Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA4: Sin City?

Amazon.co.uk has posted a pre-order page for Grand Theft Auto IV: Sin City (thanks Tiscali Games). There's not much there, and what is should be taken with a grain of salt, but the listing offers a release date of 5 November, 2004 for the PS2 version, which, if accurate, tells us that a bunch of gamers as well as the litigious Jack Thomson will all be busy next holiday season.

View
68 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

28. Re: Frank Miller's Sin City Jan 2, 2004, 22:04 Zadillo

Just out of curiosity, what exactly are you going off on someone for, just for mentioning the Sin City comic? What are you bitter about, and what did the original poster say that you attacked them like that? It just doesn't make much sense to me, it seems like your attack came from nowhere. The only thing I can guess is that you seemed to be attacking him for saying "Sin City" is a comic book, and your post about reading a history book indicates what you were ticked off about was maybe that it sounded like the original poster thought the name "Sin City" originated with Frank Miller. While I can understand that, I just don't see why it would set you off on a rant like that. Are you pissed off at Frank Miller to the point that anyone who mentions his work ticks you off, or what? Just because someone mentions Sin City being a comic book doesn't necessarily mean they weren't aware of other uses of the name. It just might mean that given the nature of the GTA series, and the nature of a book like Sin City, it does make some sense to see them as pieces that could fit well together. It's no reason I can see to go off on him like you did.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 22:09.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. wtf Jan 2, 2004, 21:20 Gog

vice city, sin city, what the fcuk?!

Its definitely time for a change, something more dank and dark. Fun in the sun probably sells more, but its too childish and cliche. Seattle, New York, Boston, Detroit, for christ sake Chicago would be great.

26. Re: Frank Miller's Sin City Jan 2, 2004, 21:14 Vermilion

>I used to work with Frank Miller...

Sure you did. I imagine he often works with smartasses who hang out on gaming news forums - that's perfectly believable.

25. ^_^ Jan 2, 2004, 21:12 space captain

wow you're every womans dream

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

24. Re: Frank Miller's Sin City Jan 2, 2004, 21:11 John Nelson

I know I sound bitter, that's becuase I am.

23. Re: Frank Miller's Sin City Jan 2, 2004, 21:09 John Nelson

>needless link posted....

I'm well aware Sin City is a comic. I used to work with Frank Miller and I'm still able to pass myself with him to this day when we meet professionally. Though he's gone a little bit superstar, though he won't admit it.

22. Frank Miller's Sin City Jan 2, 2004, 21:05 Hunterzyph

http://hem2.passagen.se/fm4/sincity.html

21. Re: Good choice Jan 2, 2004, 21:05 John Nelson

> For anyone unfamiliar, Sin City is a comic.

I mean honestly, have you ever considered getting your nose out of a comic and assaulting your history books? Fuck me, you only have to take a casual interest in television to learn most of what you need to pass yourself off casually in normal conversation. A little tip - if you're not sure what to say next in a conversation just nod and say "yeah, right.". That'll get you right through college.

20. Re: Wild Speculation time! Jan 2, 2004, 21:00 MuzixMon

Heh, that would be and AWESOME game Hurdy! But they wouldn't be able to squeeze any 'LAZLOW' in the radio channels unless they make him a very young intern on some college station... hmmmm!! Another thing that sucks is that if this is going to be on PS3 the graphics are going to be hurtin'! I want to see next generation games that will make the PS2 look like a dated piece of shit... hey wait it already does. I would've almost bet that Rockstar and Sony saved GTA4 for the biggest PS3 release title.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

19. Re: Good choice Jan 2, 2004, 20:59 John Nelson

>For anyone unfamiliar, Sin City is a comic.

I dunno, I don't normally go in for personal attacks but how retarded are you for even thinking that? Really? Other possibles include Sun City (long known as Sin City, *even before* Frank Miller invented the term), South Africa adjacent, notorious for hosting lavish concert appearances from stars who would have been blacklisted if they'd appeared in the likes of Cape Town or Jo'burg. Whatever, looking forward to GTA:Mega City One... retard...

18. Manhunt Jan 2, 2004, 20:57 Culper Ring

So, is Manhunt supposed to be part of the GTA universe? They mentioned Carcer City in GTA3 I think, but obviously GTA and Manhunt are very different games.

17. No subject Jan 2, 2004, 20:39 eunichron

Damn, I was hoping GTA4 would be Xbox exclusive.

16. Re: Wild Speculation time! Jan 2, 2004, 20:20 Rigs

I guess all those dolts who registered gtasanandreas.com (GTA: San Andreas) are gonna feel the pain if this pans out...Tho. as has been mentioned, the last remaining city in the original GTA is San Andreas (The first two being, of course, Liberty City and Vice City)...someone check the registration for gtasincity.com...

=-Rigs-=

'I wanna heal, I wanna feel like Iím close to something real. I wanna find something Iíve wanted all along...Somewhere I belong...'

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

15. Wild Speculation time! Jan 2, 2004, 20:12 hurdy gurdy

So, Vice City was a parody of Miami in the mid eighties, could Sin City be a parody of Vegas in the sixties.. during the hey-day of the Rat-Pack (and Sinatra's alledged dealings with the Mafia and his friendship with JFK)?

oooo Im all ashiver with the possibilities!

*edit* fixed a f*ck-up...
This comment was edited on Jan 2, 20:13.

14. No subject Jan 2, 2004, 20:09 space captain

Vice city wasnt just a game, it was a comedic parody of epic proportions.. the execution and style with which they accomplished it was also commendable.

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

13. Re: Good choice Jan 2, 2004, 20:07 MacD

Damn...that makes too much sense. I was hoping for something based on Miller's comic. It would look great stylisticly, and has great possibilities for gameplay. Oh, well.

12. GTA4 Jan 2, 2004, 20:07 Ray Marden

Eminem vs. 50 cent.

Heh.

Vastly preferring Mafia over GTA,
Ray

-------------------------------------------------------
Time does not heal, but it does numb.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.guzzlefish.com/collection.php?username=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

11. Re: Good choice Jan 2, 2004, 20:05 hurdy gurdy

Actually... Sin City was Las Vegas before it was a comic

I'm pretty sure they were taling about the city, and not the publication. Sorry about stealing the wind from your sails there.

10. Re: Good choice Jan 2, 2004, 20:03 EricTheMad

For anyone unfamiliar, Sin City is a comic.

In this case, I believe Sin City refers to Las Vegas and not the Frank Miller graphic novels.

I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-O. -- Tealc

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do they all drown? -- Bucky B. Katt

9. Good choice Jan 2, 2004, 19:38 Hunterzyph

By taking an existing 'world' with plenty of content and simply porting it over to the gameplay of GTA. Big thumbs up from me.

For anyone unfamiliar, Sin City is a comic.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 19:45.

68 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo