Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

English Chicago 1930 Demo

Following up on the German demo (story), the English version of the Chicago 1930 demo is now available, offering a sample of Spellbound's gangster game where the residents of Chicago actually speak English (or the American equivalent). The 138 MB demo was released on Tiscali Games, and is mirrored on Adrenaline Vault, Boomtown (registration required), FileFront, GameCenter.cz, and Worthplaying.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: . . . . Jan 21, 2004, 23:26 Jim

Are you sure it was Mafia and not Gangsters?

After searching the 3dgamers.com archives, I have found it. Apparently what I remember of the game wasn't the full story- perhaps a tribute to my earlier comment about the game being very difficult to play and I never even completed the demo. It was a game called "Nocturne" going back to 1999 (remember those days?)

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/nocturne/

It starts off with mafia themes, but it was really a horror game. The Chicago 1930's theme was what stood out in my mind because that's the only part I remember playing in the demo.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 23:26.

Jim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: . . . . Jan 21, 2004, 18:35 Cynic9

Are you sure it was Mafia and not Gangsters?

Gangsters (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/gangsters/index.html) is much closer to the 3 or 4 year ago timeframe. Mafia (great game by the way) came out about a year ago.

6. Re: . . . . Jan 21, 2004, 17:52 Rigs

I seem to recall about 3 or 4 years ago a similarly themed, similarly titled (can't remember exact title) game, having to do with mobsters in Chicago in 1930

Yes, we calls this mythical game, Mafia...

I'm getting kinda burnt out on Mafia/Gansta type games...GTA-VC will do that to ya...On the other hand, anymore WW2 themed titles in the works? I'm all for it...

=-Rigs-=

'I wanna heal, I wanna feel like Iím close to something real. I wanna find something Iíve wanted all along...Somewhere I belong...'

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

5. Re: . . . . Jan 21, 2004, 17:38 Jim

Yeah, don't bother with it. Low budget. Nothing entertaining about it.

I seem to recall about 3 or 4 years ago a similarly themed, similarly titled (can't remember exact title) game, having to do with mobsters in Chicago in 1930, and I do recall it being approximately a 130MB download, which was a whopper in those days. It was a decent game with good graphics and sound, but the 3rd person view with constantly changing camera angles as you walked around made it almost impossible to play- you'd always be shooting at the walls 20 feet away from the bad guys.

Is this game anything like that one (or a re-hash)?

Edit: too many edits- Blue, I need a grammar check option
This comment was edited on Jan 21, 17:41.

Jim

4. Re: . . . . Jan 21, 2004, 15:54 Halsy

Yeah, don't bother with it. Low budget. Nothing entertaining about it.

"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit."
- W. Somerset Maugham

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

3. Re: . . . . Jan 21, 2004, 13:55 Zyrxil

The German version got scores like 2/10 pretty much everywhere. I don't see how the English version could be much different...

2. . . . . Jan 21, 2004, 13:51 joeslim

I quit the German demo cuz I couldn't read anything. Will try this later on. kudos

1. Sweet Jan 21, 2004, 13:24 Halsy

I've been fairly curious about this game. DL'ing now.

"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit."
- W. Somerset Maugham

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 13:24.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo