Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK

The first installment of the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight SDK is now available for download (thanks Frans). Here's the deal: "The Flight Simulator team is publishing this reference for developers and enthusiasts who want to customize and create add-ons for Flight Simulator 2004. We're publishing the SDK in installments, which will roll out over the next several weeks. Although portions of the SDK may prove useful to Flight Simulator enthusiasts with little or no programming experience, keep in mind that many parts of the SDK assume familiarity with XML, the C programming language, and game development."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: *cough* B1-B *cough* Dec 11, 2003, 23:16 pancreas

in utterly unflyable craft. noseeee up, nose down, nose up, nose down, stall, runway-pizza.

Like that pathetic RC plane in Vice City. The IL-2 Sturmovik was ten times easier to fly and ten times deadlier (Hmmm... imagine strafing All The Haitians with your twin 20 mm cannons) Even the helicopters flew better than that flying POS.

Sorry, just had to vent.

"Nothing livens up a robotic hymn of doom more than an amazing pair of jugs." - Brak
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Hmm.... Dec 11, 2003, 10:17 Valcor

It's about time they released this stuff. I would also love to see the Bendix/King model in there.

8. Re: *cough* B1-B *cough* Dec 11, 2003, 06:55 pob

bringgg back the plane designer from flight-sim3. It may have been 1989 or something, but was comedy fun designing plane characters that resulted in utterly unflyable craft. noseeee up, nose down, nose up, nose down, stall, runway-pizza. I was kind of surprised that they had removed it by the time I went back to FS in 93/94 as it seemed like quite a novel thing.

7. *cough* B1-B *cough* Dec 11, 2003, 05:26 Hunterzyph

Hmmm SR-71 Blackbird would be nice as well. Go forth young modders and make me something worthwhile of going out and buying Flight Sim 2004 for something more than the dynamic weather =P

6. Re: Hmm.... Dec 10, 2003, 22:34 pancreas

It seems that the number of FS2004 add-on planes has been rather low compared to previous versions of FS

Yeah, there are a few types of aircraft that are poorly represented by the freeware community. I personally want an equivalent of FS2002's long range Falcon 50, although there appears to be a Citation X on the horizon.

Still, using resources from previous versions there have been plenty of excellent releases both commercially and for free, like the complex Piper Meridian and the pocket-rocket Legacy. I don't think the new SDK will add much to what most experienced add-on creators already know.

"Nothing livens up a robotic hymn of doom more than an amazing pair of jugs." - Brak

5. No subject Dec 10, 2003, 22:06 RazorWynd

stop eating my poop..its mine

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

http://www.firingsquad.com

4. Hmm.... Dec 10, 2003, 21:27 Jim

I wonder if more aircraft will be made now. It seems that the number of FS2004 add-on planes has been rather low compared to previous versions of FS, and I'm waiting for someone to make a better version of the default 172 cockpit and sounds, and maybe even a add in a Bendix/King KMD 550.

When the scenery SDK comes out I'm going to give a shot at fixing the poorly represented Rhode Island areas that I'm always flying over, and make the local airfields a bit more closer to their real life counterparts.

Jim

3. Re: No subject Dec 10, 2003, 21:24 Gog

this is a good thing

2. Re: No subject Dec 10, 2003, 20:49 Pedle Zelnip

How informative....

PZ
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Reading: J.R.R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" -- Last Read: Kenneth Lux's "Adam Smith's Mistake: How a Moral Philosopher Invented Economics

PZ
------------

1. No subject Dec 10, 2003, 20:43 RazorWynd

http://www.firingsquad.com
This comment was edited on Dec 10, 20:44.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo