Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy birthday to stalwart Blue's News supporter Ant, who turns 28 today!!

Play Time: Mars Patrol. Thanks yonderboy.
Stories of the Day: Consternation Over Aviation Urination (registration required).
Who Was That Food Stylist? Film Credits Roll On (registration required).
Tacoma ranks as most stressful U.S. city.
Science!: Dieters give 'designer eggs' a break.
Seeking Harmony in a Final Return to the Land (registration required).
Move to Ban Altered Crops Is Focused on California (registration required).
Image of the Day: limecat.
Auction of the Day: All Esc key keyboard. IBM, PS-2. Esc! Esc! Thanks ztdavis.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

47. Re: E-A-G-L-E-S Jan 12, 2004, 21:52 WarPig

I'd take the loss of Griese and accept Fouts before Tarkington.

I was a big Tarkington fan, he did more with less physical talent than just about anyone. It is hard to look past how he has made himself into such a buffoon though.

I do like Simms, he would go with some others that would be just outside the top ten along with guys like Stabler and Moon. In a few more years Manning will be there too.

-----------------------------------------
And remember, this is only my opinion - anyone who disagrees with it has every right to be wrong.
This comment was edited on Jan 12, 21:54.

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: E-A-G-L-E-S Jan 12, 2004, 20:59 Bronco

Your list is pretty good, but I would throw out Griese and Simms for Tarkington and Favre.

I'd take the loss of Griese and accept Fouts before Tarkington.

Favre is a great QB. Hall of famer for sure. I just can't get over his INTs. I know it's a testament to his confidence in his own abilities. There is something to be said about knowing your limits.

Getting back to Simms. The guy gets no credit. He really was an awesome QB. Take a look at his stats. You'll see!

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.org

-TPFKAS2S

45. Re: E-A-G-L-E-S Jan 12, 2004, 19:43 WarPig

Who are your top ten?

Well, limiting this to guys I saw play, and yes, I think I remember seeing Unitas as a Charger when I was a young'un. Your list is pretty good, but I would throw out Griese and Simms for Tarkington and Favre. I might also have to make room for Fouts somewhere too.

If I was including old timers I would have to have Otto Graham in there. After he died I read some things about him and he was something like 115 - 18 as a starter. I'm not sure if that's exactly right but it's close. Pretty amazing.

And remember, this is only my opinion - anyone who disagrees with it has every right to be wrong.

GO SEAHAWKS!

44. Re: registration required Jan 12, 2004, 13:30 It is My Name

Doh, How did I miss that thread?

43. Re: registration required Jan 12, 2004, 12:12 Jim

thanks Bronco, that did the trick!

Jim

42. Re: E-A-G-L-E-S Jan 12, 2004, 10:40 Bronco

Griese? I know I'm in the minority on this one but I don't even think he belongs in the Hall of Fame.

I thought I'd get picked on for Sims.

Who are your top ten?

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

41. Re: E-A-G-L-E-S Jan 12, 2004, 09:33 WarPig

Young
Simms
Staubach
Griese
Kelly

Griese? I know I'm in the minority on this one but I don't even think he belongs in the Hall of Fame.

GO SEAHAWKS!

40. Re: E-A-G-L-E-S Jan 12, 2004, 08:55 Devster

Sherman’s decision to punt on that fourth and one and the goal line stand by the Eagles were the deciding moments of that game IMO.

Was it an Eagle's goal line stand or a Packers goal line trip? I gotta go back to the 4th and 26 as the key play - the punt I could handle, since the D seemed to be holding up ok.

I think the Eagles will beat the Panthers next week and then go down to either the Colts or the Pats.

Eagles/Colts, with a Colts win. I'm looking forward to the AFC game more than the NFC one though - The preparation of Belichek's Bolstered Defense vs. the Audible Madness of Manning. The NFC game won't be as exciting, I don't think - I can't see Carolina shocking two teams. I gotta say, Fox has to be coach of the last two years though. Going from 1-15 two years ago to the NFC Champ game this year is (IMHO) far more impressive than Parcells turnaround or pretty much any other coaching job I can think of offhand.

If you do not understand, or cannot read, all directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

39. Re: E-A-G-L-E-S Jan 12, 2004, 08:46 Bronco

Ouch, I hate to admit but Farve really did give the game away. That was one of the bigger boneheaded plays I've seen in a long while, and certainly that much larger given the importance of the game.

People seem willing to cut Favre a break with his tendencies to throw it up for grabs. He has a history of doing this. He threw several picks in their loss to the Falcons last year and the Rams the year before that. Favre will take off his uniform and walk right into Canton, no doubt about that. However, in my mind that wild tendency will keep him out of my top 10 quarterbacks of all time.

Montanna
Elway
Marino
Bradshaw
Unitas

Are my top five off the top of my head. The next five in no particular order:

Young
Simms
Staubach
Griese
Kelly

Despite that bad decision he didn't lose that game. Sherman’s decision to punt on that fourth and one and the goal line stand by the Eagles were the deciding moments of that game IMO.

I think the Eagles will beat the Panthers next week and then go down to either the Colts or the Pats. They are sooo depleted on the defensive line they won't be able to stand up to either of those offenses. Too bad, if they were healthy I think they would have a serious chance of winning their first championship in over 40 years.

-TPFKAS2S

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 08:52.

-TPFKAS2S

38. Re: E-A-G-L-E-S Jan 12, 2004, 06:53 Devster

Anyway, the game shouldn't have even gone into overtime - 4th and 26, ouch.
Exactly. That killed 'em. The lob that was intercepted was certainly the other bad bad play, but both sides of the ball should feel a bit guilty. On the other hand, it was a good game, and I was surprised how superb McNabb performed in comparison to the rest of the Eagles - he gave the appearance of being their run game, and the pack didn't stop him - even when the same "down the middle" route kept opening for him to scoot through.

Oh well, Eagles are my 2nd favorite NFC team, so I gotta root for them from now on - rather get put out of the playoffs by the team that wins the Superbowl than by just some other team that loses.

Don't call me Joe90.
Psst: Dan = Fred/fiddlestix. Pass it on.

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

37. Re: Too cool Jan 12, 2004, 06:40 ExcessDan

One word Dan: Xbox! Though the sounds of the Packer game upstairs are drowning out my Cleric's sounds of whoopass in D&D: Heroes.

fuck xboxm i have a PC already
anyways, when I'm sick i usually am to nauseous to play games

------------
Love,
Mayor Dan

ExcessDan

36. No subject Jan 12, 2004, 06:21 It is My Name

Anyone here have an latimes registration i can use? The Form refuses to work for me.

35. Re: E-A-G-L-E-S Jan 11, 2004, 23:11 WarPig

Ouch, I hate to admit but Farve really did give the game away. That was one of the bigger boneheaded plays I've seen in a long while, and certainly that much larger given the importance of the game.

I don't know, ever since that Monday night game against the Raiders Favre has been making a living off heaving balls into double and triple coverage and letting his receivers bail him out - and it's been working. Hell, the long ball that Walker caught earlier in the game wasn't a smart pass and without it the Pack wouldn't have scored their last field goal. The only difference was that this time the receiver cut his rout off in response to the blitz and wasn't there. Anyway, the game shouldn't have even gone into overtime - 4th and 26, ouch.

Either way, the Pack had a great year.

GO SEAHAWKS!

34. Re: E-A-G-L-E-S Jan 11, 2004, 22:42 Halsy

Ouch, I hate to admit but Farve really did give the game away. That was one of the bigger boneheaded plays I've seen in a long while, and certainly that much larger given the importance of the game. Given how the Pack came out of the gate with that first monsorous TD I thought it was a mortal lock. The shame of it was they could have really played conservative an in the last half of the 4th quater and won it. That TD they blew hurt as well. McNabb played pretty well too, although he'll need to step it up a notch next week. Ahh well, next year is the year!

All in all this has been some exciting playoff football, lots of great plays, and tension with the all the OT. Seeing that GB is out I'd like to see the Colts take the prize. It's funny, I love Boston in all things except football. Not that I dislike the Pats mind you, I just like the Colts better.

"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit."
- W. Somerset Maugham

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

33. Re: Thanks everyone! Jan 11, 2004, 22:22 nin

However, there are ant experts (myrmecologists) who hang out on my message board.

Hmmm...that's cool. Might have to check that out...

edit: Anyone else catch that small Sopranos preview after Curb? Man...c'mon March!

http://www.thecrystalmethod.com/
This comment was edited on Jan 11, 22:23.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

32. No subject Jan 11, 2004, 22:10 RazorWynd

fire lasers

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

http://www.firingsquad.com

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

31. Re: Thanks everyone! Jan 11, 2004, 21:16 Ant

Bronco: I am actually not an ant expert. However, there are ant experts (myrmecologists) who hang out on my message board.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

30. Re: registration required Jan 11, 2004, 21:13 Enahs

Are you going to keep posting that until someone from here bids on it?
For real, he created an account just to post here about it!

_____
Enahs
http://www.petitiononline.com/Grammar/

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

29. E-A-G-L-E-S Jan 11, 2004, 20:48 Sasquach

So anyone else watch the game? I would like to thank Bret Farve for his BONEHEADED lob down the field in OT.

In all, that Pack did play a very good game but....in the end, it's the score that counts.

Next Victim: Carolina

--------------------------------------------------
Kiss my shiny metal ass

28. Re: registration required Jan 11, 2004, 20:37 Bronco

Another auction to look at. This guy has found ebay users that have sold 100,000 plus items. Crazy.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=223&item=3579641922

Are you going to keep posting that until someone from here bids on it?

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo