Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NFS: Underground Patch

A new Need for Speed Underground patch is now available. As usual, no details about what this addresses are provided. Thanks Frans.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Page lockups? Jan 9, 2004, 05:44 Armengar

I love these car war threads. with a my $30,000 lump of american turd will beat your $30,000 worth of Japanese tripe.

Well My ZX13R will beat you all. And in the Bends. And it only cost $4000. But it wont do 200 mph (only 199 apparently)

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. This game Jan 9, 2004, 02:47 indiv

The only complaint I have about NFS: Underground is that when you reverse at the starting line instead of going forward, you still can't run over the crowd of ugly people that have gathered around you.

Other than that, the game's great.

21. Re: Bingo Jan 8, 2004, 17:13 Bingo

Turn off "Light Trails" and the motion blur will function properly...

Thanks, that did the trick.

20. Update Jan 8, 2004, 17:02 MajorGeeks

Says version 1.30, plays fine.  
http://www.majorgeeks.com

19. Is This Official? Jan 8, 2004, 16:45 MajorGeeks

An rtp file that you download from EA, then rename and patch the game with a patcher from what looks like a game crackinggroup called Deviance? Makes me a bit nervous, EA usually does one simple self extracting executable. Welp, I will run the game now and hope it works...  
http://www.majorgeeks.com

18. Re: No subject Jan 8, 2004, 15:52 Killian

"And then you get to keep your points even if you lose a race, so eventually you unlock enough stuff that you can upgrade your car to go fast enough to win the race anyway"

The points you get to keep are the "style points" they unlock new "vinals" (stickers) for the car... which have no effect on you car save for it's look.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the info on how to use the RTP files. That'll come in handy.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 15:54.

17. Re: Bingo Jan 8, 2004, 15:46 sc4r4b

Turn off "Light Trails" and the motion blur will function properly...

the best part about life is knowing you put it together

16. No subject Jan 8, 2004, 15:02 ildon

This game is funny. The more horrendous you make your car look the more points you get!@%@ And then you get to keep your points even if you lose a race, so eventually you unlock enough stuff that you can upgrade your car to go fast enough to win the race anyway. Ah well it's something to do.

15. How to patch using the RTP Jan 8, 2004, 14:17 Cyfun

Copy and pasted from www.nfs-palyers.de:

1. Download patch here directly from EA FTP
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfs-underground/pc/
2. Download the RTP Patcher from ftp://ftp.gamesurf.de/pub/pc/rennspiel/need_for_speed_7/patches/dev-rtp.zip
3. Extract dev-rtp.exe with WinZip.
4. Copy both dev-rtp.exe and the RTP file into NfS:U directory
5. Rename NFSU_xxx_PATCH_3.RTP to NFSU.RTP
6. Start dev-rtp.exe, click patch, and your game is patched!
This comment was edited on Jan 8, 14:20.

14. Here's the FTP Link... but... Jan 8, 2004, 14:03 Killian

ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfs-underground/pc/en-us/

They're .rtp files... anyone know what to do with those?

Edit: Bugger, looking at them, the last one was posted 12/22/03 so it may not be the latest patch. (at work, can't check)

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 14:05.

13. Re: No details Jan 8, 2004, 13:52 Bingo

Well anyway, their patching system never worked for me. Since they adopted this automated patching system, I was never ever able to patch a NFS game again. Currently, I could apply this patch a hundred times, the website would still tell me there's a patch available, yet it tells me the patching process ran succesfully. I'm still at version 1.3.0 (to those who had a succesfull patch, what's the correct version?)

12. Re: No details Jan 8, 2004, 13:47 4D-Boxing

YEah yeah they had a patch for HP2 but almost nobody installed it! When i installed the hp2 patch i had nobody to race against in the game menu, probably cause most players loved to use the cheats and same i going to happen with this game. I used to love racing game like these but it's usless to play online.

I used to buy all the NFs games but HP2 cheat fisco just made me never whant to buy another nfs game.

11. Blur Jan 8, 2004, 13:38 Bingo

Does it fix the bluring effect? In the demo, using NOS gave that cool blurring effect, now with the full game, the screen turns black. At that speed, I'd like to know where I'm going...
I had to disable it, but I thought it was cool so I'd like it working properly...

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 13:38.

10. Re: No details Jan 8, 2004, 13:19 JM

Any chance this fixes the random screen corruption that sometimes happens between races?

9. Re: Page lockups? Jan 8, 2004, 12:24 eunichron

I agree with Beamer. I cannot stand ricers, but the game is just plain fun. One of the best NFS games I've ever played. There's just something gratifying in getting a Dodge Neon to go 155 mph :).

8. Re: Page lockups? Jan 8, 2004, 12:05 Sugarman

I hope you're joking about the camaro and trans am thing, the LS1 equipped cars run the 1/4 mile in the mid to low 13 second range "doesn't sound too slow to me". As for the V6 equipped ones, yes they have ugly wheels and they are pretty slow. I'm not down with the rice but I would imagine a civic would be lucky to finish a 1/4 mile in under 16 seconds, most higher end family cars will do that.

7. Re: No details Jan 8, 2004, 12:00 Raven

Fix UG Mode Completion, players can now change cars in UG mode once completed (allowing cars with TJ parts to be changed post completion)
- Fix many cheats/trainers
- Improved cheat detection functionality
- Fixes to rep points lost using NOS In bad latency situations
- Fixed some hardware issues
- Scenery Deinstancing - will help increase framerate
- Issue with black screen instead of movies in min. install if the user removes CD before movie starts playing
- Issue with micropauses on machines with low physical memory
- Issue where sometimes the game hangs if the CD is removed from Cdrom when going in/out of the game/FE.
- PC Registration - Server error after completing the survey.
- Various stability fixes for the game
- Windows Me Autodial on Startup
- Reverse / Distorted Manufacturer Vinyls On Golf And Lancer
- Graphical Corruption Using The Rear View Mirror

6. Re: Page lockups? Jan 8, 2004, 11:52 Beamer

Why on Earth anyone would want to drive a Trans Am or Camaro is beyond me.

I mean, at least with the crappy Civic you have the pokemon appeal of gotta catch'm all. But a modern Trans Am or Camaro manages to be uglier and slower.

The game is fun. I usually hate most of these cars, and hate visual modifications, but it's still fun. You have to do one more race, just to see how ugly your car gets next. I just got the widebody kits, haha, hideous, but so much fun.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Page lockups? Jan 8, 2004, 11:29 Killian

same thing Major.

4. Re: No subject Jan 8, 2004, 11:22 Sugarman

Or maybe it removes the shiny wet looking roads as a default setting. I always drive 150mph on wet pavement and I never have traction problems.:) The game is kinda fun if you turn off the music and the shiny road surfaces, I thought asphault only looked shiny in the rain or when its hot and causes the road to look reflective far in front of you. This must be that new kind called glassphault, hmmm, I kinda like that name.

When is the patch coming out that adds the Corvette, Trans Am, Camaro, Mustang, GTO"Monaro", oh yea, those cars aren't nearly fast enough to hang with those Civic's and such.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo