Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blitzkrieg: Burning Horizon Announced

CDV Software Entertainment has the announcement of the first planned add-on for Blitzkrieg, the World War II RTS game (thanks Frans). The page has a bunch of screenshots, and word on the planned new content:

The official add-on Blitzkrieg: Burning Horizon, throws you in even more dramatic battles of WWII. Burning Horizon offers a huge 18-missions-campaign around General Rommel, giving you the opportunity to play famous battles like Ardennes, Tripolis, Tobruk, El Alamein, Sicily and, of course, Normandy. Furthermore, the add-on contains 8 single missions, with an entire new nation at war: Japan.

50 new units like Zero fighters and Blenheim bombers, the M5 Stuart and many specialized German tanks, US Marines and Afrika Korps units fill the strategy package. Burning Horizon gives the parties a better AI: the enemy seeks weak spots in your lines, clears minefields, handles his air force cleverly. The mission objectives offer a wide range, e.g. airborne assaults, evacuations, covert ops, defense manoeuvres, counter attacks or assassinations.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: hmm Feb 10, 2004, 16:38 Chewtobacco

well when you invoke generals like Rommel you better bring the goods...Real time strategy is usually low on strategy and high on real time...im sure Rommel may have been very good on the "Tank Rush" //end sarcasm

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 16:40.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: hmm Feb 10, 2004, 15:20 Syntarsus

Is it any better than Rise of Nations?

Totally different type of RTS. Blitzkreig is much more comparable to Sudden Strike.

5. Re: hmm Feb 10, 2004, 15:00 John

Is it any better than Rise of Nations? I enjoyed RoN, but never got into this game.

Just looking at the screenshots reminds me of RoN.

This space is available for rent

4. No subject Feb 10, 2004, 14:42 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

Some of the missions were insanely frustrating. I eventually gave up on the game and laid it to rest on my shelf.

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

3. Re: hmm Feb 10, 2004, 14:27 Sty

I thought it was pretty good. The armor vs. armor was spot on with trajectory and penetration being calculated. The infantry was lacking a bit and I think the only thing that the game really needed was an AI boost. Was still heads above Sudden Strike, but the Close Combat series will always sit as king in my book.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

2. Re: hmm Feb 10, 2004, 12:39 Rico

Yes, now you go and make a good WWII RTS and we'll review it.

1. hmm Feb 10, 2004, 12:03 Grounded

Am I the only one that thought this game sucked?

Man the infantry....what a joke!

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo