Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: No subject Jan 9, 2004, 16:20 Bunko

Fucktard.

We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. No subject Jan 9, 2004, 01:23 Percolator Fish

athlon: i'm not american
4d: i'm an adult

18. No subject Jan 8, 2004, 21:59 PHJF

Russians arn't human... they are damned commie bastards.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. No subject Jan 8, 2004, 21:24 AthlonSeven

By the way Percolator, the Russians aren't human? You have the typical assinine American attitude. May you rot in your apathy and stupidity. Your comment is highly disturbing.

----------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/athlonseven

http://www.memenest.com

16. No subject Jan 8, 2004, 21:22 AthlonSeven

That is really disgusting of EGM. Totally senseless.

----------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/athlonseven

http://www.memenest.com

15. Re: No subject Jan 8, 2004, 19:36 BicycleRepairMan

Look at the faces of those soldiers holding those pictures (like nr2 from the right..) all I see is emptyness. look at the BLACK RIBBON on the pictures. What if one of those dead soldiers brother reads that mag... The fact that the western media is ignoring this conflict, means you probably havent seen the picture before. If someone put up a picture of WTC jumpers and... well I dont need to go further on this. Its offensive to disrespect the dead like that.It downright pisses me off that someone could be this ignorant. End of argument.

Call of Duty go home. Red Orchestra is just much better.
http://www.unrealwarfarex.com/redorchestra/

14. No subject Jan 8, 2004, 19:33 PHJF

And neither am I. I don't give a damn what was originally there; it isn't there now. You're saying that if I go stand in Poland and sell a can of pop I will be disrespecting the millions of murdered Jews?

Horsecrap.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

13. No subject Jan 8, 2004, 18:58 Cygnus

The only reason to get offended at the ad is by knowing where the original picture came from, what context it was used in, and how it was altered. I didn't know these things, so the ad didn't offend me. The only reason any of you know that this is an altered picture is because the petition author pointed it out. Considering what much of the rest of the advertising world tries to push off on us, this ad is pretty non-offensive, and even creative.

And I'm still not offended by the ad.

12. No subject Jan 8, 2004, 18:53 HIGH_PING

Stop complaining. It's a friggen picture for christs sake.

People are pulling crap out of their ass about how the picture is disrespectful.

11. Re: No subject Jan 8, 2004, 18:06 4D-Boxing

lol damn!
Look at both your posts:
"stop whining, you don't have the right to live in a sterile world were no man can ever be offended"

"it isn't my people so i don't care"

You just proved you just a stupid kid! No consitency in your logic what so ever! Go troll somewhere else and wear a helmet next time you go skateboarding... it might protect the few brain cells you have left!

Now go waist somebody elses time!

10. No subject Jan 8, 2004, 17:12 Percolator Fish

it isn't my people so i don't care

9. Re: No subject Jan 8, 2004, 16:10 4D-Boxing

Percolator Fish

You'll be the first to start the whinning when it's your people being affected so shut up and grow up!

8. No subject Jan 8, 2004, 15:23 ildon

There's a difference between what's acceptable on, for example, a forum of an irreverent comedy website, and what's acceptable for a professional company that is advertising or trying to sell something.

7. Re: rvr? Jan 8, 2004, 15:16 bothersome

Professional... you must have missed the initial picture... The new socom game pictures were actually pictures of fallen troops. EGM has replaced the pictures of these respected soldiers with a video game.

6. No subject Jan 8, 2004, 15:13 PHJF

They arn't dead guys, though. They are just soldiers standing in a position that begs for photoshopping. Besides, nothing in the edited picture is controversial at all; just guys standing around.

I got no problem with it; war is a part of life (for better or worse), and death comes with war. This picture isn't exploiting a bunch of dead people.

------

5. Re: rvr? Jan 8, 2004, 14:38 BicycleRepairMan

I'd like to point out 2 things.

First, this isnt an ad for SOCOM II, its an Ad for EGM's preview/review/guide OF the game, and I'm sure the developers and publishers of SOCOM II dont embrace it, and they hopefully and probably have nothing to do with it.

Secondly, I do not see it as support for any kind of russian politics or warfare to protest against this ad. The people on those pictures are soldiers and human beings who have fought and died in a gruesome conflict. It is disgusting to exploit their remembering of their fallen to promote game-articles in that way.
I would feel the same way if they had done this to everything from holocaust victims, dead chechens, dead SS-soldiers, dead US-marines, 9/11 victims, dead members of taliban or any other victims of war. They are all victims of tragedy and none of them wanted to be.

Call of Duty go home. Red Orchestra is just much better.
http://www.unrealwarfarex.com/redorchestra/

4. No subject Jan 8, 2004, 14:21 Percolator Fish

stop whining, you don't have the right to live in a sterile world were no man can ever be offended

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 14:21.

3. Re: rvr? Jan 8, 2004, 14:04 4D-Boxing

I really don't know what to make of this one, On one hand it's definitly tastless but on the other the russians have been conducting genocide in Chechnya. THeir are no almost no men aged under 35 left in Chechnya and the boys that are born now have fallen pray to a weird illness!
I guess a life is a life and i'll sign the petition.

People should know that because Russia has been cunducting ethnic cleansing in Chechnya and nobody stood up to stop them, the region has become an Taliban safe haven armed to the teeth (many say Osama is hidding in that region which is close to the afghan/ pakistani boarder).

Definitly a bad choice for an add campaign!

2. Re: rvr? Jan 8, 2004, 13:00 bothersome

I have to say I don't normally sign petitions either... but that was tasteless advertising.

1. First online petition I've signed Jan 8, 2004, 12:15 PropheT

I guess they felt it was better since it wasn't American soldiers or something, but that's really about the most tasteless thing I've seen in a long time.
It's crap like that that gives gamers a bad name when non-gamers see it.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo