Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The conclusion of Sex and the City has my mind racing about an HBO series, but it has nothing to do with drinking cosmopolitans. In fact, "When you woke up this morning everything you had was gone. By half past ten your head was going ding-dong. Ringing like a bell from your head down to your toes, like a voice telling you there was something you should know. Last night you were flying but today you're so low - ain't it times like these that make you wonder if you'll ever know the meaning of things as they appear to the others; wives, mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers. Don't you wish you didn't function, wish you didn't think beyond the next paycheck and the next little drink' Well you do so make up your mind to go on, 'cos when you woke up this morning everything you had was gone."

That's right, Sopranos season five starts in a mere two weeks.

Stories of the Day: Power lines spark light show.
Science!: New Clues About the Nature of Dark Energy Einstein May Have Been Right After All.
US military creates second Earth.
Leaked Pentagon report warns climate change may bring famine, war report.
Image of the Day: Immersed in DVD Viewing. Thanks Ant.
Media of the Day: The Zoology Dragon Theme Tune. Thanks Dan Leadbetter.
Follow-up: Can People go to Mars?
Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Power Lines Feb 24, 2004, 08:36 quorn2002

I'm going to go and see the light show as it's just a couple of miles up the road from me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2004, 02:38 Xenos Overdrive

The fact of the matter is no one can predict the future with much accuracy.

Heh, if you went by my parent's and other elder's oppinions, we should have been a dead species a long time ago when Kruschev was still premier of the Soviet Union.

47. No subject Feb 24, 2004, 00:14 Nonicknameforme

If you do get it, let me know.

"I'm too much of a narcisist to really hate stupid people."

46. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2004, 23:32 RazorWynd

You're all terrorists.

go back to gbs

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)

45. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2004, 23:26 ExcessDan

I don't get it

------------
Love,
Mayor Dan
aka Jesus of Bluesnews

ExcessDan

44. No subject Feb 23, 2004, 23:05 Nonicknameforme

You're all terrorists.

43. Re: December 23rd 2012 was pretty close Feb 23, 2004, 22:52 WarPig

IN THE SADDLE!

The only way to go...

Yep.

Come {sp} and go in the same instant.

-------------------------------------------------------
Know thyself... but not too much or you'll go blind.

GO SEAHAWKS!

42. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2004, 22:23 Enahs

Now THAT was funny...(sorry Enahs!)

Don't be, it was funny!

_____
Enahs If you can read this - congratulations - You have won!!! Just e-mail with your CC# to claim your prize!

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

41. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2004, 22:08 nin

step 1> put on vest made of semtex plastic explosive
step 2>electrify a katana(or some other blade) with jumper cables
step 3>commit ritual suicide in the manner of seppuku

Now THAT was funny...(sorry Enahs!)

<nin rereads quote from RW>

Ah-hahahaha...still funny! The mental picture of that is priceless...

http://www.depechemode.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

40. No subject Feb 23, 2004, 21:33 Nonicknameforme

The fact of the matter is no one can predict the future with much accuracy. So if everyone takes the obviously depressed and in denial Halsy, and Enahs up on thier "lets go out in style" additude then humanity would be fucked. But here in reality not everyone has the same view point, in fact very few people would probably agree with those two. So that being considered, why are you trying to convert them and why are they trying to convert me? I say fuck your opinions, because the only persons opinion I care about is my own. With obvious exceptions for the few people I bother to care about. That being said, you think how ever the fuck you want to think, if you want to party away go ahead, your genetic material wasn't good for the survival of the species if its that selfish. Dosen't matter one shit to me if people would rather stockpile goods or have a massive orgy.

I think its quite humerous that so many people care more about subverting others opinions to thier own, than they care about having well thought out and personally fufilling opinions. In otherwords: when the world ends as long as you aren't trying to make me do what YOU feel is best for ME then I wont try and blow your head off with a 12 guage shotgun. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

39. Re: December 23rd 2012 was pretty close Feb 23, 2004, 20:13 The Truth

I agree. Saying "oh... we're screwed so I won't try" or "Well, we are fucked, so I may as well contribute to it" are piss poor attitudes to have.

Youve obviously never read 'The Science of The Discworld'

Big rocks is what its all about at the end of the day.. Big Rocks...

------
Leading the "Support our Arrow keys" movement!

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

38. Re: December 23rd 2012 was pretty close Feb 23, 2004, 20:12 Bronco

I want to go in my sleep, blissfully ignorant...

No freakin way man!

IN THE SADDLE!

The only way to go...

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

Incomplete or illegible submissions will not be processed, honored, acknowledged or returned.

-TPFKAS2S

37. No subject Feb 23, 2004, 19:36 RazorWynd

THE PERFECT DEATH FOR ENAHS

step 1> put on vest made of semtex plastic explosive

step 2>electrify a katana(or some other blade) with jumper cables

step 3>commit ritual suicide in the manner of seppuku

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)
This comment was edited on Feb 23, 19:37.

36. Re: December 23rd 2012 was pretty close Feb 23, 2004, 19:22 nin

um...yeah...ok...

<nin takes a few steps away from Enahs>

I want to go in my sleep, blissfully ignorant...

35. Re: December 23rd 2012 was pretty close Feb 23, 2004, 19:17 Enahs

I'll simply load up a truck with as many party supplies as I can and head on up to the family farm to party my brains out untill the end. It's better to burn out, than to fade away...

I do not know about everyone else, but when I die I want it to be spectacular, and gruesome!
I mean, you only die once, havenít you always wondered would it would feel like to be blown up (or course, my ideal way would be with-out long suffering).
Maybe see what it is like to have your head chopped off, if you really are conscious and aware for a few seconds after. I mean, you only die once, live it up! (if that makes any sense) It sounds kinda sick and demented at first, but when you think about it, it makes perfect sense. But do not get me wrong, I do not want it to happen for a long time!

_____
Enahs If you can read this - congratulations - You have won!!! Just e-mail with your CC# to claim your prize!
This comment was edited on Feb 23, 19:18.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

34. Re: December 23rd 2012 was pretty close Feb 23, 2004, 17:33 Halsy

I rail because it's in my nature. And if I can change one person's perspective I've achieved something that I consider valuable.

Something you'll learn as you get older is that this species is ultimately doomed. On the whole we're simply to atavistic in our avarice. I can bludgeon people over the head with facts and figures and maybe 1 in 1000 will actually give a shit and try to do something. However, on the whole, most of the species simply doesn't care.

None of this is new, it's been coming down the pipe for decades. The information is freely available to those who choose tomake use of it, but most people...don't. Most people choose evil not because they say yes to it, but because they don't say no. It's the path of least resistence. Doing the right thing is costly on all levels, and our species is a fundamently lazy one all in all.

It's called reality, gentlemen. I suggest you take a big whiff of it. Once you actually well and truly grasp it, then you can be honest about how you want to deal with it. if this species doesn't care enough about it's future to make the changes necessary (and they can do it, they simply won't), then I'm not going to sit around crying for them. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of myself till the end, and fuck you and anyone else who can't grasp that.

"An old man walking the beach at dawn noticed a young man ahead of him picking up starfish and flinging them into the sea. Catching up with the youth he asked what he was doing.
"The starfish will die if they are still on the beach when the sun roasts them with its mid-morning heat," came the answer.
"But the beach goes on for miles, and there are millions of starfish," countered the old man. "How can your effort make any difference?"
The young man looked at the starfish in his hand and then threw it to safety in the waves. "It makes a difference to this one," he said."
- Author unknown

"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit."
- W. Somerset Maugham

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

33. No subject Feb 23, 2004, 16:58 space captain

WTF!!!!

"Yes, we would like to see the cold blooded killing of someone and watch every last bit of life slip away - especially the drool and violent convulsions.... but a naked boob?? HELL NO YOU EVIL BASTARD!!"

gotta luv them 'mericans

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

32. No subject Feb 23, 2004, 16:53 nin

Disturbing...(but maybe only to 33% of us)...

http://www.local6.com/news/2867927/detail.html

31. Re: John Titor and our bleak future Feb 23, 2004, 16:49 Toronto Skunk

"On another note, did anyone else read this story a few years back about this guy who predicted that as a planet, it would take a massive global nightmare (I think he predicted that we'd have to have a disaster or war that killed multiples of millions of people) to shake things up and put us on the right path to being a united race again instead of strangers living next to each other?"

O, Ozymandias, where are you now!

30. Re: December 23rd 2012 was pretty close Feb 23, 2004, 16:30 Moog Operator

space captain
I agree. Saying "oh... we're screwed so I won't try" or "Well, we are fucked, so I may as well contribute to it" are piss poor attitudes to have. It is the people who are realistic about the future are prepare provision that will save humans as a race; and these are not the ones predisposed to total greed, especially that which show disregard for your fellow man. I like to look at the washed out, "they'll do something" faces on the train, count 12 of them, and know that those twelve will die so I can live (see: sustainable human life on planet earth).

Halsy: You are the one preaching all liberal; liberty is nothing if you care not to fight for it for all humans, especially over the long term. Giving up on society and "enjoying it while it lasts" to "burn out" at a gay farm party, if that is your real plan, makes you no better than a rich Republican war mongering college student who will never, ever join the army. Towing a liberal party line while living a life wherein you actually do not give a shit what happens to the race in general is teh epitome of hypocritical.

We cannot eat solar panels, nor solar power.
We cannot eat wind power, nor wind turbines.
92% of the world relies on eating oil, via fertilizer, pesticides, transport, and irrigation.
How long until oil is too valuble for farming?
www.dieoff.org

STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE, GET OUT OF THAT BED AND GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR, GET OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, RIGHT HERE: GET DOWN ON THE CEMENT, I DONT CARE IF YOU'RE NUDE, GET DOWN ON THE CEMENT, I DON'T CARE IF ITS FREEZING! WHERES THE DRUGS, WE KNOW YOU GOT THE DRU

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo