Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New H-L Day of Defeat

As promised (following story) Steam News has word that the new beta 1.1 of Half-Life Day of Defeat is now available. The Day of Defeat Update History has details on all the changes, including three new maps, a new menu system, a new in-game browser, a new map marking system, and much more. As described below, this update will only be available via Steam for the time being, and will be released as a "traditional" patch after some testing.

View
6. Re: Maps on War Games Nov 15, 2003, 08:40 BicycleRepairMan

there are actually random mag generators for HL/dod out I think, but nobody ever uses them, besides the maps need a bit of tweaking in a map editor before they are playable.. Also, random maps are rarely any good. But apart from that, I agree with you nothing pisses me more off then comments like "I dont really know this map good enough" or some shit like that. Its a wargame, not football, youre not supposed to "know" the map.

Again I will use this comment to pimp Red Orchestra for UT2003, which is FAR superior to DOD. It doesnt have random maps either, but it certainly plays ALOT more like a real war, and the "know the map"-tactics doesnt really work at all. And there are no stupid GPS or overhead icons and shit like that, all you have is a napkin drawing of the map with some crosses for the objectives, and there are no flags, just areas ie: "the church", "the tractor factory" and so on, there are NO crosshairs so you'll need to use Iron sights, and youll need like 60% of your team in a capture point to capture.

Overall, Red Orchestra is just MUCH MUCH better than DOD, or ANY other game for that matter. You all definatly need to check it out.. theres a link in my sig

Currently playing:
1.Red Orchestra http://www.unrealwarfarex.com/redorchestra/

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 15, 01:46 Now if they'd only make admins legit age Zephalephelah
  2. Nov 15, 02:04  Re: Now if they'd only make admins legit age Two_Sheds
  3. Nov 15, 02:53 I love 1.1 Jerry S Ku
  4. Nov 15, 04:45  Maps on War Games Zephalephelah
  5. Nov 15, 07:56   Re: Maps on War Games Moonbender
  7. Nov 15, 11:52    Re: Maps on War Games Scottish Martial Arts
>> 6. Nov 15, 08:40   Re: Maps on War Games BicycleRepairMan
  8. Nov 15, 16:52    Re: Maps on War Games Bunko