Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Development & Mods - JA2 Source

Strategy First sends news for Jagged Alliance fans: "Due to the overwhelming response for Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire, to be released in March 2004, SFI has decided to include the source code for JA2 in the Wildfire box. 'The decision was based on the incredible fan support that Wildfire has generated,' says Don McFatridge, President of Strategy First. 'We want to keep the Jagged Alliance community active so releasing the source code that allows the modding community to alter the JA experience to their liking was an obvious decision.' Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire will be available in retail stores in Q1 2004 for $19.99 USD and it will include the original title Jagged Alliance 2. For more information go to www.strategyfirst.com."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Urban Chaos Feb 26, 2004, 00:30 Da Stylin' Rastan

It's funny this comes up, as I am about 80 hours into the Urban Chaos Total Conversion for Jagged Alliance 2 that was released about a month ago. It is an INCREDIBLE TC that has me all into JA2 like I was back when I first played it. It's just too bad these guys didn't have access to the source code while they were developing it, because what they did just by hand-editing config files and replacing objects is amazing. The closest comparison I can make is what Desert Combat did for BF1942, created a whole new spark of gameplay without any engine access.

-DSR <--JA2 Fan for Life!!!!!

If you bite it Ice, who's gonna feed the dog?
-Ice, Jagged Alliance 2

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. No subject Feb 25, 2004, 18:44 space captain

JA3 was a distant murmur on the lips of ex-Sirtech employees... it was mentioned in passing with Wizardry 9..

both of which are probably pipe dreams

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

7. Re: Sweetness Feb 25, 2004, 18:39 Quan

This means only 1 thing:

Multiplayer JA 2.

That is only if some fan decides to add it themselves, which I hope they do.

6. Re: Sweetness Feb 25, 2004, 18:23 Xenos Overdrive

Wasn't JA3 announced to be in developement of a couple of years ago? If I'm right, I was just wondering if anyone heard anything more on that.

All is well, I'm definitely looking forward to playing around with the source with the new Wildfire release.

5. Sweetness Feb 25, 2004, 17:20 Arrendek

I love coding and I love the JA series, this is awesome.

In response to message #2, it says right there in the news post that the game will be $19.99. That's not $40 or $50, so not "full price". It'll definitely be worth it if you are a fan of the series. I picked up JA2 Gold for $4 used at EB. Damn good purchase, even though I've played through the game twice. I'll just give my old copies to friends.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 17:24.

4. Re: Source Code Feb 25, 2004, 13:51 Keilun

Naw it just means that it'll likely be the end of the JA2 engine, ie. no further development on that engine (and could be signs of maybe a JA3 engine in the works... I hope)

3. Source Code Feb 25, 2004, 13:06 Feral

I certainly hope they are not releasing the entire source code to the entire game?!?!? That would certainly kill any new JA game coming out!

2. Re: Good, nay great news! Feb 25, 2004, 11:44 Mr Gar

Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire sounds cool. As long as it's not full price ( I expect a new engine for that) I'll get it. The original kept me going for months.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 11:45.

1. Good, nay great news! Feb 25, 2004, 10:14 Cyclone

Man, Strategy First really is on the pulse of the community!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo