Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry Movie

An official Far Cry "Hammer" trailer is now available, filling in some of the back story for Crytek's upcoming first-person shooter while showing off some more gameplay. The clip is available in a few different sizes and formats on the Game's Official Website, some or all of which are mirrored on FilePlanet (registration required), GamesAgent.net, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot DLX (registration required), Loadedinc, and Worthplaying.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2004, 22:24 nattyd73

Probably both. Who am I kidding? Definitely both (and DIII & HL2 & etc. etc.)

Just saw the FC pre-order on ebgames. anyone have any idea what the "trip planner" CD is?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: *whew* Feb 25, 2004, 01:14 4D-Boxing

EricTheMad Thanks for correcting me on that one!

11. No subject Feb 24, 2004, 22:20 arcear

I wonder what kind of machine it took to run that game so smoothly.  
P4 3.0ghz /w HT
1024 RAM PC 3200
AIW RADEON 9700 PRO

10. . . . . Feb 24, 2004, 22:11 joeslim

nice trailer. I can't wait to see how the game will look at night. I'm thinking islands at night should be interesting.

9. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2004, 21:48 Bucky

Though actually, what would you get, Unreal Tourny 2K4, I love the original UT feeling it brought back. Or Far Cry? Cheers!

I'm having this exact problem. I had forgotten I was in the MP beta until I saw this news item, so I went and downloaded it. Though Far Cry is sweet, it just doesn't have the right 'feel' to me. I'm probably going to wait for a public demo before I make my decision (or I could just buy both, I know)

8. Re: *whew* Feb 24, 2004, 20:27 EricTheMad

25 million wow...I remember when wing commander 4 i think it was made the cover of pc gamer cause it had a 12 million dollar budget making it the most expensive game ever made for it's time. Ah Ginger Ginger Ginger lol!

The $25 million is for the Far Cry movie, not the game. And $12 million is still huge for a game.

I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-O. -- Tealc

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do they all drown? -- Bucky B. Katt

7. No subject Feb 24, 2004, 19:54 Xero

First to say, #2, don't worry about Doom 3, it's going to be sweet in it's own enviroment. 2nd, this trailer is old as hell, I saw it ages ago. Anyways it was nice to see it again, it further inforced of whether or not I should buy it. Though actually, what would you get, Unreal Tourny 2K4, I love the original UT feeling it brought back. Or Far Cry? Cheers!

Pentium 4, 2.6ghz 800Mhz FSB
1024MB PC3200
Geforce 4 Ti4400 128MB DDR
This comment was edited on Feb 24, 21:25.

Currently playing: Skyrim

6. Re: *whew* Feb 24, 2004, 19:53 4D-Boxing

25 million wow...I remember when wing commander 4 i think it was made the cover of pc gamer cause it had a 12 million dollar budget making it the most expensive game ever made for it's time. Ah Ginger Ginger Ginger lol!

5. Re: *whew* Feb 24, 2004, 18:42 Species8472

...only a 25 million dollar budget.

...only... some years ago this would've been a top budget; now thats just low budget... really, where will this end...

--------------------------------------------------
everyone who finds a spelling error can keep it and use it as a base for his own errors

--------------------------------------------------
"...you don't see me - 'cause I don't have much to say..."
http://www.gathering.nl

4. Re: *whew* Feb 24, 2004, 18:24 [AIX]Hood

Too bad it's only a 25 million dollar budget. This game trailer will probably end up having better cinematics.

3. Re: *whew* Feb 24, 2004, 18:19  Blue 

I was about to make some comment about the insanity of purchasing rights to use games for Hollywood movies *before* they were even successful.

So it looks like you want to express your concerns about this story instead:

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=47205

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

2. Good Movie Feb 24, 2004, 18:15 ZigZang

I have to say after playing the single player demo, the multiplayer beta and watching this movie, I am as pumped for this game as any other out there including HL2 and Doom3. The more and more I see of games with expansive and complex terrains such as Far Cry and even HL2 the more worried I am that D3 is going to be a major dissappointment. Go Far Cry!  
ZigZang

1. *whew* Feb 24, 2004, 18:00 Hunterzyph

I was about to make some comment about the insanity of purchasing rights to use games for Hollywood movies *before* they were even successful. (Nedless to say I believe FarCry will be, if only for the Crytek engine and mods).

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo