Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Full DX: Invisible War Demo Delay

The folks from GameSpy Industries send along a clarification that because of the delay (story) in the release of the Deus Ex: Invisible War Demo on FilePlanet (story), the worldwide release to the public will also be delayed, and rather than occurring during the chat session later today as originally announced, it will now take place "24 hours from now."

View
84 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

84. anyone complaining READ THIS Jan 2, 2004, 16:45 yoyhed

there are answers to most of the complaints here, except that it has been console-ized.

1. "it runs poorly."
A: it's your own damn fault. format, turn off 8xAF and 4xAA.

2. "there's no antialiasing!"
A: that's what the multisampling option is, dumbass.

3. "all the textures are blurry!"
A: you didn't even mess around with the options? just uncheck "bloom" and everything's crisp!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

83. and another complaint.. Nov 22, 2003, 14:06 wasrad

...whoever coded the mouse input needs to be fired, too.

82. Re: teh fuckage? Nov 22, 2003, 11:15 SexyDino

which version of driver you're using? I have same card, but i couldn't start a game.

81. Re: damn x-box Nov 22, 2003, 09:57 MyRealName

Great. Great job on the demo (and game) guys. Everyone's really pleased.

Ion, are you hiring? I do software QA for a living, and if I was in charge of DX2's QA, and half of these folks' comments are indicative of the norm, this demo never would've gotten out of MY door. In fact, design would've taken a huge turn LONG ago.

If you guys fuck up Thief 3, it's killin' time.

DX2 a sacrificial lamb, for the sake of future PC gaming resisting the x-box dumb down effect?

It fucking BETTER BE, now.

80. GF FX Nov 22, 2003, 09:49 SexyDino

How can I start this game? I couldn't start in any resolution. Though I changed both user.ini files' properties in 'my doc' and 'deus ex', all settings didn't save. Although everyone says its sucks, I wanna see what's so sucks .. =/

I have GF FX. What do I have to do?

79. geforce4 Nov 22, 2003, 09:34 FrenchBread

Just to mention the GF4 issues.
Gf2 and Gf4mx do NOT support pixel shaders at all.
Gf3 + Gf4ti and above, all support pixel shaders.
(gf3 is PS1.1, gf4ti is PS1.3 if you care)

Nvidia is to blame for their stupid naming conventions. All the developers got mad when they released the GF4mx. Every time you ask 'what gfx card you got?' and people reply 'Geforce4', 90% of them actually mean GF4mx which is just an enhanced Geforce2mx.

78. re:config Nov 22, 2003, 07:42 Yakumo

oops, was very late (uk) and a few drinks down, didn't think to look through my docs, first game i've had that dumped stuff in there, tbh i hate things doing tht for me..
/me dumbass

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 07:47.

77. Sad Day in the Gaming Industry Nov 22, 2003, 04:18 Communist

Even more sad is the fact that this isn't the first, or the last. This really depresses me. I saw it with Halo, but that didn't bother me because there were alternatives. But in my eyes, there is no alternative to the first Deus Ex, until now with the sequel I thought.
I'm seriously getting fed up of the us (the PC Gaming Community) having to put up with the very less powerful consoles. If a company wants to make their game more accessible, fine: but don't fucking bail on the people that made you a success. The same thing happened with GTA. It was a hit with a smart audience, and then it was streamlined and moved to console. No looking back at the PC, until a year later when this blatently unfinished port get's released. Thanks guys! I guess now that we know Half-Life 2 is coming out on X-Box it will be a steaming (no pun intended) pile of shit.

Anyway it's quite late and my thoughts are all mixed but I think you get the jist of what I'm trying to say...
On a final bitter note, Bill Gates can shove his fucking X-BOX up his fucking ass, it'll probably fit nice and snug.

76. No subject Nov 22, 2003, 03:52 Acleacius

http://www.petitiononline.com/DXIWDemo/petition.html
If your intrested in voicing your oppinion.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

75. Re: damn x-box Nov 22, 2003, 00:55 -=StackSmasher=-

I'm pretty diappointed. I have been looking forward to this game more than HL2 and Doom3, and it looks like the Xbox has dragged it down into the abyss. It has gone completely "console", the performance is mediocre on high end systems, the HUD is godawful, no body specific damage to your character, a shotgun blast to the head doesn't kill a guard, crouch is toggle only, and there is a "unified ammo" system. Al weapons draw on the same ammo supply. Bloody mess, Ugh. And the mouse control is anything but smooth, like unreal 1 on a TNT1.

I'm quite crestfallen, I f**king hate the X-Box, it is killing PC games.

Precisely. I couldn't have cared less about the XBox before. But now that M$ is playing this game with the PC developers, it is infuriating to watch potentially great games like this get 'dumbed down', stolen for marketing purposes, etc all for the glory of M$ and their console...

I will be canceling my pre-order and awaiting the reviews.

--Registered Linux User #227032
--Get Counted!: http://counter.li.org

--
Registered Linux User #227032
Get Counted!: http://counter.li.org

74. Re: To Ion Storm... Nov 22, 2003, 00:21 Halsy

Yep, I was very underwhelmed to say the least. I'll be giving DX2 a pass for sure. That's just garbage.
Oh well, Kotor is good and I'm going to pick up X2 the Threat next week so I won't miss DX2.
What a let down.

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. Where the laws do not operate, there is no reality."
- Mr. Spock

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

73. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2003, 00:06 wasrad

not to mention the fact that the whole game is just simply designed to be played from a controller users standpoint.

Warren and Harvey should just kill themselves for betraying so many people, seriously.

I thought the only thing that was going to be consolized was the interface and I had no problem with that. Im not gonna point out the obvious colsoleized aspects of the game, as they have already been pointed out.

God damn it. God fucking damn it. To all you fuckers who talked shit cuz Ive lost hope in the gaming industry, I fucking told you cocksuckers so.

72. No subject Nov 22, 2003, 00:00 Acleacius

NO NO NO, tell me this is a dream please I want to wake up and find the REAL Deus Ex.

please please, DONT PUBLISH THIS AT LEAST ON THE PC, not like this, god no dont do this, shit im gonna go cry now.

I cant believe im saying this, but just let it be a shity XBOX game dont do this to the PC people. Hell Deus Ex is on my machine RIGHT NOW I would have put my money down for this game over Doom 3 for sure and maybe Half-Life 2.

It certainly doesnt help that the demo isnt ready for primetime, ie keybindings dont save, if you get to the start game screen you CANT back out to do a setting.
If you are gonna force us to live with this in THIS condition, please I beg you at least give us PC people away to turn of that XBox interface CRAP, HUD.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

71. To Ion Storm... Nov 21, 2003, 23:52 wasrad

Please release a version of this game meant for PC gamers you fucking M$ sell outs, and NO, I do not like your hat of money.

Thanks...for really fucking up on this...

With that said, X2 is out the 25th. w00t!
This comment was edited on Nov 21, 23:58.

70. Re: damn x-box Nov 21, 2003, 23:46 cia

Everyone who enjoyed the first game, send a spicy email to Eidos and let them know how 'lucrative' their console-crap is going to be.

Now I am interested to hear Warren pontificate about consoles. What can he say now that thier influence has demonstratably damaged this game irrepealably?

69. Re: damn x-box Nov 21, 2003, 23:40 cia

Well, fuck consoles, they seem to be dumbing down PC games and controls. Pirates of the Caribbean and now this. Halo suffered as well, with its repetitive indoor maps.

If this piracy thing works like the corporations says it does, we should have no console market in five years.

68. damn x-box Nov 21, 2003, 23:32 Mono

I'm pretty diappointed. I have been looking forward to this game more than HL2 and Doom3, and it looks like the Xbox has dragged it down into the abyss. It has gone completely "console", the performance is mediocre on high end systems, the HUD is godawful, no body specific damage to your character, a shotgun blast to the head doesn't kill a guard, crouch is toggle only, and there is a "unified ammo" system. Al weapons draw on the same ammo supply. Bloody mess, Ugh. And the mouse control is anything but smooth, like unreal 1 on a TNT1.

I'm quite crestfallen, I f**king hate the X-Box, it is killing PC games.

Flames > /dev/null

67. bleh Nov 21, 2003, 23:31 Frijoles

Add me to the list of people who don't like the demo. It was lagged at 1024x768, so I lowered it. Runs fine now, but looks like shit. That's not the problem. I absolutely hate the interface. It's not that I can't see, it's that it's a pain in the ass to use. I think I need more time with it, however. The non-saving config file (need to double check to make sure I turned off readonly) forced me to quit for the night.

Bleh.. think I'll be canceling my preorder tomorrow.

66. Re: config Nov 21, 2003, 23:23 revelation

The 'user' ini files are read only. You can find one in your 'my documents\deus ex - invisible war' folder and the other in the install folder. Just check off the 'read only' box in the properties window. No idea why this happened.

65. Re: Reiteration: The Xbox killed DX2 Nov 21, 2003, 22:57 JediLuke

Who took over everything and turned it shit?

Isn't it obvious?

The terrorists.

Now you must continue to pay for crappy products, <cliche> OR THE TERRORISTS WILL WIN! </cliche>

~Steve

84 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo