Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Unreal II XMP Downloads

Downloads of the full version of the free XMP expanded multiplayer add-on for Unreal II are now available. The download, which obviously requires the full version of the first-person shooter, is a 274 MB download, available from 3D Gamers, AusGamers, BeyondUnreal, Boomtown, Computer Games Online, FilePlanet (registration required), Filerush, FileShack (registration required), Gamer's Hell, GameSpot DLX (registration required), Loadedinc (registration required), and Worthplaying.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Another Mirror Dec 11, 2003, 10:42 CCGR

Christ Centered Game Reviews is hosting the game as well
http://www.ccgr.org

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. oops, Dec 11, 2003, 06:47 vacs

just read that a patch for the full XMP version is already out for a day and that with the help of it you can install the full version of XMP without any U2 CD and then of course also play the full version online.

This must be the first online MP game which doesn't use cd-key system, incredible stupid.

26. Liking it. Dec 10, 2003, 18:27 Cartman

Went and picked up the game at CompUSA and installed the multiplayer add-on. Been playing it all afternoon.

This is what the original game should've been but then it wouldn't be only $10! Gotta be the best gaming value around.

25. Re: No subject Dec 10, 2003, 18:17 Jerry S Ku

they should've put the smoke grenade with the Gunners, and the concussion grenade with the Rangers. Gunners are a total waste of time in the huge expanses of XMP, and snipers easily dominate over everyone. If smoke had belonged to the Gunners, maybe they'd be able to get somewhere without being picked off so quickly.

i'm still wondering if i should get U2 at compusa...... the potential frustrations from sniper attacks is already pretty high from the demo.

24. Re: No subject Dec 10, 2003, 15:04 sponge

NoGodForMe: You play on the HV vehicles server? Awesome server, it's nearly full whenever I feel like going into a big game (I feel you lose the teamplay aspect a bit however) though it's a real blast!

23. No subject Dec 10, 2003, 12:50 space captain

Sorry but this smokes Tribes 2... and I love Tribes 2

time to go out and get de CD

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

22. Re: hmmmm Dec 10, 2003, 11:05 John

wtf is a turrent?

A commonly misspelled word for turret.

This space is available for rent

21. No subject Dec 10, 2003, 09:03 NoGodForMe

It was ok, but I'm already bored with it.
Servers are laggy, hard to find one that's not full. And then when I find one, the teams are uneven. Even if it's 8 on 8, the other team can have good players that own. So finding a good even match, is difficult. That's why I like servers with 40+ people on them, because the game is usually even.
If no vehicle is available, I have to run to the enemy base, where snipers pick me off. I get tired of being picked off and not knowing where the shot came from. I don't have time to wait for vehicles to spawn.
It was fun for a few days, but I'm back to Tribes2 on the HV server, where 60 people play, and most matches are even, and I can get a vehicle, get to the enemy base, and cap.
I like the vehicle "purchase" system better, because at least I know I can get a vehicle. In Halo or XMP, you're waiting for it to spawn, and have no idea if it ever will.

20. Re: hmmmm Dec 10, 2003, 09:03 Gandhi

wtf is a turrent?

It's a Bit-Torrent file that annihilates your computer if you don't allow file sharing when downloading

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

19. Re: hmmmm Dec 10, 2003, 09:01 Gandhi

as Tribes 2 is so cheap why not just buy that instead

Because I could never get it to run on my system no matter what I tried. Donwloaded all those innumerable patches, but still no go. I still have the disc somewhere - probably would be put to better use as a coaster

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

18. Re: hmmmm Dec 10, 2003, 08:29 Fingers M

wtf is a turrent?

17. Cool! Dec 10, 2003, 07:11 Cartman

I've been loving the XMP demo and with CompUSA's price of $9.99 this is a "gotta buy" deal.

Downloading right now...

16. Re: hmmmm Dec 10, 2003, 04:26 Mr Gar

"The demo was pretty fun, even though it feels like a waterred down Tribes2 to me"

Exactly, and as Tribes 2 is so cheap why not just buy that instead

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 04:26.

15. Re: hmmmm Dec 10, 2003, 03:42 Cutedge

In one of the canyons in the Garden mission (maybe?) it was taking damage from the canyon inclines even though i wasn't really crashing into anything.

I look forward to user-made maps and the mutators... although without a CD-Key check this will become hacker central in about.... now.

14. Re: hmmmm Dec 10, 2003, 02:46 TimothyB

Is there a way to repair a vehicle with a tech or something? They also seem very unstable, like I mentioned when touching the enemies'one. I hate when it's on fire and just bumping into something at 2 mph and it explodes.

13. Re: hmmmm Dec 10, 2003, 02:08 John

Yeah, I was riding passenger once when my driver drove over the hills in the demo. I didn't realize we could go over them so easy. heh

As for the tanks, I think they should be a little stronger too. A turrent can take one down in just a few seconds.

This space is available for rent

12. Re: hmmmm Dec 10, 2003, 02:05 Beelzebud

This is one quality game. I've been having a blast with it all night. I can't get over how damn cool it is.

11. Re: hmmmm Dec 10, 2003, 02:01 TimothyB

Luckily while in the demo I haven't encounterd heavy sniper fire. I'm guessing the turrents can quickly send a sniper running. I did find it easy myself, incredible zoom distance. But at least there is a tracer with the team color.

Anyone take the buggy up the hills in the middle and hit the booster up it, you can get some air with that.

With the tanks, they should limit the weapons that can hurt it. Like in BF1942, average guns didn't do anything, only explosives. The tanks damage to easily and make it pointless, they need to be more powerful.

Also, if the enemy buggy taps your buggy, both explode.

10. hmmmm Dec 10, 2003, 01:43 Jerry S Ku

I really like the demo, but the snipers seem too overpowered. When I'm a sniper, i kill far too many people and I feel like far too much coordination on the part of the enemy is required to evade my fatal attacks. If someone spots me, i can easily speed jump jet away and just heal up with my own med packs, then hop back into combat. Nevermind that i can pop smoke grenades behind me to cover my escape.

Sniping is easy to do, too. Huge wide open expanses with very little cover. Slow moving targets everywhere. Only troops within vehicles can evade sniper attacks.... but only so many players can pile into the rare vehicles.

So i'm kinda in a love-hate relationship with the XMP demo right now, and dont' know if i should shell out $10 for the full XMP. It's just 10 bucks but...... I'm really cheap.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 01:44.

9. Re: No subject Dec 10, 2003, 00:24 TimothyB

Just came back from CompUSA. They had 3 left, but had no idea where they are They had plenty of the 19.99 verions, the exact same box, but without Civ II jewel case stickered to the back. It was kind of stupid actually. They were still selling the regular box without a freegame more than the one with the free game, and wouldn't budge on the price when they couldn't find the 9.99 version their computer says they have in.

Well, I almost bought it for the 19.99. But then I thought, BestBuy is nextdoor. Ran over there, found their 19.99 one, and they priced matched it to the CompUSA 9.99 ad.

So for those who find it out of stock at CompUSA, BestBuy will pricematch it, though you don't get CivII.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo