Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Hitman 3 Announced

Worldwide Blockbuster Game Hitman Contracted for Third Hit (thanks HomeLAN Fed) has the latest news of Io Interactive's plans to continue their Hitman franchise with more of the stealthy adventures of the assassin codenamed "47" in a game to be titled Hitman: Contracts. Word is the Hitman Contracts Website is online, featuring a game trailer for the game, which is due "Spring 2004." Here's the deal:

Eidos (Nasdaq: EIDSY - News), one of the world's leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, today announced the eagerly awaited return of the world's deadliest assassin in Hitman: Contracts. The game is the third installment in the critically acclaimed, multi-million selling Hitman series. Hitman: Contracts is being developed by Io Interactive and will be available for PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, and PC in spring 2004.

Hitman: Contracts delivers more action-packed and suspenseful missions, with a greater variety of ways to make the perfect hit and an increased arsenal of firearms and close-combat weapons. A new graphics engine showcases Hitman's 'work' in brutal detail and brings new locations to life. An improved control system and more gradual learning curve will ensure that the game is accessible to all aspiring hitmen.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Another one? Dec 17, 2003, 02:31 JediLuke

OMGz Hitman 2 was teh racist!!!1

~Steve

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Another one? Dec 17, 2003, 02:08 Cynic9

I tried and tried to like the last 2 of the Hitman games, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Oh well, I'll still give 3 a try I guess.

21. Re: *blink* Dec 17, 2003, 00:01 Xenos Overdrive

bleh, I'm sorry, I've finally put aside all my gripes and just played through DX:IW and if you just drop the "Deux Ex" portion of the title, then it's actually a stunning success in gameplay; I'm sorry, but it just is. As for Hitman 2's graphics, that's the one thing most review's were raving about was the graphical improvement. But if it's graphics that aren't on the bleeding edge every time, then the Hitman series is definitely the wrong franchise to play, my man!

20. Re: *blink* Dec 16, 2003, 23:39 pancreas

Hope this "new graphics engine" will be really new =)

I played Hitman 2 after NOLF2 and was rather dissapointed with the the graphics. There was a serious lack of detail and variety to the textures, a few areas barely surpassed Wolf3D in quality. From a presentation standpoint however, the sounds and the overall mood of the game was enough to make me want to finish it.

Then there's the gameplay which is both challenging and rewarding. Deux Ex 2 seems to have difficulty getting the former part right, even on Realistic.

"Nothing livens up a robotic hymn of doom more than an amazing pair of jugs." - Brak

19. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2003, 18:12 EvilGoof_Trollboy

'fraid i am taking *anything* IS say about *any* of their games with a whole heap of salt and a consultation from a voodoo doctor after dx2

18. No subject Dec 16, 2003, 17:54 Percolator Fish

So far, according to the info that IS has released, there is no multiplayer mode in Thief 3.

That's fine with me; having a multiplayer mode always means making concessions in single player mode.

Besides, ThieveryUT does as good a job as anyone could ever hope for!

http://www.thieveryut.com

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 17:56.

17. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2003, 16:42 nin

you don't have to pay cows noob

This says so much about you...

http://www.kraftwerk.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2003, 16:14 sinner's saint

"You must be dating the wrong women, sinner. Try the ones you don't have to pay."

you don't have to pay cows noob

15. Re: Here's the torrent: Dec 16, 2003, 15:50 Cyfun

The coolest thing in the world, ever: multiplayer in Hitman 3 and they actually do a good job of it and not make it gimmicky like in NOLF.

I just realized something: This game is gonna be in direct competition with Thief 3. I wonder if that will have multiplayer. There's a UT Thief mod that is actually pretty good...

14. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2003, 14:26 Atomic

You must be dating the wrong women, sinner. Try the ones you don't have to pay.

-TimK(drekhead)

Pascal said, “Reason’s last step is the recognition that there are an infinite number of things which are beyond it. It is merely feeble if it does not go as far as to realize that.”

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

13. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2003, 14:16 EvilGoof_Trollboy

hmmmmmm fanny

i'd still buy it though

12. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2003, 13:51 sinner's saint

Having eidos as a publisher makes this game stink like a vagina.

11. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2003, 13:37 XEON

Um, this makes me uneasy. I hope they don't mean it in the same way DX2 meant it.

FWIW the Xbox and PS2 versions of Hitman 2 were every bit as well implemented and thought out as the PC version was, so there's a better than even chance that they'll repeat it with Hitman 3 and avoid the travesty that was DX2

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

===
B: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

10. Yay! Dec 16, 2003, 13:28 jAkUp

The original Hitman and Hitman 2 were some of my favorite games... amazing music by Jesper Kyd... and the graphics were nice for their time too. A little hard at time but everyone enjoys a challenge

I'm really looking forward to this one
This comment was edited on Dec 16, 13:30.

9. WE NEED MODDING CAPABILITIES! Dec 16, 2003, 12:20 Spikezz

This is what this game needs to survive. I loved H1 and 2 but Id stop playing like a a week after finishing the single player. This game needs modding so it can trascend time.

Does anyone know if the game will support mods?

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 12:20.

8. No subject Dec 16, 2003, 11:50 Da Stylin' Rastan

An improved control system and more gradual learning curve

Um, this makes me uneasy. I hope they don't mean it in the same way DX2 meant it.

-DSR

7. THERES A TRAILER!!!! Dec 16, 2003, 11:42 Da Stylin' Rastan

W00t! Go to their website!

http://www.hitmancontracts.com/

Very nifty trailer. Tobias looks a bit older now, early-mid 40s as opposed to his 30's look of the previous games. The mood they set is very in line with what I liked best about the previous hitman games.

-DSR <--- OH SHI...*splat*

6. ooooook..... Dec 16, 2003, 11:33 Da Stylin' Rastan

The game will be epic, highly disturbing, but most importantly an enjoyable experience.

Highly disturbing? If hitman beats people to death with dildos while wearing a tutu, it might be highly disturbing. Otherwise, its just good ol' hitman fun!

-DSR

5. Original Hitman on XP ? Dec 16, 2003, 11:25 Alex Sledge

Yeah, I should go search the net for info, but I figure around here people actually play games

Has anyone managed to get the original Hitman to work under XP, and what did you do to get it working?

Aside: Here's an idea Blue, open up gaming support forums, then offer "discount" support forum hosting for the publishing houses... could rake in some bling that way.

4. Re: *blink* Dec 16, 2003, 11:17 nin

Let the controversy begin...

http://www.kraftwerk.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo