Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2004, 10:31 Rhino

As far as the combat goes, while nothing revolutionary, I still had a great deal of fun with it... it still requires some level of strategy which is more than I can say for many games these days, even (or perhaps especially) those which are action games specifically.

The storyline I enjoyed as well. Not quite Dumas or Chesterton; but it fit the tone of the game perfectly, in my opinion. Again, I found it incredibly fun... much like a good animated movie.

Jumping puzzles: not expecting a horde of jumping puzzles in Prince of Persia is like not expecting much jumping in a Nintendo game featuring Mario.

I received Prince of Persia for Christmas... and, honestly, I haven't been able to stop playing it. It is, hands down, perhaps the most fun game that I've played in a good, long time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. No subject Jan 2, 2004, 02:13 PHJF

I stopped playing PoP a couple hours into it because it got too boring. It's typical combat and lame jumping puzzles and a mediocre story...

... and personally id rather substitute the mediocre story for that of Legacy of Kain, hence I am playing Defiance instead.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2004, 00:38 John

Ah, sounds good then. GoGamer.com has PoP on PC for only $32.90 now.. I hope they have the same deal to also get Splinter Cell for free with it.

This space is available for rent

5. Re: No subject Jan 1, 2004, 22:19 Ludomancer

No, it doesn't have much replay value in the traditional sense, but the game is so perfect in every way I played through it three times in a row, and I usually don't repeat games. It's just... unspeakably good.

4. Re: No subject Jan 1, 2004, 21:07 indiv

If you can't find it locally, order it online. I just finished it today and it's a superbly-done game. Not really any replay value, but playing through it once was worth it.

3. Buy Prince of Persia: get Splinter Cell Jan 1, 2004, 17:35 John

That's not a bad deal. I was recently considering buying PoP, but thought that a friend of mine would probably get it for his Xbox. But, with this deal, I could get both for the PC.. even though I have played SC on his Xbox. And PoP is cheaper on the PC, so that's good.

This space is available for rent

2. Re: No subject Jan 1, 2004, 16:59 Quan

Seems like everyone is trying to give away Splinter Cell.

1. No subject Jan 1, 2004, 15:07 nin

A new Blizzard Entertainment Photo Gallery is online, promising occasional photographic updates on the goings-on at Blizzard...

WOW! Just think! You can watch all the H.R. goons try and hire people, so they can do a new game besides Ghost and WOW. WEEEEEEEE!

Buy Prince of Persia: get Splinter Cell free. Buy a van: get a check!...

You know, I've heard nothing but praise for POP, yet I don't recall seeing it anywhere locally...

http://www.petergabriel.com/

http://henryandheidi.libsyn.com/rss

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo