compared to the vehicles in Joint Operations, it's a sim lol. ok, as stated earlier, flying the helicopters consist of holding "e" till you ascend to desired height, then hit the "w" key to move forward, you never lose altitude. It's ridiculous. Driving ground vehicles over hills seems very unrealistic too, no physics at all. Just my opinion.

25. No subject Mar 31, 2004, 20:32 Phase77

Looks like a nice game!

24. Played it Mar 31, 2004, 19:56 stoneymonster

Hated it. Uninstalled it.

23. No subject Mar 31, 2004, 19:53 space captain

http://www.jackherer.com/popmech.html

check out this popular mechanics article from 1937...

talking about the new "billion dollar cash crop" that will propel America into the future

HEMP

- SUBHUMANS

22. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2004, 19:31 dubfanatic

SPOILER ALERT!

The end boss is actually the ghost of William Randolph Hearst, and you take a time machine back to the 1930s to erase all of his propaganda!

21. Re: Not Sold On This Mar 31, 2004, 18:47 Shataan

I agree with Sado on this one. Having waited since DF 2 for a decent Nova game to arrive, I am holding high hopes for J-Ops. But the state this demo in tells me, that this demo is far from showing us what the real game will offer. Its` gotta be a beta demo for sure.
Config mapping blows. There is no area to map the keys to control helis, or config a joystick. Etc etc etc. We need a final or close to final release demo to make a better buying decision. If I was to go by what I am seeing here, I`d say no sale.
Nova is asking for more US beta testers with Broadband. The next beta after that is for those in the US with dialup. This tells me we gotta be aways off from the May release date. Surely the REAL demo is lurking out there somewhere. This one here looks alot like the one my beta tester buddies have been playing for awhile.

Comon Nova, give us the real demo. lol

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo