Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Black & White 2 Diary

The Black & White 2: Dev Diary #2 on GameSpy features John McLean-Foreman describing how the pivotal character of the Creature is evolving for the upcoming Black & White sequel. He describes updated AI, new physics, new animations, differences between creatures, and more.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Ok... Dec 9, 2003, 09:36 Sphinx

That was the most frustrating part of the first one, and the fact that the resources were so limited.

There was an exploit in B&W1 for unlimited resources with the retail release (no patches). Just bring the hand over the resource center and have some of the resource you need in your hand. Tap really fast and you'd pile up the resources then. It's the only thing that made me actually play the game as long as I did.

Last time I make the mistake of buying a game solely based on a mainstream websites review.

-Sphinx
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Ok... Dec 9, 2003, 09:33 Sphinx

Creston, wishing he had the moolah to get DS9 on DVD. Who the fuck ever came up with the idea of selling them for 100+ dollars a season??

They know the super fanboys will do it so it therefore leaves it out of the reach of the rest of us. Which is a real shame considering I can't even find Ds9 on sydnication here in Dallas.

-Sphinx

8. Wasn't B&W1 Dec 9, 2003, 09:15 Sphinx

Wasn't the first one bad enough? One of the worst games ever.  
-Sphinx

7. Re: Demos.. Dec 9, 2003, 01:58 Wowbagger_TIP

All games should release a demo before the game is out. That way we know what is shit and what is worth the cash. I never buy games as soon as they hit the shelf unless i've either been part of the beta and know it's good, or know someone else who has.

"God isn't interested in technology. He cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time, forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men!"

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: Ok... Dec 8, 2003, 22:06 anon@24.76

hope it is more like populus.

You HAVE to have the followers killing off the people that dont believe in their god.
Thats the whole point of religions!

That was the most frustrating part of the first one, and the fact that the resources were so limited.

5. Demos.. Dec 8, 2003, 22:06 Frijoles

Some games should wait until the release of a game or just after it for their demo to come out (Deus Ex 2). And some games are like B&W2 where they need to come out before the game. There were a lot of burned people from B&W1, like me. I'd only consider buying it after I played a demo. And even then I wouldn't really trust it. Let's hope they have a good demo.

4. Re: Ok... Dec 8, 2003, 20:15 Creston

I'm kinda looking forward to it, but it's more of a "Wait and see" excited than "I HAVE TO GET THIS!!!!1!!!!1!!111!!"

The original B&W was fun for awhile, but eventually just became frustrating and extremely repetitive. The new one seems to be more of a Populous game with the added benefit of the monster thrown in.

It'll depend on when it comes out if I get it or not. If nothing else is out, I probably will get it.

Creston, wishing he had the moolah to get DS9 on DVD. Who the fuck ever came up with the idea of selling them for 100+ dollars a season??

3. Re: Ok... Dec 8, 2003, 20:07 ZzeusS

I liked it at first, but too much tamagotchi handholding of the creature.

If BW2 does what it says it's supposed to do, IE more war and destruction, then I'm all over it.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 20:50.

2. Re: Ok... Dec 8, 2003, 19:48 amygdala

I recall being very excited about B&W originally.

And then I spent $50, took it home, and played it.

I became angry with it, and never finished it.

Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to the sequel.

1. Ok... Dec 8, 2003, 19:07 Ray Marden

...I am completely apathetic toward this game after playing the first one, but are people still looking forward to this? For some reason, I thought that this had already come out.

Not sure which is worse: DS9 on DVD ending...or Voyager beginning :o,
Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, let's play nice now.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.guzzlefish.com/collection.php?username=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..