Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Tech Bits

View
2. On Slashdot & Lindows Dec 13, 2003, 15:03 WaltC

I often see posts here linking to slashdot, which I used to read daily, until the level of commentary became so silly and juvenile that I stopped visiting it altogether.

Thanks for the link, though, as I see nothing's changed over there...:) (Just seems to be getting worse and more infantile as time goes on.)

The Lindows thing is really quite funny, as I am quite sure that if Gates had decided to call Windows something like "Wurtles" then Lindows would have been named "Lurtles"...:) To top it off this is the company so desperate for platforms on which to run Lindows that it offers bogus hacking contests promising hundreds of thousands of dollars to anyone who can illegaly hack an xBox just so the Lindows people will have a platform for their software, one that they spent not one red cent developing, designing, marketing, or paying for themselves, because their $300 Lindows Walmart-machine scam didn't work so well, obviously.

Yes, for the Slashdot crowd it would be a different story altogether if Microsoft was advertising public hacking contests for the iMac so that it could usurp Apple's purpose in selling the iMac--I'm quite sure that Microsoft would be roundly condemned over there for emulating the conduct of the Lindows people. I resigned from the "I Hate Microsoft because I Want to Appear Knowledgeable and Politically Correct Club" a long time ago, and as such Slashdot holds little appeal for me these days, I'm afraid.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 13, 13:42 Levy on digital media players Pedle Zelnip
>> 2. Dec 13, 15:03  On Slashdot & Lindows WaltC
  5. Dec 13, 16:39  Re: Levy on digital media players Devster
  3. Dec 13, 15:15 Canada deems P2P downloading legal Wolffe
  4. Dec 13, 16:24  Grumble... Gen. Hospital
  6. Dec 13, 22:22   Re: Grumble... Bunko
  7. Dec 14, 05:29    Re: Grumble... rocketpcguy
  8. Dec 14, 09:51     Re: DX: IW (long...winded that is) Von Helmet

footer

Blue's News logo