Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Invisible War Demo

Considerably earlier than expected, the public version of the Deus Ex: Invisible War demo is now available for download. Here's word: "Only one event has been more anticipated than the December 3rd release of Deus Ex: Invisible War, and that is the release of the pre-release playable demo for Deus Ex: Invisible War. The demo gives an incredible glimpse into the unique player choice gameplay. Alex D needs transport in a jet held by Sophia Sak, mercenary. There are many ways to resolve the challenges in getting your ride, it's up to you how to choose to make it happen. You've got a few biomods and a few weapons at your disposal, but are they necessary. Will you use wits or brawn? And do you have enough of either to make it happen?" The 224 MB demo can be found on the Eidos Interactive Website, and mirrored on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games Online, DeusEx2Files, FileFront, Filerush, FileShack (registration required), Gamer's Hell, Games Fusion, GameSpot DLX (registration required), GameTab, IGN, Loadedinc (registration required), NWSGaming, Pixelrage.ro, and Worthplaying.

View
352 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

112. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 15:03 RoachMojo

Oh man...

DX was just incredible. This...well...I was actually hoping for a revamped DX with a new story, not a dumbed-down version of DX. I care nothing about the graphics, only the bastardized gameplay.

This is Deus XBox...

We can thank all the warezing haxoring little bitches of the world for this. Developers are tired of losing money, that is all. I have become so against warezing games because of this trend, that I won't even talk to some of my gamer friends anymore. All they do is warez and laugh about it, so proud of themselves. Well now we all pay the price with Deus Xbox...

Please, PC Gamers of the world: DON'T WAREZ! It's not too late to save System Shock 3!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

111. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 15:01 Mystical PotatoHead Groove Thang

Well DUHHHHHHHH.

110. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 14:58 Bunko

I'm just annoyed with everyone screaming how lame the game is when it really isn't that bad. You're making people not want to try it out for themselves.

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

109. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 14:52 DrEvil

"EDIT: And PLEASE stop screaming and whining and saying you won't buy the final product. Wait until the game comes out before you completely demonize everything."

The whole point of demos is to entice people into buying the game. If you don't like the demo why the hell should you buy the game? The developers would/should have taken the opportunity of a demo to show you some of the best aspects of the game in an effort to sell you on it. It's perfectly reasonable to not be interested in a game based on the shitty gameplay or whatever shown in the demo. I think you're confusing a demo with a beta.

108. Nothing like waking up on a Saturday... Nov 22, 2003, 14:43 Hunterzyph

...to be greeted with the dregs of yesterday. This must be some sort of nightmare!

107. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 14:43 4D-Boxing

"EDIT: And PLEASE stop screaming and whining and saying you won't buy the final product. Wait until the game comes out before you completely demonize everything."

So we are supposed to buy the full game to have an opinion? Or are you saying we should wait until we find an un biased reviews?

They released the demo so people could get a taste and decide if they will buy it or not, at least that's what i've always believed demos where for. Anyways if you can't stand peoples comments don't check out the comment section

Now i'm really gone for good, packing my pc up and moving to Jersey!

106. truly, shitty shitty shitty! Nov 22, 2003, 14:39 Seek

and stinky farty smelly!

-lewis black

105. No subject Nov 22, 2003, 14:29 Bunko

After completing the demo by killing everyone at Sak's place, I find the game lacks something. The combat lacks something. I find the game lacks a certain punch. The weapons seem ineffective and unrealistic. Sneaking doesn't work that well. And it seems all too easy. I don't think it's bad but I'm quite sure it will not have the classic status of the first. I think the designers may have fixed too many things that weren't broken.

But for a final judgement, I'm definately going to hold out until the full game is said and done.

EDIT: And PLEASE stop screaming and whining and saying you won't buy the final product. Wait until the game comes out before you completely demonize everything.

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22
This comment was edited on Nov 22, 14:31.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

104. Re: This Quote Says It All Nov 22, 2003, 14:25 ReDeeMeR

WTG asshole(Warren Spector)

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 14:27.

103. WoW Nov 22, 2003, 14:23 Xero

This game ran asstastic. Screw Deus Ex, I played enough of it in the original, no need to come back for more. Tired of it. Carry on folks, nothing to see here, I suggest waiting for Far Cry.

Pentium 4, 2.6ghz 800Mhz FSB
1024MB PC3200
Geforce 4 Ti4400 128MB DDR

Currently playing: Skyrim

102. Re: This Quote Says It All Nov 22, 2003, 14:20 Scottish Martial Arts

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

Nevermind that the gameplay (most important part in my book) remains essentially unchanged, only the presentation has.

101. Re: I'm a sad panda...:( Nov 22, 2003, 14:19 Robert Martens

Fair enough, though I wasn't directing my comments at you in particular.

I can see what you mean, though, in that the shortcuts taken for the XBox version, while acceptable for that platform, shouldn't exist in the PC version. A few adjustments here and there for the different systems the game runs on, and it might be easier to deal with.

I'm probably gonna buy the game anyway, and try to like it, but I fear I won't be ABLE to get to the actual game, if I'm constantly distracted by this awkward interface ("interface" meaning the way you interact with the world, not just that circular menu system).

And that new hacking setup....man, doubleyoo-tee-eff?
This comment was edited on Nov 22, 14:20.

"You can't tell the plumber your sh*t doesn't stink." - Bob Martens (my father)

100. Re: This Quote Says It All Nov 22, 2003, 14:18 DrEvil

you're a

DUMB ASS
DUMB ASS
DUMB ASS

99. Re: This Quote Says It All Nov 22, 2003, 14:16 wasrad

Warren Spector can go fuckhimself with an Xbox. I really would like to see what he has to say about this wonderful work of shit and his feedback to all of the comments by PC gamers.

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

SELL OUTS

98. This Quote Says It All Nov 22, 2003, 14:07 KaptinGimpy

Warren Spector himself:

"GameSpy: How has co-developing Invisible War for the Xbox affected the PC version?
Spector: We started right at the outset wanting to make a game simultaneously for both the Xbox and the PC. So, what we did was we set the bar at the Xbox level"

http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/september03/spector/

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 14:08.

97. Re: I'm a sad panda...:( Nov 22, 2003, 14:05 Mad Max RW

Look, if they can get the game to run like it's supposed to I *might* pick it up for laughs. But this is a console port. It'll NEVER run well.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 14:05.

96. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 14:04 Ray Marden

Personally, I find the physics particularly dull. At the very least, the really need to work on the kinetic energy of everything; I can barely toss a box, but I can send it flying by just walking into it. Second, I did already play through Max Payne 2 so the Havok physics engine no longer has its "new" feeling.

On a similar note, the physics-based gameplay in Half-Life 2 seems much more creative and/or balanced.

Off to install KotOR,
(Sith?) Ray

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really, truly hate my computer!
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.guzzlefish.com/collection.php?username=ray_marden
I love you, mom

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

95. Re: I'm a sad panda...:( Nov 22, 2003, 14:01 Ray Marden

I am not bashing consoles outright - I own all three - but it certainly feels/seems like a number of shortcuts were made for the console version and it really shows. I mean, the game's (static) logo looks like crap because it is in such a low resolution; the only way it would ever look "fine" would be on a television screen.

Then, you just have all the things like low-resolution textures, limited texture types (the one, same poster is in the level like ten times), very small levels, the interface that outright neglects basic mouse features (dragging and dropping), controls that act as toggles rather than being dynamic, the vibration option, huge font size, some items needing a button press rather than accepting mouse input, etc.

Yes, a number of these items are always issues in games, but the type and combination as a whole really, really scream "console" to me. I expect it to be a good game for the Xbox, but it really feels like the PC version was shortchanged, even more so because of how the first game was designed.

Finding the input a bit more bearable with sensitivity set to 25,
Ray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really, truly hate my computer!
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.guzzlefish.com/collection.php?username=ray_marden
I love you, m

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

94. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 13:54 Scottish Martial Arts

About being the "best looking game out there" you have to learn to open your eyes. Even the first Deus Ex looks better. If you want something more recent try UT23k. Overall it looks nice and runs like a dream.

You accuse IW of having cartoonish models and then hold up UT2k3 as an example of the opposite: WTF? Do you think the Doom3 models look cartoonish as well? They look very much like DXIW models. The notion that DX1 looks better is utter bullshit and you know it. While I know many people are having erratic performance, the game is running absolutely fine on my midrange rig.

While my rig may be the exception rather than the rule I think the game looks and runs great. My only complaint graphics wise is the washed out effect during cutscenes and the low res textures. The textures shouldn't be an issue however as the demo was released without high res textures in order to keep the download size down, kinda like UT2k3.

To say DXIW has shit graphics that look worse than the first DX is just utter crap. If nothing else the graphics in IW convey atmosphere, something that the original failed to do.

Honestly I have to wonder if I'm playing the same game as many of the posters here. My only complaint is manipulation of the inventory, biomods and notes screen is a bit of pain. Even the HUD, that was supposed to be horribly intrusive and ruin immersion, is proving to work fine. I probably shouldn't bother trying to defend the game because if the majority of the posters are saying the game sucks dick after having only played the prerelease demo for 10-15 minutes, there is no way in hell I will be able to convince them otherwise.

93. No subject Nov 22, 2003, 13:53 Hump

I like tossing the crates...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing: Freedom Fighters, FragOps, CoD, Halo MP, DC .5. Hotly Anticipating: Armed & Dangerous, SWAT: Urban Ops, Firestarter, UT2004.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

352 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo