Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

Thief Movie?

Thief: The Circle (thanks Computer Games Online) mongers the following, apparently from a print issue of PC Gamer:

Eidos is also revving up a possible Thief movie starring Tobey McGuire [of the movie Spiderman]; it's been linked to Mark Gordon, producer of Saving Private Ryan and The Patriot."

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: Tobey McGuire? Feb 20, 2004, 07:11 Guye

Cillian Muphy from 28 Days Later. He's got the lean build for it, and looks like Garrett to boot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. No subject Feb 20, 2004, 01:19 Xenos Overdrive

Bruce Campbell would make a good Garet.

No. I don't care what cult status he has, he's a bad actor. I dare say he's even less optimal for this role than McGuire.

Now, Sean Bean on one hand...you're starting to get into the atmosphere a bit with this guy.

Now, the producer being linked to this...that's quite a flattering statement for the movie, really. Considering we'd at least get a pretty dramatically produced movie.

As for Creston and your comment about the first two Thief games having bad stories...man, to each their own, but that would have to be a pretty strong resentment you have against them.

47. Re: Surprised... Feb 20, 2004, 01:03 Pedle Zelnip

If it had to be live action I think my choice would be Sean Bean. Tough guy with cold eyes.

Mmm, yeah actually that'd be pretty kewl, although every time I see him I always think of the Sharpe series of books-turned-movies.

that noone has even said The Rock as Serious Sam.

Dude, that'd be perfect, it's a role that'd require no acting, just looking bad-ass -- perfect for the Rock.

PZ
------------
Reading: Robert Pirsig's "Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"
Listening To: Nothing in particular

PZ
------------

46. Re: Creston Feb 18, 2004, 22:38 Zephalephelah

"If they're going to make a movie about Thief, they better come up with a bit better plot than the first two games...
And make sure that Harvey Smith is not involved, but I think that goes without saying.
Creston"

WHAT??? If they made a movie of the first thief & did it line by line & scene by scene, I would love it! That game was and still is awesome!

Also, WTF is up with signing your name to every post? Everyone can see it's Creston by simply looking to the right slightly. Sheesh, some people are so full of themselves.

45. Re: Scottish Martial Arts Feb 18, 2004, 22:32 Zephalephelah

"Ah, they'd probably just dumb the movie down for the XBox crowd..."
"My vote for stupidest comment of the day."

HAHAHAHA!!!! This moron owns an Xbox! LOL!!!!

44. Re: Bale Feb 17, 2004, 12:31 Taulin

Tom Beringer(sp) (Platoon), was originally cast for Doom. That Doom movie news was back in 94.

43. Bale Feb 17, 2004, 04:15 Petra

Christian. My first choice.

42. *snaps his fingers* Feb 17, 2004, 03:29 Hunterzyph

Well damn, Bruce Campbell is too old =(

41. Re: Tobey McGuire? Feb 16, 2004, 23:32 JediPunisher

Bruce Campbell would make a good Garet.

While I agree, Bruce has already played a similar character on Xena. Besides, he'll be busy playing Ash, his groovy Evil Dead character, in Phantasm V

Actually, I think Tobey makes a better Thief than he does a SpiderMan.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 23:34.

40. Re: Tobey McGuire? Feb 16, 2004, 22:11 Furious

True, but when you first see him as Strider... Dead ringer for Garet.

Totally agree. If they can get that 'feel', like Strider in the Pub with his cloak, then it'll look kick arse.

39. Re: Tobey McGuire? Feb 16, 2004, 22:05 Karnisov

The main cast of LOTR were not good actors, with the exception of Gandalf. Bruce Campbell would make a good Garet.  
"Think for yourself. Question authority."
-- Timothy Leary

38. Re: Tobey McGuire? Feb 16, 2004, 21:51 Tony!!!

True, but when you first see him as Strider... Dead ringer for Garet.

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

37. Re: Tobey McGuire? Feb 16, 2004, 21:31 Furious

Who would be good for the role would be Viggo Mortenson. The guy who played Arigorn in LOTR.

No... because he would seem to much like Arigorn.... again.

36. Re: Tobey McGuire? Feb 16, 2004, 21:19 Tony!!!

Who would be good for the role would be Viggo Mortenson. The guy who played Arigorn in LOTR. Yes? No?

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)

35. Re: Tobey McGuire? Feb 16, 2004, 21:17 Tony!!!

Sinner's Saint.

The sinners of homosexuality rejoice at your arrival like an angel from above. He spreds his cheecks and the angels sing a hymn, They line up like at a buffet line, lubeless. Oh praise ye! You ARE the Sinners Saint!!!

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)

34. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2004, 20:14 TheFragMan

Obviously you havenlt seen the superb Super Mario Brothers!

That's hilarious, I just got an urge to see that again the other day, so I had to go rent it. I thought it was great, in a horribly cheesy way!

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 20:16.

- Frag

33. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2004, 19:24 PHJF

Great games to movies?

Obviously you havenlt seen the superb Super Mario Brothers!

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

32. Surprised... Feb 16, 2004, 19:22 The Half Elf

that noone has even said The Rock as Serious Sam.

Besides Howie Long for Duke there is no better matchup for these characters.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

31. No subject Feb 16, 2004, 19:21 Rictor

No no no. You need someone who can actually act.

My pick would be Val Kilmer or James Franco. They've eached played a whole slew of "dark" characters, and they both look the part. What is it with these Hollywood fuckers, picking THE single worst person to play the part. Though admitedly, I've never played the first 2 Thief games. I intend to play Thief 3 though.

And get whoever directed Brotherhood of the Wolf to direct it. Hell, get the whole crew onboard. Effects, cinematography, costumes, it was all amazing.

Tell me that "style" wouldn't be perfect for Theif. C'mon tell me.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 19:25.

30. Re: Tobey McGuire? Feb 16, 2004, 19:12 Scottish Martial Arts

Thief would make a good animated feature if they used a non-traditional dark & gritty animation technique.

I had in mind something along the lines of the cutscene where Garret loses his eye.

Off the top of my head, I see an actor like Clive Owen being a better fit.

If it had to be live action I think my choice would be Sean Bean. Tough guy with cold eyes.

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo