Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Universal Combat Demo

The demo version of Universal Combat is now available, allowing the chance to check out the space simulator known as Battlecruiser Generations during much of its development. The 303 MB demo featuring five scenarios can be found on 3D Gamers, ActionTrip, Adrenaline Vault, FileFront, FileShack (registration required), and Worthplaying.

View
54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

54. Quick Question? Feb 11, 2004, 22:06 Tigger

Just how do you change the control layout?

--
Tigger
"It's not the years, it's the mileage" ~Indiana Jones

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

53. Re: didnt even get it installed Feb 11, 2004, 21:21 Tigger

Each of my drives has 3 GIGABIT of space avaliable at the LEAST... one has 40 GIGABIT free!!!

By your account, then you have about 380MB free on one drive(3gigaBITS = 384 megaBYTES)
http://www.edoceo.com/utilis/bandwidth-calculator.php?from_bw=3+Gb&cmd=Calculate

and about 5 GigaBYTES free on the other
(40gigaBITS = 5 gigaBYTES)
http://www.edoceo.com/utilis/bandwidth-calculator.php?from_bw=40+Gb&cmd=Calculate

If you're going to complain, at least get your terms right!

--
Tigger
This comment was edited on Feb 11, 21:21.

--
Tigger

52. Re: didnt even get it installed Feb 11, 2004, 17:12 Tigger

People that come out to take pot shots are not “real” BluesNews posters, just the average internet callers.

Nah, they're just trolls.

--
Tigger

--
Tigger

51. Re: didnt even get it installed Feb 11, 2004, 15:40 Enahs

not all of the Blues crowd are contrarians.

You might notice most threads are not as busy as this. People come out of the woodwork to take easy shots, but since they cannot use a freakin period, we regulars ignore them, no point arguing with stupidity. However, we will defend our name to someone that categorizes the entire BlueNews forum poster in a derogatory manner, if that said person seems to have even the smallest degree of intelligence. People that come out to take pot shots are not “real” BluesNews posters, just the average internet callers.

_____
Enahs If you can read this - congratulations - You have won!!! Just e-mail with your CC# to claim your prize!

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

50. Pixel and vertex shaders Feb 11, 2004, 14:46 Siebharinn

Is there a mission, or a mode, or a something, that shows the shaders actually being used? The graphics are pretty uninspiring. Which is ok, except the game requires the very latest version of DirectX and a hefty video card, and the graphics (at least what I've seen of them) don't justify those requirements.

49. Re: didnt even get it installed Feb 11, 2004, 13:18 Biznatchio

Fair enough Enahs, you have shown yourself to have some class, I can respect that. But you miss my point entirely, sure some people may have reasons to bash a game, but does it need to be done over and over and over?. Nah.

As for calling these folks lemmings, ok maybe they're not all lemmings, but a lot of what I read here smacks of uninformed "me-too " opinions. If someone bases their entire opinion of a game on hearsay or 10 minutes of gameplay then they really aren't contributing anything worthwhile to an already tired argument.

Good day to you sir, and thanks for showing me that not all of the Blues crowd are contrarians.

48. Re: didnt even get it installed Feb 11, 2004, 13:05 Enahs

What's your personal experience with Derek and his games?...have any?

As I have said before, I always keep an open mind to his games, and have many times asked other people to stop the bashing till they play the game. And I also have asked people play the game and try to like it, not play it to prove it sucks.
I simply think they suck, and I have always been able to give tangible reasons why I think a game sucks (not just Mr. Smart’s games). Quite often I like games most others do not; this is just not the case (big deal). I have not started an attack on anyone for liking a game I do not, unlike you (and like you point out so many other morons).

But people were expressing opinions about a game, and the person who created it. You had a difference of opinion, and instead of expressing that opinion you decided to ridicule people with different opinion than yours.

I could care less if you like the game, if you do GREAT! It did not cost you much and you have something you can enjoy, one hell of a deal of you ask me! But when you only come by to insult people that do not like Mr. Smart and or his games (for valid or invalid reasons) you are voluntarily being his “ass monkey”, and being an ass your self.

what does all the needless bashing from the other posters say about them? Immature malcontents with nothing better to do, that's what.
Yes, yes it does. But not everyone who dislikes this game and bashes it is doing it for fun, but has reasons. Respect other people’s opinions (the ones that are being serious and not just fing around, ignore the idiots) and people can respect your opinion.

Thanks for straightening me out Enahs. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't helped me to see the light.

You are welcome, glad I could help!

Take care,

_____
Enahs If you can read this - congratulations - You have won!!! Just e-mail with your CC# to claim your prize!

- W. C. Fields

47. Re: Feb 11, 2004, 12:40 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

So then, from the majority of descriptions and statements here... it's BC3000AD. Again.

It _still_ features:

Shit collision,
Shit graphics,
Shit sound,
Shit GUI,
OTT complexity without need,
Mistakes a' plenty,
And poor implementation with feature creep up the wazoo.

That pretty much sums it up. It felt like 1997 all over again when I fired up that demo.

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

46. Wow Feb 11, 2004, 12:28 Biznatchio

Thanks for straightening me out Enahs. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't helped me to see the light.

I guess despite the fact that I've played the BC series and UC and enjoyed them, I must have somehow overlooked all the glaring bugs and shitty gameplay so many people are commenting about. Maybe I was too busy having fun, I don't know.

So my support for the game makes me an ass kisser, what does all the needless bashing from the other posters say about them? Immature malcontents with nothing better to do, that's what.

What's your personal experience with Derek and his games?...have any? Or are you just like the rest of the mindless dweebs that are on the bandwagon simply to appear like you're 'with-it'.

45. Re: didnt even get it installed Feb 11, 2004, 12:00 Enahs

(if that makes me Dereks ass monkey, then it's not by choice I assure you)

Of all the 3 post you have made here is BluesNews, all 3 have been defending Mr. Smart.
Defending him is fine, you made some good points, and I for one have always made fun of Derek, but also stated that I hope the games turn out good (which sadly they never do).

However, to address the quoted comment, when the only reason you come out to play is to defend Mr. Smart, then yes you are voluntarily choosing to be his ass monkey. Hell, I have half a mind to call you Mr. Smart in drag defending your own self (and this accusation would be justifiable) but I will not. Simply, you are Mr. Smart’s ass monkey—no matter who you really are—by choice.

_____

- W. C. Fields

44. Re: didnt even get it installed Feb 11, 2004, 10:38 Biznatchio

Why is anyone who likes BC/UC considered a DS fanboy?

Here's the deal, if I played BC or UC and didn't like it, then I wouldn't play it anymore. There's no need to talk shit about the developer. There have been MANY games over the years which everyone raved about but I thought sucked and I never once went about bashing it and anyone else who liked it.

So I play BC/UC and I happen to find hours and hours of gameplay there (if that makes me Dereks ass monkey, then it's not by choice I assure you)...call me what you want but at least I'm speaking from experience and not simply spewing uninformed shit to be considered 'cool'.

43. ROFL Feb 11, 2004, 10:32 Grounded

"You didn't mention the splash screen that says Battlecruiser Millenium on it."

Derek Smart, you are a joke

42. Re: didnt even get it installed Feb 11, 2004, 10:26 Sty

LOL One of Derek's faithful ass monkeys calling everyone else a Lemming. That's rich.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

41. Re: didnt even get it installed Feb 11, 2004, 10:12 Biznatchio

What a bunch of lemmings. Some of the descriptions of the demo I've read only prove to me that those folks haven't even tried to play the game. Menus popping up for no reason? Ha! You aren't playing UC, that's for sure.

For the record I've had the full game for a few days now, runs great for me and it's a great game.

It's not everyone's cup of tea for sure. It requires patience and an aptitude to learn more than 5 key combos and a fire button. Perhaps some of you should stick to Dance, Dance Revolution. You know, something more in keeping with your attention spans and capacity to learn.

40. didnt even get it installed Feb 11, 2004, 10:03 Outlaw Josey Wales

Thats how bad of suckatude this game has. I downloaded it, tried to install it and it kept saying that I didnt have enough space to install it to the drive I wanted to. Each of my drives has 3 GIGABIT of space avaliable at the LEAST... one has 40 GIGABIT free!!! Damn install program kept saying that I didnt have enough... Craptasicular Extrodinar!

Please do not kick the Thermal Detonator.

“How about a nap, a bath and sex with a unfamiliar woman?”
—Cy Tolliver to Andy Cramed

39. No subject Feb 11, 2004, 10:02 space captain

will derek dare show his face to defend his personal shit pile? thank god no... he now has to prove it IS NOT a complete shit pile in court!! good luck on that! ha

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

38. Am I? Feb 11, 2004, 10:00 z0dd

You guys are killing me. Lol!

I must either be a sadist or a masochist, as I'm begining to experience as much enjoyment out of reading negative reviews (forums, magazines, etc.) as I do from playing/reading about good games!

I somehow feel compelled to buy these flamed games just so I can participate in in the forum fires.

Have I become the (pinnacle) jaded gamer?

37. Re: Feb 11, 2004, 09:48 MyRealName

So then, from the majority of descriptions and statements here... it's BC3000AD. Again.

It _still_ features:

Shit collision,
Shit graphics,
Shit sound,
Shit GUI,
OTT complexity without need,
Mistakes a' plenty,
And poor implementation with feature creep up the wazoo.

36. Re: Yay? Feb 11, 2004, 09:15 nin

I wonder if you have even trie the game yet?

No, my time's more valuable to me than that...I bought one of Derek's bargain-bin games a few years ago - why would I give him more money, when the last one didn't live up to what it was supposed to?

If you buy a sandwich from someone, and it's filled with feces, would you buy another sandwich from the same person again, even if they promised it didn't have feces this time?

Enjoy your $20 game...my $20 went towards Silent Storm, and it's far better spent.

http://www.sistermachinegun.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

35. wow Feb 11, 2004, 08:58 Yutz

even with the low expectactions set ehre this thing really sucked. The clipping is horrible the sounds are so poor and things just jerk around on your screen and you tend to just appear in different places all the time and move by yourself. I'm sure if you put some time in it you might be able to figure out what the point of the game was and maybe even how to exit without the three finger salute but wasn't the point of a game to have fun?

Edit: and no uninstall in the menu, bahahahah, he musta known!

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 09:00.

54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo