Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Jedi Audigy

Kenn Hoekstra's .plan file has word from the Raven Software Project Administrator of new Audigy drivers that address sound issues some are experiencing in Jedi Academy. Here's the deal:

Creative just released new sound drivers for its Audigy 2 cards last night and they resolve the issues that some people are having with the EAX/sound in Jedi Academy.

We've received reports of high pitched squealing while running the game on Audigy hardware. These new drivers (EAX enhancements, really) fix that problem and several other EAX problems found in many of the newer games out there. Sound performance, in general, seems to be greatly improved.

You can download the new drivers here:
http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Fixed Nov 10, 2003, 13:56 Nibs

Cool a very fast reply from Creative. New drivers work fine now.

From Creative :

As this is a new release, it is possible that you have encountered a
problem that has not been encountered in testing. These drivers have
been thoroughly tested, and no problems were found. It is possible that
the driver was corrupted during the installation.

1. Click START / RUN / Type MSCONFIG and press ENTER.

2. Insert a check to the left of SELECTIVE STARTUP and deselect 'LOAD
STARTUP ITEMS'.

3. Select the SERVICES tab and select HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES.

4. Uncheck all results and click OK.

5. Click OK and reboot when prompted.

Then, try uninstalling and reinstalling the update using the following:

Extract out the EAX4 with Winzip, locate and run CTZAPXX.EXE from the
folder that you
extracted SBA2_EAX4DRV_031031.exe in. When running CTZAPXX.EXE you must
check
the option that states: ?Delete all shared creative audio driver
files.?
As well as the
option to uninstall the drivers.
Click on OKAY, let it uninstall and reboot when requested.
After reboot, cancel pnp wizard, according to standard installation
procedure.
then reinstall the update. Click on the SBA2_EAX4DRV_031031.exe file.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Little Off Topic Nov 8, 2003, 13:45 Rain

Anyone found any other programs that work or that can configure the remote control that comes with the drive bay panel with Audigy cards? I feel ripped off, the only program that I can use it with is their music center thing, and winamp beats that hands down.

I wrote Creative asking them but haven't yet received an answer, going on two months now.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 13:46.

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae..."
------------------------------------------------

27. Re: This blows Nov 8, 2003, 11:27 Nibs

Np Binabik

I think were hooped on this one.

Did you look at the Product # on your sound card ?
Also what motherboard you using ?

Im using a msi kt400 ultra with the 1.3 bios, there is a 1.4 out but there is nothing in the readme regarding any sound compatibility issues, just a cpu temperature fix.

26. Re: This blows Nov 8, 2003, 08:12 Binabik

Thank you Hungabo, for some reason my sound started working after doing that, and rebooting twice. (It didn't work after the first reboot...?) THANK YOU! I would have been totally lost without your help (even though it was just some basic tips, I'm a bit useless).

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 08:13.

25. Heh... Nov 8, 2003, 00:59 OneNightStand

Me almost swears that their drivers are named in such a way as to confuse & piss people off. Why just they can't name their drivers & updates in versions or dates instead of cryptic shit like EAX4_Drv0234803_P43.exe. Or even better still follow the unified driver system used by Nvidia or ATI....(yeah right)

And regarding the packages,the wiseguys at Creative just can't include a downloadable SurroundMixer when it is one of the must important utilities for a user. I had to pluck one off from my LAN where another user is using a Live! soundcard.

I don't trust their automatic updates ala MS Windows Update....i'd rather download things myself.

Their driver team must be a very relaxed bunch. Getting one driver update a year is very lucky. In fact one of the main reasons i updated to Win XP is because drivers for the Win9X family are no longer forthcoming.......

Creative are u listening? Stop acting like a bloated whale and get off your ass because no matter how great EAX is or how many features u pack into your hardware in the end it all boils down to the drivers!

On a positive note the problems i had with intermittent sound in H&D2 is gone.

24. Re: This blows Nov 8, 2003, 00:47 Gandhi

Yeah, I have heard some major horror stories from other users on just about every SB card that has been put out.

BUT, I have been lucky in that I have never experienced any problems with any of their cards.

You guys with the problems - have you updated to the latest BIOS version for your mobo? That could make the difference may be .... ?

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 00:48.

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

23. Re: This blows Nov 7, 2003, 22:49 Nibs

I used the original cd and when installing i chose the repair option, I believe the old drivers where written over the newer one.

Good luck getting it back.

When you've had enough grief, I suggest letting the tech support know of your problem. Also let them know that it's old school to have multiple fixs for a product. A full update in one install would be nice. For a minute there I thought i was downloading patchs on microsofts site

22. Re: This blows Nov 7, 2003, 22:27 Binabik

I just tried reinstalling the drivers from the CD, and I still don't have sound... ahh... hmm...

When I double click on the sound icon in the system tray I get the error: "Unable to change the sound device to your selected device".

Going to try uninstalling the sound card, then reinstalling.

No luck. I'm out of ideas...
This comment was edited on Nov 7, 22:36.

21. Re: This blows Nov 7, 2003, 22:22 Nibs

there is a number on the back of the card mine says sb0240

Its the card identification and also pertains to the manufactured date I believe. Then again I never looked to see if there was a revision number on the card.

I just reinstalled the original drivers from the install cd
and did all the other updates except the new driver and managed to get my sound back. So far there isn't any games Im playing that need this new driver So I will wait to see if they discover the problem. I sent a message to thier tech support via the E-mail service, Who knows If I'll get a reply

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 22:24.

20. Re: This blows Nov 7, 2003, 22:10 Binabik

Ehhh... where do I find that...
Tried system restore to yesterday (day after I reinstalled XP) and no luck

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 22:11.

19. Re: This blows Nov 7, 2003, 22:03 Nibs

what is the model # on your card ?

18. Re: This blows Nov 7, 2003, 22:00 Binabik

I have the same problem, no sound AT ALL after installing this "new driver". Shit.

17. Re: This blows Nov 7, 2003, 20:39 Nibs

Thks Kenn.

Thats the conclusion I decided on as well, If no one else is getting this glitch then I assume somewhere along the line my install went left instead of right.

16. Re: This blows Nov 7, 2003, 19:23  Kenn Hoekstra 

If you just re-installed XP a few days ago, try using the XPsystem restore utility to roll back your computer to that day XP was first installed. Then you can try to re-apply the EAX update.

I'm not sure if XP recognizes Audigy cards by default, but you may need to roll back and do a full DirectX and driver re-install.

15. No subject Nov 7, 2003, 19:06 tacomodo

if only Creative would stop using that fucking ugly flash-like UI crap that runs like laggy shit, I'd be more happy.
Also why the hell do they have like 39 different programs for configuring the card?
Oh and also, why the fuck would they change the windows tray volume thing with that crappyass flash shit??

Hmm... I'm not really dissatisfied with the card, just hellishly annoyed by the software design and stuff

14. Creative Nov 7, 2003, 19:05 Quaternion

In certain games, if I use EAX, I get extremely loud static coming out of my speakers at times. It's as if the wave amplitude is too much and the parts that are outside the limits cause mega distortion (Enough to blow a speaker too. I'm still pissed about that.). This seems to happen when certain effects play or many effects are playing at the same time, causing the volume to increase.

This has been happening to me for years with my SBLive! and I think it still does it with my Audigy 2. This was on win95, win2k and now win XP.

13. Re: This blows Nov 7, 2003, 18:17 Nibs

Kenn im running 9.0b

Whats strange is the creative diagnostic test sees the hardware and passes the test , yet in the dxdiag test it says there is no sound card installed.

I think I may have to do a format. I've tried a few fixs but still no go. I hope I can get this as I just did a reinstall of xp a few days ago.
I'll try and reinstall directx.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 18:18.

12. Re: It's funny Nov 7, 2003, 18:07 Muscular Beaver

never had problems with creative sound cards/drivers. and I owned all of them from the normal ISA soundblaster up to the audigy and never had big problems with any of them. I had serveral others too but I had problems with all of them. the only thing I can remember was the problems that the creative soundcards had with the crappy made VIA boards (133-266A). changed the board and all was fine.
what bothers me MUCH MUCH more is that game developers claim they support EAX 3 but you still hear the sounds through walls and floors of buildings as if there were no walls at all. EAX 3 is capable of very realistic sound simulation. thats the main reason why I dont have an audigy 2 yet because it would be a waste of money if not even EAX 3 games work fully yet.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

11. It's funny Nov 7, 2003, 17:51 Creston

Everyone always bitches about how bad Nvidia's and ATI's drivers are (which is true), but Creative is still sitting miles and miles higher than either of two when it comes to shitty drivers.

I'll never forget that it took them a year and a fucking half to finally release win2k drivers for the AWE64...

Creston

10. Re: This blows Nov 7, 2003, 17:34 Muscular Beaver

installed it for my audigy1 and everything is fine
I dont have the weird background noise on the right speaker in max payne2 cutscenes anymore aswell

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo