Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

• Unreal II XMP
    The Adrenaline Vault's Unreal II XMP Q&A chats with Legend's Scott Dalton about the upcoming expanded multiplayer add-on for Unreal II. They discuss the origins of the project, game types, player classes, vehicles, weapons, maps and more.
  • Gaming in 2004
    HomeLAN Fed kicks off a series of Q&As on upcoming developments in the gaming industry, chatting with Zombie's John Williamson, Human Head's Tim Gerritsen, and 3000AD's Derek Smart.
  • Hordes of the Underdark
    The Jay Watamaniuk Q&A on JeuxOnline is the English version of their conversation (also available in French) with BioWare's community coordinator. They discuss the Hordes of the Underdark expansion, as well as general questions about the D&D RPG. Thanks Maximus.
  • FemDevs
    The FemDevs Roundtable #5 on Warcry News Network resumes their group discussion with female MMORPG developers, discussing the preposterous phenomenon of the chain-mail bikini.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Why buy Unreal 2004? Dec 8, 2003, 20:48 Talamius

2003 looked amazing too way back when but the gameplay was shit

I've been impressed with XMP. It's like Planetside + fun + no fee + decent gfx + good teamplay + a fucking POINT + jetpacks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Why buy Unreal 2004? Dec 8, 2003, 15:11 TwiNCannoN

Check out the UT2004 movies floating around and compare them to XMP and you will see why. Simply put, 2004 looks amazing, and XMP is crap.

5. Re: Why buy Unreal 2004? Dec 8, 2003, 13:39 jeremiah

ack, completely forgot Bombingrun... InstaGib Bombingrun is sooo fun

4. Re: Why buy Unreal 2004? Dec 8, 2003, 11:58 Hump

I find it odd that they are releasing two competing games and one is free.

If both games are good then people will play both, I think Atari finally got that through their heads.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing: Armed and Dangerous, Dues Ex 1, Halo MP, DC .5. Hotly Anticipating: Firestarter, UT2004, Far Cry Pondering: Second Life Listening to: Dropkick Murp

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Re: Why buy Unreal 2004? Dec 8, 2003, 11:50 Gandhi

I did not buy Unreal 2 until I heard about XMP last week. Just picked it up Sunday from CompUSA for $10 (and it included a full version of Civ 2!). Now, to wait for XMP to be released in a week or two

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

2. Re: Why buy Unreal 2004? Dec 8, 2003, 11:21 jeremiah

XMP does not have DM, TDM, CTF, Onslaught, Assault, or Domination and you cannot play any of the mods for UT2k3/4. There are *plenty* of reasons to buy UT2k4...

EDIT: spelling...

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 11:22.

1. Why buy Unreal 2004? Dec 8, 2003, 10:35 nightfend

Seriously, this is a free multiplayer expansion that seems to offer interesting and innovative multiplayer. I'd imagine this would actually hurt the sales of Unreal Tourn. 2004. I find it odd that they are releasing two competing games and one is free.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo