Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Stalin Subway Announced

Buka sends along the official announcement of The Stalin Subway, an upcoming Cold War-themed first-person shooter in the works at G5 Software previously revealed through some advance screenshots (story). Here's the scoop on the game, which is expected for release in the first quarter of 2005:

Moscow, fall 1952.

In the Kremlin’s depths there is ripening a covert plot against Stalin. Stalin - the General Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party – is already 72 years old, but he is still able to arouse fear in his subordinates and subjects. The most reliable way to do away with the aged ruler and usurp his power is to use a powerful secret weapon right during the Bolsheviks Party assembly…

The main character – the KGB officer Gleb Suvorov – finds himself involved in the dramatic events against his own will. But he must prevent the explosion and rescue the lives of the innocent people.

Leading the main character through the tempest of the events, the player will visit the most prominent sights and secret underground objects of Moscow, like the existent subway stations, a secret military subway line, suburban catacombs, and many others.

Prepare yourself for the immersion into the thrilling atmosphere of the Moscow dark 50s…

Key Features:

· The photorealistic representation of the most prominent Moscow sights: subway stations, the Kremlin, Moscow State University etc.;
    · The top-secret objects: a military transport underground line, secret labs, underground dug-outs, Stalin’s bunker;
    · Authentic weaponry, including those that have never been offered in a computer game such as anti-tank rifle PTRS-41, RKG-3 grenades, Molotov cocktail, flamethrower ;
    · The opportunity to set fires or to flood certain locations;
    · The NPC’s are able to show the emotional reaction to the environment and the player’s actions;
    · You can control the trains of the secret underground line and drive the “Pobeda” car along the underground tunnels;
    · Over 300 types of destroyable objects: book-cases, chairs, ashtrays and so on;
    · Facial animation of the in-game characters powered by LifeStudio:HEAD technology;
    · Multiplayer: deathmatch and special team scenarios, multiplayer maps designed as real Moscow places.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2004, 18:06 Xenos Overdrive

We can only hope it plays like Goldeneye.

Bleh, I hope it doesn't play like GoldenEye, that was a rather different game that what they're describing here.

And Stalin died in early 1953. Naturally occurring brain hemorrage...or a destroyable ashtray upside the head?

Well...lots of people died of lead poisoning at that time as well....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 19:12 sponge

We can only hope it plays like Goldeneye.

13. No subject Mar 24, 2004, 16:32 RazorWynd

actually the PTRS-41 Anti-armor weapon was in a game...

Call of duty single player in the pavlov map

:D:D:D:D

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

12. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 15:58 Sty

This is the second time I've read that the game is set in 1952. For the second time I've thought to myself, why not 51, 53, or 54?

October 1952 was when the 19th Congress of the CPSU (Communist Party of the Soviet Union) met. Party members had to decide whether they should push on with Stalin and his policies or undermine him by offering support to the minorities. Stalin had also began purging the old leadership, so there were quite a few enemies being made.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

11. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 14:00 gerauchertes

This is the second time I've read that the game is set in 1952. For the second time I've thought to myself, why not 51, 53, or 54?

I'm not a student of Communist Russia so maybe someone can enlighten me.

For the same reason that other game is named "Battlefield 1942." Basically, "Battlefield circa 1942" sounds stupid.

Oh. And Stalin died in early 1953. Naturally occurring brain hemorrage...or a destroyable ashtray upside the head?

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 14:01.

10. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 13:45 Bronco

The World was at war in 1952?

I'm not a student of Communist Russia so maybe someone can enlighten me.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

head down, go to sleep
to the rhythm of the war drums - http://www.aperfectcircle.com

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 13:49.

-TPFKAS2S

9. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 12:45 MeatForce

I hope it bombs a fiery death so as it be a warning to any future world war fps games. BF:Vietnam avoided bombing a fiery death because millions of suckers will buy the game before realising it sucks.

The World was at war in 1952?

BFV sucks??

Video game devs can learn from other devs' mistakes???

Holy crap -- I shall notify the press at once! Normally, yours is the kind of idiot-logic I would dismiss outright as just that, but you present it with such unflinching conviction that it just has to be true... What a scoop!

----
The dactylic pentameter consists of too [sic] parts separated by a diaeresis. Each part consists of to [sic] dactyls and a long syllable. The spondee may take the place of the dactyl in the first part, but not in tEh [sic] second... -Harkness.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

8. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 12:16 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

I swear these marketing and PR people make psychology and communications majors look smart.

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

7. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 12:13 jeffmd

I hope it bombs a fiery death so as it be a warning to any future world war fps games. BF:Vietnam avoided bombing a fiery death because millions of suckers will buy the game before realising it sucks.

6. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 12:05 gerauchertes

The fact that "authentic weaponry" that's "never been offered in a computer game" is now a selling point could be seen as a bad sign. In case anyone's wondering, the RKG-3 is a stick grenade. Revolutionary.

If you're really trying this hard to set yourself apart from the pack, something like "does not feature Garands or Panzerschrecks!" has more of an impact.

"Key Features" include destroying ashtrays? I read that and inadvertantly inhaled three ashtrays in mid-yawn. Controlling trains, flooding areas...secret labs! And do the screenshots remind anyone else of Goldeneye?

5. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 11:44 Bludd

Haha.

Stalin who was a pretty big jerk too

Funny.

4. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 11:28 Sphinx

Well, it's not exactly shooting Nazis but it's awfully close since hopefully you get to shoot Stalin who himself was a pretty big jerk too. That whole Purge thing probably doesn't leave him on the Christmas card list of St. Peter.  
-Sphinx

3. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 11:08 Halsy

Agreed. Very Le Carre-esque.

"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit."
- W. Somerset Maugham

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

2. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 11:01 Sty

Authentic weaponry, including those that have never been offered in a computer game such as anti-tank rifle PTRS-41, RKG-3 grenades, Molotov cocktail, flamethrower

Who does these PR spins? lol I can think of two games with Molotov's and a few with flamethrowers, particularly RtCW.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

1. No subject Mar 24, 2004, 10:45 nin

Sounds cool...

http://www.kmfdm.net/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo