Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

DRIV3R Steers to PC

The official Driv3r Website is now online, offering exclusive scr33nshots and a trail3r. In addition, the site offers the reassuring PC CD-ROM logo reconfirming plans for a PC release of the wheelman sequel, something that came into doubt when the PC version went unmentioned in the press release announcing the game's name change (story).

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. So long as... Dec 24, 2003, 20:52 Halsy

it's not some shite port, I'm in.

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. Where the laws do not operate, there is no reality."
- Mr. Spock

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Learning curve Dec 24, 2003, 18:02 Tei

Though I'm looking forward to this game, I'm just worried that it might be a bit difficult like stuntman before it. I don't mind a challenge every now and then, but...

13. Re: oh well Dec 24, 2003, 17:03 Nexus

Glad it's coming to PC, I always appreciated the realistic way that police chased you in Driver compared to GTA. The name is still fucking stupid, but if since it's likely to be a great game, I'll forgive it.

12. Re: No subject Dec 24, 2003, 15:55 pob

interstate76....hehe.....i'll never forget his pose as he gave over the Blueberry shake and getting a concrete blockdropper for the multiplayer games. I'll also never forget how amazingly slow it ran on a pentium 133mhz...although it did get better with the voodoo magic.
This comment was edited on Dec 24, 15:58.

11. No subject Dec 24, 2003, 15:12 OneNightStand

Frankly speaking i am looking foward to GTA:IV and this more then HL2.
I am a big fan of automotive action games,from Interstate,GTA,Mafia,and of course,Driver.
Me wonders what happened to Interstate series though.
That game was kickass!
Seems like they killed it,was it Activision?

10. Re: No subject Dec 24, 2003, 14:53 Sty

I smell Renderware. And the Miami setting looks like they just borrowed buildings from the actual Vice City game.

http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/driver3/11.html

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

9. Stupid Name. Great Looking Game Dec 24, 2003, 14:01 GTAZ

I keep looking at this and thinking Drivthreer, what the hell is that? :)_

Although the name is stupid, immature and just plain looks ridiculous, the game on the other hand looks amazing.. I just hope that there is some form of Multiplayer and a good free roam option to drive around the city with side missions like Mafia/GTA mixed into one. (Not the multiplayer of course, Mafia and GTA 3 were going to have MP, but never did...)

8. Re: No subject Dec 24, 2003, 14:00 Yutz

thanks for the chuckle silonez

7. No subject Dec 24, 2003, 13:23 Pineapple Ferguson

1998 called and they want their lingo back.

6. Re: No subject Dec 24, 2003, 12:55 sponge

Quite annoying, but that odometer is pretty nifty.

5. Att3ntion R3fl3ctions Dec 24, 2003, 12:50 Deathbots!

You hav3 old p3opl3/suits choosing your gam3's nam3. P3opl3 who actually ar3 young and hip think it's funny, not cool. My favorit3 movi3 is se7en.

4. Re: No subject Dec 24, 2003, 12:45 pob

is it my imagination, or is that a really annoying website to use, and that's on a 2meg line...Flash is a curse, I'm sure of it. someone add an html button 'already'.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 12:47.

3. No subject Dec 24, 2003, 11:59 RazorWynd

i keep forgetting that this is driver 3

damn you counterstrike!

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

http://www.firingsquad.com

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

2. Re: good to hear. Dec 24, 2003, 11:56 MeatForce

... With all the stupid console porting going on these days, it's hard to get excited anymore when I hear that there's another on the way.. OTOH, this thing looks pretty sweet, so.. ahh fukit!

WOOHOO!

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

1. good to hear. Dec 24, 2003, 11:47 Jigen

the game is looking good.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo