Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Public Secret Weapons Over Normandy Demo

The demo for Secret Weapons Over Normandy previously available only to registered FilePlanet users is now freely available, and no longer requires an EZPad installation key. The 160 MB sample of LucasArts and Totally Games' upcoming World War II flying combat game is available from 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, Boomtown (registration required), FilePlanet (registration required), GameTab, Pixelrage.ro, and Worthplaying.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. WTF?? Nov 21, 2003, 02:14 chili pepper

This reviewer must be on crack. He gives it 8.7 out 10.

http://www.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r21961.htm

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Worst game ever made Nov 21, 2003, 01:08 chili pepper

This game is beyond bad, even for an arcade game.
Graphics, sound, controls, physics, gameplay, all crap.
You can't even land or take off manually. The computer does it all for you.

Anyone try the Pacific Warrriors 2 demo?

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 01:11.

12. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2003, 12:56 Valtyr

Very disappointing.

The controls are sluggish, the camera's are "useless" and it's a very half-assed consoloe port.

I didn't expect this to be a realistic flight simulator at all, but considering previous Holland games, this one just isn't worth it's money.

11. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2003, 09:46 [AIX]Hood

Around the same time when they started making demos exclusive and use hassle-ware.

10. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2003, 08:53 Randy

When I play a game, the suckiness will rise to the top within the first few minutes of playing. This one was no different.

At what point did LucasArts.. LucasFilms.. and just plain Lucas give up on making something good?

9. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2003, 08:53 Randy

When I play a game, the suckiness will rise to the top within the first few minutes of playing. This one was no different.

8. No subject Nov 18, 2003, 03:34 Rainier

There is always the Worthplaying mirror for your download needs

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=14470

7. Re: any good? Nov 18, 2003, 03:26 Mystical PotatoHead Groove Thang

And when're you gonna put retro colour (black background) back, Blue? I notice it's in certain parts of the site still but not on the main page. The blue background sucks, put black back!
BACK IN BLACK!
- ACDC

6. Re: any good? Nov 18, 2003, 03:25 Mystical PotatoHead Groove Thang

It's crap, not worth the dl.

5. Re: demo requires net conn and password Nov 18, 2003, 03:23 Sty

Must have downloaded yours from GameSpy. I downloaded it from 3DGamers and haven't had a problem. No checks, connecting or anything. It's pretty fun. Has 'realism' settings, but I doubt I'll get into it that far. I'll probably pick it up on PS2.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

4. Re: demo requires net conn and password Nov 18, 2003, 03:07 Camaro76

Rumor has it that after you get past the password section, there is a credit check, a rectal exam and an offer to sign up for AOL.

Wow, if it gives you all that with the demo, I wonder what you get with the retail game! (And here I thought Safedisc was a pain in the ass...)

---------------------------------------------
Supporter of the "a happy Blue is a Blue rolling around in a pile of cash" fanclub.

--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

3. Re: demo requires net conn and password Nov 18, 2003, 02:04 B M

Damn, the demo requires and installs a program called ezpad which registers a service and you can't install the damn thing cuz there is no uninstaller.

2. demo requires net conn and password Nov 18, 2003, 01:54 B M

This demo connects to the net, if you don't allow it to connect it will not launch. Spyware? Furthurmore, it requires a machine-specific password. I never got past the password section--I never received a password for the demo.

Rumor has it that after you get past the password section, there is a credit check, a rectal exam and an offer to sign up for AOL.

1. any good? Nov 18, 2003, 00:09 Spiffae

so is it any good?

Admin/Editor - http://www.beyondhalflife.com

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo