Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Invisible War Demo

Considerably earlier than expected, the public version of the Deus Ex: Invisible War demo is now available for download. Here's word: "Only one event has been more anticipated than the December 3rd release of Deus Ex: Invisible War, and that is the release of the pre-release playable demo for Deus Ex: Invisible War. The demo gives an incredible glimpse into the unique player choice gameplay. Alex D needs transport in a jet held by Sophia Sak, mercenary. There are many ways to resolve the challenges in getting your ride, it's up to you how to choose to make it happen. You've got a few biomods and a few weapons at your disposal, but are they necessary. Will you use wits or brawn? And do you have enough of either to make it happen?" The 224 MB demo can be found on the Eidos Interactive Website, and mirrored on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games Online, DeusEx2Files, FileFront, Filerush, FileShack (registration required), Gamer's Hell, Games Fusion, GameSpot DLX (registration required), GameTab, IGN, Loadedinc (registration required), NWSGaming, Pixelrage.ro, and Worthplaying.

View
352 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

132. Re: OMG! Nov 22, 2003, 20:14 Acleacius

Bob try this thread for editing many problems I didnt list, such as damage and font size.

http://www.ionstorm.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP619612110&id=34880

There are even fixes for the rather ridiculas setting of it takes 2 shots for AI to get HOSTILE, also the OBSENCE text size and many more. Good Luck

PS its the Default.ini in Your installed Dir/system and sorry cnat help with the unified ammo you have to talk to Harvey about that one

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 20:20.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

131. Re: OMG! Nov 22, 2003, 19:55 RegularX

Played at 1024 without a hitch for me. No performance problems at all. Many demos have performance problems with specific platforms, but people are acting like this is some cardinal sin.

And gosh, I guess I missed the memo where every FPS game must have locational damage. Maybe it wasn't added so it wouldn't turn into a shoulders/headshot CS fest.

No, no, I'm sure it's just that they don't know what they're doing.

130. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 19:43 joen51

Yes... A system shock 3 would be very nice. i liked them both very much! I liked deus ex also very very much, like thief. they stood out from the rest of the games. Looking glass vision ruled big time back then. And after seeing the demo of DXIW(i hope its just the demo)i reallised the spirit of looking glass sadly died!

129. Re: OMG! Nov 22, 2003, 19:26 Bob

ya, tell me which .ini I need to edit to restore locational body damage.

I signed the petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/DXIWDemo/petition.html

128. Re: OMG! Nov 22, 2003, 19:13 Species8472

90% of the complaints can be solved by editing a text file!

no, it can not; such a crappy performance can't be undone with ini-editing. and it's not just one guy or a special type of hardware, there are many with complaints about that issue. it's somewhat poor programing (and I'm in no way the one that accuses this on a regular base!!) but to make such a mess with ini's is just unacceptable - they should have parted the XBox and PC stuff and optimize better; as someone said even the DOOM3 alpha ran better than this demo - and it has an even more advanced engine...

--------------------------------------------------
everyone who finds a spelling error can keep it and use it as a base for his own errors

--------------------------------------------------
"...you don't see me - 'cause I don't have much to say..."
http://www.gathering.nl

127. OMG! Nov 22, 2003, 18:58 RegularX

90% of the complaints can be solved by editing a text file! There's no way any of these issues will be solved by the time the final release hits!! This is an outrage!!!!!

126. What were they smoking? Nov 22, 2003, 18:12 Xoxotl

I won't get into a bitch-fest, but I'll say I was, ahem, disappointed by the demo.

But what really stands out:
  • No locational damage.

• A uniform single ammo supply

• I realize that this is supposed to be The Future, but it's a little hard to suspend disbelief when they're asking me to assume that the pistol, shotgun, flamethrower, and shock prod all have a common pool ammo source.

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.

125. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 18:07 Quan

DeusEX: Diakatana 2

124. No subject Nov 22, 2003, 17:20 Acleacius

Yes, please play it found out for yourself how, if this isnt an example of a rushed out demo then it would be sad to think this is a premium example of IS work, they are far to talented for this.
    They must have been exausted beyond belief to miss all the problems in the demo. Most settings are for the XBOX, fans are being FORCED to FIX THIS, because IS has not released a patch.
    Here are a few of the problems,probably mentioned before, aoopligies to those offend

THere are 4 DIFFERENT .ini files where settings must be changed.
    Keysettings DONT save
    Video Settings DONT save
    MouseLag is set to 75, should be 0 for PC
    Engine cache is set to 1 FRICKING MEG should be about 30
    Volumetric Lighting is OFF
    Trilinear Filtering is OFF
    Hud display is set to 61 should be 68 -70 for PC
    Detailed textures is OFF
    32 bit textures is OFF

INI files are set to READ ONLY making the sve configs impossible.

Guess what that isnt all now Envision just with the list I have posted here (it can be verified on IS forum page) that thousands of people downlaoded this. What would your reaction be if you didnt know this infomation that some of US fans figured out OURSELVES.
    It would look crapy, play crapy and run crapy because it was issued with basicly the worst possible settings and NO INSTRUCTION for the average player on how to FIX IT.

NOW STFU

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

123. Re: This Quote Says It All Nov 22, 2003, 16:45 wasrad

YOu dont get it, do you?

Thats not the point.

It is not the point at all.

Its people like you that have caused this game to be what it is. You will accept whatever is handed to you.

Whatever, thats your thing.

122. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 16:13 Chance

Bunko: "I'm just annoyed with everyone screaming how lame the game is when it really isn't that bad. You're making people not want to try it out for themselves."

Bunko, I wouldn't worry about that. I downloaded the demo last night and I'll try it later today. Too many of these people whine about everything and I've ceased to place that much confidence in what I read on the boards here (at least in the first 24 hours when the whining is at it's loudest). Sad isn't it? To use an old phrase, these people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope. I'll make my own mind up and I suspect a lot of other people will too. And I'll actually play through the whole thing first

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 16:20.

121. No subject Nov 22, 2003, 16:09 Acleacius

Didnt see the link to the petition on this thread

http://www.petitiononline.com/DXIWDemo/petition.html

Get over there and tell them what you think.

120. Re: Lackluster on my PC Nov 22, 2003, 15:53 anon@24.76

The interface is horrible from a USABILITY stand point.
    I dont really care how it looks. I works like crap.

No drag and drop.
    cant use the mouse on some menus.
    have to press esc before you can press v, b, n.
    and other bs like that.

119. Lackluster on my PC Nov 22, 2003, 15:48 Elrix

The interface certainly does scream console, to such an extent that I'm actually going to switch my pre-order from the PC version to the Xbox version based on how this demo ran on my current gaming rig.

118. Strange. Nov 22, 2003, 15:47 RegularX

Everyone keeps talking like keeping an XBox bar is somehow a sin against nature. Odd, I can't get XBox owners to STFU about how great the console looks. Maybe it could have looked better if they had primed it for a PC, but it still looks pretty good. What exactly are you guys comparing this against? HL2? Doom3? Far Cry? Some other game that hasn't come out yet? Not every game has to put "raise graphics bar to sell more video cards". On my box (P4, 512MB, R9700), this game ran just peachy, minus some odd light artifacts which I'd expect to see fixed in the final version.

It looks like DX2 will have the same stuff I loved about the original. You can use your head if you want to, even to win a fight. Soften some guards up with a spiderbomb, knock over the toxic barrel then use that to bait them in.

And the physics are fun, much more like the "interactive world" Spector first described. Plus, having a pet leech ball and spider hopping around is just neat.

I didn't like the interface, esp. the biomod selection. The circular HUD is neat, but seemed too close to the center of my view. I also didn't seem to be able to get drunk, which kinda sucked...

This one is still definately on my buy list.

117. Re: No SS3 Nov 22, 2003, 15:28 G_mann

I got 5 words to say to thoes complaing or calling Warren Sepector either a ass or a sellout:

Want some Cheese with that whine.

In fact here's a link for you:

www.cheese.com

116. Re: No SS3 Nov 22, 2003, 15:24 mag

No! There will be no optimism here! This is the forum of broken dreams!

115. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 15:19 Riker

At the very least, the really need to work on the kinetic energy of everything; I can barely toss a box, but I can send it flying by just walking into it

I think you must be dropping items (r-mouse) rather than throwing them (l-mouse). I can throw anything a surprisingly far distance.

P.S. Gimme System Shock 3, pleeease!!

114. No SS3 Nov 22, 2003, 15:11 RoachMojo

I know, Mag, but I can dream, can't I?

113. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 15:08 mag

It was too late to save System Shock 3 when no one bought 2 and Looking Glass perished.

352 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 12.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo