Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Universal Combat Delayed

UC Dev Status - Ship it or give it another month (thanks Frans) is an extensive forum post from 3000AD's Derek Smart discussing his decision to delay the release of Ultimate Combat, how publisher DreamCatcher feels about this, while polling the forum for their opinions about when the game will be suitable for release based on the contents of the RC version control file. Here's a bit: "As it stands, the game is not GM ready. It is very, very close, but not as close as I'd like it to be. For this reason, I am still not at GM (Gold Master) status yet - though, depending on the decisions made before Christmas, GM could be a reality within the next 7-10 days."

View
106 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

106. Re: Oh, Yeah? Dec 23, 2003, 14:52 JediLuke

The greatest lies of all time:

Hahahahahah, excellent!

~Steve

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

105. Re: Oh, Yeah? Dec 22, 2003, 21:45 BabyJesus

^^ Too bad they werent the OLD foil silver copies of the original release they could have used them for some CONVECTION action.

104. Re: Oh, Yeah? Dec 22, 2003, 21:40 UberNeuman

I helped out at the local homeless shelter this year. We gave out food and gave out case after case of unopened boxes of BC3000. The homeless covered themselfs with the boxes to keep warm at night in the dumpsters they seem to favor to dwell in...

Never let it be said nothing good ever came from Dereck...

103. Oh, Yeah? Dec 22, 2003, 21:19 Camaro76

The greatest lies of all time:

1. I love you
2. This won't hurt a bit
3. The cheque's in the mail
4. I was just going to call you
5. I swear I won't come in your mouth
6. Of course I'll respect you in the morning
7. We have a really challenging assignment for you
8. I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you

---------------------------------------------
"There's so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?" -- Dick Cavett
mocking the TV-violence debate

--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

102. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2003, 18:50 BabyJesus

I see Derek is now nowhere to be found once challenged to provide proof.

101. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2003, 11:53 Hump

Who else was banned from Qt3 Derek?

I can understand the average fan forums but its not like Tom Chick or Dave Long are unreasonable people. Then again I don't know them that well so maybe I'm wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing: Armed and Dangerous, Dues Ex 2, U2:XMP, Hotly Anticipating: Crashday, Soldner, UT2004, Far Cry Pondering: Second Life

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

100. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2003, 05:29 Ibbz

"Oddly you never seem to stop you untruths and baldfaced lies, still waiting for the promised FREE multiplayer patch for the actual copy of BCM I have here($5 EB clearance). Even though its mentioned in the manual several times and on the box art. But no, you never lie."

You spent $5 on BCM!? Surely there was something else you could have gotten that actually delivered all that was promised

So Derek, still planning not to support UC when DC releases it?
The game is not ready. They ship it, you can go to them for support because we are currently updating the registration DB which means that unless you have a serial number, you won't be able to download any patches. And I have this morning invalidated all the serial numbers I generated and sent to them. In other words, they ship a dud, you'll be buying a dud. It will never, ever be supported.

Must be a first time ever that a developer is filing a restraining order against their publisher...
Derek Smart wrote...
We have advised them that on Monday and attorney in Canada is going to be filing a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) preventing them from shipping the game into retail because it would damage the property, my rep etc. Hopefully that will get done before they start shipping it into the retail channel.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 05:38.

99. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2003, 03:04 BabyJesus

"(1) First of all, I have NO idea who the hell Wildcard is."

Of course you don't. Oddly he/she/it only posts defending you in thread regarding you, sounds like another type of stalker.

"(2) Second of all, and this is the trend with you nitwits, is that any time you see someone posting anything remotely like a support of me or my game, you automagically assume its me."

No not really, I never thought Epsilon was you, because despite you being a liar, you dont seem like the thieving kind.

"(3) Third, I have never - ever - used an alias. I have nothing to hide and I certainly have no incentive to hide from anti-social nitwits on the Net."

On can just follow your links to prove you are a liar. Even though I'm no fan of Tom's he has never outright lied especially about YOU.

"(5) I - like several others - was banned from EA for the same reasons above. People better than me have been banned from there and if being able to post on EA is anything to brag about, be my guest. Here, chew on this."

Oddly I was never banned from either, how bad can I be?

"(6) I - like several others - was banned from QT3 for the same reasons above. Though in my case, I was banned because I was bitching at Tom Chick and defending someone that HE had banned. My posting was restored, I still rebelled. And I was banned again. There are several idiots who created new aliases to make it look like it was me. That was proven many threads ago, to NOT be the case. And any fool who scans the QT3 memberlist can see the three braindead aliases. YOU in fact (and your friends) have been KNOWN to do the same thing on Usenet. Create a new alias, post like me or one of my people, then find out its your sorry ass doing it. Here, chew on this."

Prove that accusation. Never have I even pretended to be you or one of your people. The only place have I used different aliases is on SEPARATE sites, usually because the one I like is taken or I was in the mood for something different. My usenet alias has NEVER changed at least as long as I've had this install on Win2k and then XP on my PC.

That thread proves nothing but you are a whacko troublemaker.

"I am not a coward like you. Hiding being and taking potshots from the safety of anonymity. If one thing people know about me, it is this - I don't take shit from anyone - and most especially not nitwits like you and your infantile anti-social kind who think its OK to behave badly online, put people (especially devs) under siege, then cry foul when you're bitched and 0wned. And sometimes in the pursuit of that, I get banned on Net forums. Big fucking deal. Rev. Jesse Jackson goes to jail - or gets processed - almost every time he protests against this, that or another. Civil disobedience is just that, civil disobedience, whether it happens out here in the real world or in cyber space, it amounts to the same thing. I'm an activist. So, fuck you very much."

Yeah, the liar cheater Jesse Jackson is who I would compare you to. Almost perfect, thank you.

Oddly you never seem to stop you untruths and baldfaced lies, still waiting for the promised FREE multiplayer patch for the actual copy of BCM I have here($5 EB clearance). Even though its mentioned in the manual several times and on the box art. But no, you never lie.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 03:05.

98. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2003, 18:47 laguna71

I - like several others - was banned from QT3 for the same reasons above. Though in my case, I was banned because I was bitching at Tom Chick and defending someone that HE had banned. My posting was restored, I still rebelled. And I was banned again. There are several idiots who created new aliases to make it look like it was me. That was proven many threads ago, to NOT be the case. And any fool who scans the QT3 memberlist can see the three braindead aliases. YOU in fact (and your friends) have been KNOWN to do the same thing on Usenet. Create a new alias, post like me or one of my people, then find out its your sorry ass doing it. Here, chew on this.

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6019

Hey Doc, that thread you linked only proves that you do, in fact, post in support of yourself under alias':

"But -- surprise, surprise! -- when Derek came back, he was full of piss and vinegar and couldn't be bothered to let it alone. So he was banned. There followed long email diatribes that involved threats of lawsuits, hacking into the board, making fake accounts, and so forth. He reregistered under at least three new accounts and posted under a pseudonym before we started filtering IP addresses and requiring email confirmation for new accounts."

Edit: Not so good with code. Like Derek.
This comment was edited on Dec 21, 18:48.

97. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2003, 16:33 JediLuke

Well, look who's suddenly turned into such an amiable guy. I guess the previous approach wasn't working so well.

~Steve

96. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2003, 16:21  dsmart 

also remember a certain detractor that kept getting banned and would have posts removed and made up new posting id's... but since the 'Beetlejuice summoning technique' seems to work around here, I don't want to name any names

LOL!! That was funny. I know you're talking about stalker Bill Puffman.

You're right, the VE3D forum days were some of the best times we had. Man it was a hoot. I can't think of anyone who didn't get flamed there. Remember that time when George Broussard stopped by? Oh man, there was blood everywhere by the time he left.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

95. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2003, 15:37 Camaro76

(4) I - like several others - was banned on VE3D (Camaro76 was there at the time I think)...

Yeah, I remember the VE3D circus. Hell, the DS threads there used to get into the hundreds of posts, though it was full of nothing but flamage and bullshit... heh. Ah, those were the days.

I also remember a certain detractor that kept getting banned and would have posts removed and made up new posting id's... but since the 'Beetlejuice summoning technique' seems to work around here, I don't want to name any names.

"There's so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?" -- Dick Cavett

--------

94. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2003, 14:15 JediLuke

and most especially not nitwits like you and your infantile anti-social kind who think its OK to behave badly online.

ev. Jesse Jackson goes to jail - or gets processed - almost every time he protests against this

Civil disobedience is just that

I'm an activist

Hahaha, holy shit, you're killing me! Honestly, I'm starting to feel bad. Seriously, what are you thinking posting this crap, especially after you've been humiliated so thoroughly here? Did you ever think that you'd have an easier time if you just shut the hell up? You wouldn't contradict yourself so much. It'd be a lot harder to make you look like an idiot. You know how it is:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
-- Mark Twain

~Steve

93. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2003, 08:44  dsmart 

(1) First of all, I have NO idea who the hell Wildcard is.

(2) Second of all, and this is the trend with you nitwits, is that any time you see someone posting anything remotely like a support of me or my game, you automagically assume its me.

(3) Third, I have never - ever - used an alias. I have nothing to hide and I certainly have no incentive to hide from anti-social nitwits on the Net.

(4) I - like several others - was banned on VE3D (Camaro76 was there at the time I think) by the man because I went up against the idiots (e.g. Andy) who ran the forum and let idiots like YOU ruin it, while admonishing people like ME who don't stand for it. Considering what the VE3D has become after being converted to IGN's bitch, I haven't missed it. And if I wanted to post there, I can more than register, since it is a new forum. I choose not to. Thats a choice I get to make.

(5) I - like several others - was banned from EA for the same reasons above. People better than me have been banned from there and if being able to post on EA is anything to brag about, be my guest. Here, chew on this.

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7711

(6) I - like several others - was banned from QT3 for the same reasons above. Though in my case, I was banned because I was bitching at Tom Chick and defending someone that HE had banned. My posting was restored, I still rebelled. And I was banned again. There are several idiots who created new aliases to make it look like it was me. That was proven many threads ago, to NOT be the case. And any fool who scans the QT3 memberlist can see the three braindead aliases. YOU in fact (and your friends) have been KNOWN to do the same thing on Usenet. Create a new alias, post like me or one of my people, then find out its your sorry ass doing it. Here, chew on this.

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6019

I am not a coward like you. Hiding being and taking potshots from the safety of anonymity. If one thing people know about me, it is this - I don't take shit from anyone - and most especially not nitwits like you and your infantile anti-social kind who think its OK to behave badly online, put people (especially devs) under siege, then cry foul when you're bitched and 0wned. And sometimes in the pursuit of that, I get banned on Net forums. Big fucking deal. Rev. Jesse Jackson goes to jail - or gets processed - almost every time he protests against this, that or another. Civil disobedience is just that, civil disobedience, whether it happens out here in the real world or in cyber space, it amounts to the same thing. I'm an activist. So, fuck you very much.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 08:45.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead

92. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2003, 03:10 BabyJesus

"Nice try, fool. Where do u see me using an alias? And where is the thread that "shows Derek using an alter ego"?
Oh wait, nevermind, I forgot that its common to post unsubstantiated kaka without an proof nor basis in reality.
Even for you (considering your braindead Usenet shenanigans),stupidity has evolved to an artform."

I suppose that "wildcard" alias is not AN alter ego?

Prove my shenanigans, I havent posted to usenet regarding your dumb ass in months or on Evil Avatar or VE3d because you have been banned from both in even longer. Next you'll be calling me a stalker. Still waiting for the freight train...

"Right. Nice try. Here, 'ave a ceeegar"

Weak. Who are you now a carnival announcer? You ass.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 03:13.

91. Come caroling with me! Dec 20, 2003, 15:16 Camaro76

HERE COMES DEREK SMART
(Gene Autry, Oakley Haldeman)

Here comes Derek Smart!
Here comes Derek Smart!
To write another Derek Smart flame!
The whole internet
is laughing about his
new Universal Combat game.
Bells are ringing, trolls are singing;
All is merry and bright.
Post your insults but say your prayers,
'Cause Derek Smart comes tonight.

--------

90. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2003, 12:03 laguna71

This thread from Quarter To Three shows that you do, indeed, post under an alias.

It actually shows you posting under the most obvious of alias', and then comically trying to deny it.

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4289&start=30

By the way, how's that thing with Dreamcatcher coming along? No bumps in the road, I hope?

They're not, say, making decisions about your "game" without informing you, or anything like that, are they?

Get any good PMs on your PDA lately??

89. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2003, 10:56  dsmart 

BabyJesus:

I just love how the other thread shows Derek using an alter ego. I have seen him claim many times that he NEVER does that. Oh well another lie in a string of thousands.

Nice try, fool. Where do u see me using an alias? And where is the thread that "shows Derek using an alter ego"?
Oh wait, nevermind, I forgot that its common to post unsubstantiated kaka without an proof nor basis in reality.
Even for you (considering your braindead Usenet shenanigans),stupidity has evolved to an artform.

Too bad he can't get multiplayer working either.

Right. Nice try. Here, 'ave a ceeegar

88. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2003, 02:42 BabyJesus

I just love how the other thread shows Derek using an alter ego. I have seen him claim many times that he NEVER does that. Oh well another lie in a string of thousands.

Too bad he can't get multiplayer working either.

87. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2003, 02:11 Camaro76

TOP TEN REASONS WHY DEREK SMART ISN'T HERE:

10: Playing X2: The Threat and uh, 'doing research' - yeah, that's the ticket!

9: "Drive-by" car broke down and it doesn't have OnStar.

8: Computer is tied up scanning for "DEREK SMART! DEREK SMART! DEREK SMART!" on message boards across the inter-web.

7: Assaulted a Coke machine, it kicked his ass, and now he's laid up in the hospital.

6: Cramming for his upcoming Customer Service class final exam.

5: Figuring out what to do with the 2,000,000 unsold copies of Battlecruiser Millenium that just got dumped on his lawn, courtesy Electronics Boutique.

4: Spellchecking/proofreading yet another long-winded rant on the evils of: publishers, ATI video drivers, anonymous Internet detractors, and Martha Stewart.

3: Went to Wal-Mart to buy his 354th keyboard - in one week.

2: Out playing golf with George Broussard, Gabe Newell, and Warren Spector.

1: Derek is my fictional alter-ego, and we travel the country setting up illegal boxing arenas in seedy internet cafes while organizing my fan-base through complex space simulations that cause them to plot mischievous stunts and steal source codes for popular killographic games.

--------

106 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo