Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 23:05 rist3903

awesome to hear it compared to privateer. what a cool game. just need to get a joystick now..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 15:08 DedEye

I picked it up a couple weeks ago.

Yes, it has some rough edges but for me at least I can say "finally a game that can compare to Elite and Privateer".

10. Re: X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 14:21 Gandhi

Thanks for the link to the review, 4DB. The descriptions of the economic model has me more interested then any other feature in playing this game (blasting aliens in dogfights pretty fun too

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

9. Re: X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 14:10 Gandhi

Heh don't get cocky

Sure I can, at least through the rest of this year

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

8. Re: X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 13:47 Wazootyman

no, you will need to give that computer to me and buy yourself a more powerful one

Don't you mean "buy a more powerful one and give it to me"?
=D
Those specs remind me a lot of my own (almost an exact match), except I am running a P4 3.0 instead.

7. Re: X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 13:37 Pete

Will this system run the game okay ?

no, you will need to give that computer to me and buy yourself a more powerful one

Supporter of the "A happy fredster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

Doin' it Big

6. Re: X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 13:22 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

Heh don't get cocky, even X2 can bring that machine to its knees.

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

5. Re: X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 13:13 Gandhi

The only down side, you need a good pc

My system specs -

* Athlon 64 3200+,
* 1 gig RAM,
* Twin Hitachi S-ATA HDD in a 160 gig RAID 0 array,
* ATI AIW 9800 PRO,
* SB Audigy 2 ZS,
* Klipsch Promedia ULTRA 5.1,
* Lite-On multiformat CD/DVD reader,
* Plextor multiformat CD/DVD writer,
* Logitech Cordless MX Duo mouse and keyboard,
* Sony black floppy,
* 19" IBM Trinitron CRT, all in a
* 1080 Antec case w/ 430W PSU.

Will this system run the game okay ?

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 13:14.

4. Re: X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 12:54 4D-Boxing

Weird review maybe from an amateur reviewer!
I think the guy that did the review bever bothered to read the manual. IF you follow the tips they give you, your progress through the game game will be fast and easy but keep in mind that this is a huge open game in a huge unuverse. NPCs give you all the info you need to progree and as long as you have a basic understanding of economics (buy low sell high) it should be easy sailing.

The guy complains about the save?!?! Well the game was designed to simulate space, instead of respawning where you died you need insurance just like in real life if you are not you loose your investement if you run into trouble. It takes no time be able to save anywhere since making cash trading is a breeze!

The guy says:" Also, the game isn't very well balanced in the beginning. You are allowed to push forward into areas even when lacking the ship needed to survive their denizens."
LOL either the guy $ucks or thinks he can just pick any mission point click and all the enemies are a gonna go away! This is not Freelancer click fest wnere there is no real dog fighting. IF you can't dogfight forget it!

To resume my opinion of X2, the game is everything freelancer and other space sims wanted to achieve it's more ambitious than battlecruiser was but it's done right!
The only down side, you need a good pc, but since this game will stay on your hard drive for years it will only look and play better with every upgrade!

Check out the bleus archives there have been a few reviews of this game and all have been positive. Some do not realise that you can save anywhere and take of points but the only bad things are the system requirement and cut scenes. I do not care about cut scenes and have a good pc so the game is flawless for me.

PS. i've had the game for a week now and to me it's the best game i've played in years! Don't forget everything in the universe can be purchased and upgraded from space stations to mines.

X2 review: http://www.davidcsimon.com/modules.php?name=MReviews&op=show&rid=8

3. Re: X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 11:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Dunno, but the other 2 reviews I read weren't nearly so negative about it. I think it probably does come down to personal taste, and I think we'll be seeing a patch for the game pretty soon as well, to fix some control and performance issue. I liked the previous game, and I'm really not a hardcore space simmer. That game was pretty tedious at first, but got better as you go along. This one seems to be similar, but they got rid of a lot of the problems that made the first one so tedious, so it should be easier to get into. As soon as I manage to upgrade my vid card (hopefully by the end of the month), I'm picking this one up. It's definitely a lot of play-value for the money.

"God isn't interested in technology. He cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time, forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men!"

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 11:51 Wazootyman

Rrrrm... I dunno.
Read other reviews.
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/533501.asp

1. X2 review Dec 12, 2003, 11:27 Gandhi

Man, that GamesDomain review is really negative on the game, concluding that unless you are hard core into sapce sims, you should skip it. Is it really that bad? I have it on order and it should come in the mail either today or Monday, but now I am having second thoughts about whether the game will be too hard core for me.

Any thoughts?

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo