Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Lords of the Realm III Patch

A patch (direct link) is now available for Lords of the Realm III, updating Impressions Games' medieval RTS game to version 1.1, in spite of the fact that it has not yet been released. Here's a list of the included fixes in this unusual pre-release update, which include bug fixes and multiplayer lobby enhancements. Update: Without clarifying what it is actually for, Vivendi sends word that this is not an actual patch for the actual game.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2004, 13:24 =TFM=Melvin

ROFLMA

Z says, "fuck you guys are ignorant." and follows that by a short diatribe of how so many people's logic is flawed; making statements that are idealistic and disconnected with reality. Like Teddy says, deal with reality.

Of course, we want bug-free games. But unlike the narrowminded and naive outlook put out by Z, most of us have to live in a world where we must make judgements and trade-offs. Some of the best games have had patches shortly after game release. Call it "rationalization" or whatever, but software is complex and made more so for PC's due the need to support multiple operating systems and varied hardware.

It's fairly amazing that the game is going for only $20 and it is both single and multi-player. I'll have to check-out the reviews once it is released.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2004, 11:36 Teddy

As big as you talk, Z, the only difference between you and them is that you whine when your money is poorly spent rather than take it as a lesson like any adult should.

Everyone knows that games -should- be bug free when they're released and everyone knows the reality of the business is that they aren't. Deal with reality instead of whining and insulting others for doing so.

I love how people talk big on the internet, it's so amusing.

Anyways, this isn't the first game that has had a patch ready for release time. Far from it. The only difference is, this is the first one that I've heard of that released the patch before the game. It's usually customary to wait until the day of release or a day or two after before sending out the patch. Regardless, it's just another game that needs a patch, like every other game out there.

11. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2004, 11:34 PropheT

So buy something else, Z. That's not too hard of a fix for buggy software, is it?

10. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2004, 06:36 Mr Gar

I remember spotting fixes in some ATI driver changelog for the Lords of the Realm 3 beta ages ago. First time Id heard of the game. LOTR 1 was a cool game back in the early 90s so I hope this does turn out ok.

9. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2004, 05:38 Erwie

The game will only cost about $20 so you don't have to pay 50 bucks anyway.

8. No subject Feb 21, 2004, 03:01 Z

fuck you guys are ignorant. By your logic its ok to release a game with errors in the first place, its paethitc cause the game shouldnt have even been released till the errors were fixed, I dont give two shits about what their publishers say or demand from them, i want a game that runs properly i want them to earn the 50 fucking dollers im giving them.
people like you make me sick, you just roll over and accept it, rationalizing it anyway you can. this shouldnt happen and we shouldnt have to spend 50 bucks for a game that isnt complete. idiots

7. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2004, 01:15 aguita

I was hoping that this would be a good game. However, such a low push on advertising has me really worried.

6. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2004, 22:46 =TFM=Melvin

Yeah. That's what I was thinking, Sponge. Some just have to bitch about anything. LOL

Hey. It's still a curious thing, no doubt. I guess they've already burned the CD's, although I thought going Gold meant "ready to burn CD's" and they had not yet gone Gold.

I'm no longer as much a fan of RTS games as I used to be. I actually don't mind turn-based; including multiplayer turn-based. I would have had no problem keeping Lords of the Realm III at turn-based as where I and II.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 22:50.

5. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2004, 21:28 sponge

If they're forced to go gold, and release even though there were bugs, you'd be complaining because there are problems in the game. You simply can't win, can you.

4. No subject Feb 20, 2004, 21:01 Z

great way to get their game off the ground, releasing a patch before its even gone gold....pathetic.

3. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2004, 20:45 Pineapple Ferguson

Interesting way to garner hype for your game.
This is my favorite fix:
"Shields on historaical battle maps more accuretly represent the actual start location of the troops."

Next patch: Numerous typos introduced by applying previous patch fixed.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 20:45.

2. No subject Feb 20, 2004, 20:01 mr.domino

Err I'm lost...

1. No subject Feb 20, 2004, 19:16 D4rkKnight

Has this even gone hold yet?

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo