Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Unreal Tournament 2004 Gold

Atari sends word that Unreal Tournament 2004 is gold, and that Epic's multiplayer shooter sequel is due in stores "worldwide" on March 15:

Unreal Tournament 2004 was developed by Epic Games in conjunction with Digital Extremes. The game builds on the success of past installments, taking the franchise to the next level with the introduction of the hyper-charged Onslaught mode, the return of the fan-favorite Assault mode, which last appeared in the original Unreal Tournament, and the introduction of land-, air- and space-based vehicles.

Gamers worldwide have already made the free, downloadable official demo of Unreal Tournament 2004 one of the most popular game demo downloads of all time, with more than 1.5 million downloads in the first week of availability. The demo first hit the Internet on Wednesday, February 11, and was distributed on a worldwide scale and is already one of the most played online PC games on the Internet.

In the game, players suit up as the ultimate techno-gladiator of the future, taking their fates into their own hands as they battle up to 32 other players in action-packed, frag-filled arenas. Unreal Tournament 2004 contains new maps for all established game modes, including Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Bombing Run and Double Domination, as well as all new arenas for the new styles of play. In addition, Unreal Tournament 2004 contains all of the maps, mutators and game types -- such as Mutant, Last Man Standing and Invasion -- from Unreal Tournament 2003 and the free downloadable bonus packs for that game.

View
153 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

153. Re: BF1942 vs Unreal Tournament Grudge M Mar 24, 2004, 15:23 Dreth

Yes. But hey, I drive a Mustang Gt, own a badass computer with 2G of Kingston HyperX Ram & a 9800XT & a 250g SATA-150 hdd, I got a 40" directview HDTV, 2 stereo systems that sound like a fuckin' dance club they can get so loud, my own house so I don't have to be quiet. So, yeah, I'm old. But I'm still better than you. Now go push your daddy's lovehole & earn your allowance.

Well, Zephalafeic guy, I drive a 2004 Acura MDX, own my own home, have a 36" 4:3 HDTV (Panasonic Tau) for my living room and a 58" Pioneer Elite TV (PRO-630HD, and ISF calibrated to boot) for my media room. I own 2 stereo systems, one of which is north of $12k in value of speakers/components. Marantz SR9300, Paradigm Studio 100's, Studio/CC, Studio/ADPs (side surrounds), Studio 20's (rear surrounds) and 2 SVS subs/with separate 1000 watt amplifier. Oh, and Samsung Sir-310 HD STB, Denon 1600 DVD player, Parasound 1500a amp, Panamax 5100. The 5-disc changer is pretty lousy, though. But, I do have 2 TiVos!

The curtains in my media room are electronically controlled, as are the lights. I can make the room pitch black in the middle of the day.

However, My PC is a 2ghz w/1028 megs and a GeoForce 4600Ti card, so I guess I'm lacking there?

And I WILL pay $50 for a game.

And yes, I'm "old" too, and married w/kids, to boot. It means I probably get laid a lot more than you, too, Mustang-guy.

See, there's always someone with something better out there...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

152. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2004, 23:34 John

I'm waiting for both.

UT2k4 for it's fun and fast MP gameplay and D3 for it's (hopefully) great SP game and 'spookiness'. Bah, couldn't think of a better word for it.

This space is available for rent

151. No subject Mar 10, 2004, 18:58 babar

Hmmm...I might play this....waiting for D3, though.

150. Re: John Mar 9, 2004, 17:30 Tango

Right, now that we know what kind of taste you have, you can stfu.]

149. Re: LFace Mar 9, 2004, 11:12 Gandhi

I'm sure he's busy with his GT, his stereo, and all his other material possessions that he uses to find meaning in his life.

Don't you mean "I'm sure he's busy with his cheap GT, his cheap stereo, and all his other cheap material possessions that he uses to find meaning in his pathetic life." ?

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

148. Re: LFace Mar 9, 2004, 10:16 nin

I'm sure he's busy with his GT, his stereo, and all his other material possessions that he uses to find meaning in his life.

http://www.kmfdm.net/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

147. Re: LFace Mar 9, 2004, 03:55 hebrew_national

I hope he does come back, I hate being the only lamer

146. Re: LFace Mar 9, 2004, 00:15 John

Alright, I think Zeph has had enough now.. unless he comes back and starts something else.

145. Re: LFace Mar 8, 2004, 23:08 Gandhi

I concur w/moog.

I second that .... concurrance

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

144. Re: LFace Mar 8, 2004, 21:04 hebrew_national

I concur w/moog.

143. Re: LFace Mar 8, 2004, 12:19 Moog Operator

Whatever Zeph. You havent played ANY of the games you are talking about. TOuched a cord with that oldyness comment did I? Mustangs are classic prosthetic penis-enhancement devices... WTG with the GT!!!! GT ALL THE WAY!!!! YOU ARE SO COOL!!!!!! I wish I spent my money on a car. Going fast in cars is really important if you want to live a complete life. Plus, HDTV helps, or so normal TV would have me believe.
Whether a game is spammy in your opinion - and thus stupid - has no bearing on the intelligence of those playing the games you can't think fast enough to handle. Dodging spam from 4 directions while carrying a flag and murgdering people at the same time not only takes skill, but is something millions of gamers agree is great entertainment. True stupidity is believing that those who don't share your opinions are stupid for that simple fact.

Liberal (TM) : THE PUNK OF THE 2000s! 99% integrity free! Now with added hypocrisy! PLUS: You choose the shitty music!

STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE, GET OUT OF THAT BED AND GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR, GET OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, RIGHT HERE: GET DOWN ON THE CEMENT, I DONT CARE IF YOU'RE NUDE, GET DOWN ON THE CEMENT, I DON'T CARE IF ITS FREEZING! WHERES THE DRUGS, WE KNOW YOU GOT THE DRU

142. Odd... Mar 8, 2004, 06:59  famished 

Odd that they say it is one of the most downloaded demos, yet just on gamershell alone its waaaaay down in the list, with Far Cry at number 1. Maybe there were more in peer to peer or something?

http://www.gamershell.com/filehell/data/topdownloadsyearly.html

141. Re: John Mar 7, 2004, 18:27 hebrew_national

This is like a luxury car compared to an entry GT. Anyway, it's actually quite a cheap vehicle. I could afford a lot more, but this is the car I liked.

Right, now that we know what kind of taste you have, you can stfu.

140. Re: LFace Mar 6, 2004, 23:55 John

Albeit an extremely polished and entertaining one that is worth well more than the $10 I'm paying for it.

Yeap, that it is. The graphics are real nice as well and it runs 10 times as smooth as the Doom3 beta2 demo did on my machine. I'm sure the full version will be optimized better than the beta (which I believe is actually the alpha with patches), but I still think it won't run much better. I'll wait and see though.. I'm hoping it won't be too bad. Although I plan on upgrading my vid card about the time it is released.

139. Re: John Mar 6, 2004, 20:25 Communist

Even there, I purchased a 9800XT so I get HL2 for free.

Smooth. You pride yourself on getting things cheap and you blow significant cash on a video card that won't even be top of the line when HL2 comes out. People want to buy this game because the height of it's online community will be when it first comes out. It's not like CS, which aged like fine wine and got better as the years went on. This game has an exponential decay, a Half-Life if you will

138. Re: LFace Mar 6, 2004, 19:55 Scottish Martial Arts

It's just a typical run-of-the-mill FPS.

Albeit an extremely polished and entertaining one that is worth well more than the $10 I'm paying for it.

137. Re: LFace Mar 6, 2004, 19:23 Zephalephelah

That was a PERFECT explanation. Very well stated LFace.

It's just a game, it isn't like it's an event like HL2 or Doom3. It's just a typical run-of-the-mill FPS. Nothing new here folks.

136. Re: BF1942 vs Unreal Tournament Grudge Match Mar 6, 2004, 11:26 Rick

Stolk--

I know...hence the smiles. No worries, mate.

-R.

135. Re: 2nd game I have ever pre-ordered Mar 6, 2004, 09:54 LFace

I hated UT2003 with vengeance. It bored the hell out of me and i hated how they ruined the name of UT as i prefered that to Quake 3 by far.

I quite liked the demo of 2004 at first, Onslaught was a good laugh and the vehicles handled pretty well so i pre-ordered 2004 from play.com at a nice cheap price of 18. But i got bored very very quickly and still hated the weapons as much as i did in 2003. They just dont have any "oomph" behind them if you know what i mean. Too flashy and spammy for my liking.

Ive now cancelled the pre-order and pre-ordered Battlefield Vietnam instead. I cant afford both games being dole scum and ive been playing BF1942 since it first came out and i still love it to bits so i thought vietnam might be just as good.

I like twitchy games with Serious Sam FE and SE being amazing games in my book, but UT is now too twitchy and spammy as hell. Slow it down and have weapons that arent fancy light shows and not so spammy and it would be good but as it stands right now its just average and not fit to bear the name "Unreal Tournament"

134. Re: Zeph Mar 6, 2004, 08:39 Gandhi

Yep, I'm arrogant.

Don't forget, you are a dumbass as well ...

153 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo