Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New BF1942 Desert Combat

As noted on the Desert Combat Website, their Downloads Page now offers new beta version 0.5 of the popular modern warfare modification for Battlefield 1942. There is a new client, a new dedicated Windows server, and a new dedicated Linux server of the mod, with the update adding some new weapons and vehicles, including Harrier jump jets. The 542 MB client file is mirrored on 3D Downloads, Boomtown (registration required), FilePlanet (registration required), Filerush, and Gamer's Hell.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Merciless Nov 7, 2003, 21:53 bigp3rm

WTF MAN! WHERE IS YOUR NEW VERSIOn?!

P.S. Hope things are goin well with the devorce and $hit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: DC's Infantry Combat Nov 7, 2003, 21:24 jienn

make a CD-image with CloneCD of your copy, then u can store it on HDD without having a CD in your drive when u wanna play.

25. Re: DC's Infantry Combat Nov 7, 2003, 21:18 DDI

Are any of the weapons guided? I just downloaded it and there's not much of a manual.

24. Re: DC's Infantry Combat Nov 7, 2003, 20:49 Ant

razor16: nocd cracks do affect BF1942 mods.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

23. Re: DC's Infantry Combat Nov 7, 2003, 20:06 Razor6

There are no cd patches that work fine. try gamecopyworld.com It's true, I bought the game and I don't want to leave the cd in the drive, that's just lame. The key has to get validated, so what's the point.

When I use nocd cracks I get "Data differs from server" errors, well I think that's what causes it.

22. Re: Guh Nov 7, 2003, 18:17 eunichron

Just installed and played some of .5. It's a bit better I think, it's getting there.

I think the CAR-15 is iffy.

I wish they'd get real middle easterners to do the Iraqi comm sounds, so they at least have a real accent. At any moment I was expecting to hear, "Allah akbar, dude!"

The new medic crashhawk is cool in the hands of a skilled pilot.

But I still wish they'd feature lock already and focus on polish.

21. No subject Nov 7, 2003, 16:53 RazorWynd

kabloie

the new 1.5 patch fixes the cd issues easy

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

http://www.firingsquad.com

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

20. Re: DC's Infantry Combat Nov 7, 2003, 16:11 Billy Bob

Kabloie,

There are no cd patches that work fine. try gamecopyworld.com It's true, I bought the game and I don't want to leave the cd in the drive, that's just lame. The key has to get validated, so what's the point.

Anyone had a chance to try the new Basrah Nights Map?

19. Re: DC & CS Infantry Combat Nov 7, 2003, 15:53 JAGUART

Yes, there is something to be said for an "Infantry Combat Only" game engine. Those type of game engines excel at squad level gameplay.

Public opinion version .12b Alpha

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

18. Re: DC's Infantry Combat Nov 7, 2003, 15:45 kabloie

If I want infantry combat, I just switch straight to CS and get my fix. Then back to DC for tank warfare. I just find CS to be much more compelling in the small arms area.

But that is what is great about DC, you can pick the kind of gameplay you like by the map. Me, give me Gazala or El Alamein anyday.

Luckily, CS doesn't require a CD so I can switch back and forth easily. This is the one thing I hate about BF. WHY DO I NEED THE CD IN THERE? What, so someone doesn't play single player for free? NOBODY is going to play single player BF you moneygrubbing corporate exec fucks! I don't appreciate my computer being converted into a playstation.

17. Re: DC's Infantry Combat Nov 7, 2003, 15:36 JAGUART

"I liked Lost Village.. except the chopper spamming part"

Get out that Stinger, and they go down easy, usually with 3+ guys aboard...I'm telling ya the handheld Stingers really balanced out the game. I was heading for a flag in a tank when an A-10 flew overhead and took a bite out of me. He came in for the "killing pass" and I hoped out, took aim and fired a Stinger into his snout. No more jet.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 15:46.

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

16. Re: DC's Infantry Combat Nov 7, 2003, 15:33 ExcessDan

i liked lost village.. except the chopper spamming part

Love Dan
"Will you be my valentine?"
-Dan

ExcessDan

15. i think balance is OK Nov 7, 2003, 15:22 MrShoop

They are still tuning it, so balance is not perfect (varies map to map). But i still think this is one of the all time best mods. To get in a multi tank shootout in Battle of 73 Easting map is insane. I also love the new Basra's edge, and Oil Fields map. Pacific maps are pretty weak. Anyway, great fun, go get it. adds even more value to BF1942 - the best buy since Half Life.

14. Re: DC's Infantry Combat Nov 7, 2003, 15:17 JAGUART

There are a few Infantry Combat maps like Lost Village and Basrah's Edge that make for very fun Infantry Combat. The DC Dev's recoginzed the fan's desire for small arms fighting and really tweaked it nicely. Lost Village is one of my favorite maps. The Coalition has three Blackhawk's and must assault an Opposition Village and hold it. The Opps have no vehicles whatsoever. Great Map.

13. Re: Guh Nov 7, 2003, 15:10 Hump

i remember when you could take the choppers down with a machinegun.. i dont think you can anymore

you can take them down with the heavy machine gun.....just not as easily anymore. before the .4 release I could down a Huey with half a clip from the HMG.

this current release is amazing. They always manage to outdo themselves everytime. yeah, the balance is still an issue but ya gotta remember this mod is primarily focused on vehicular combat and not troop oriented as the original BF42 is/was.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PAH!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

12. Re: Chopper Balance. Nov 7, 2003, 15:03 JAGUART

The choppers are FINE. I've never even flown one in combat, so I'm not some stick-jockey. You can take them down with a Stinger Missle very easily. There's nothing wrong with them and they don't "own" at all. They are quite well balanced compared to the rest of the arsenal. I used to think they did "own" until they gave infantry a Stinger missle as well as Anti-Tank capability. Maybe if you quit shooting Anti-tank RPG's at a helo you'd hit something.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 15:08.

11. Re: Guh Nov 7, 2003, 14:36 ExcessDan

i remember when you could take the choppers down with a machinegun.. i dont think you can anymore

choppers make this mod not fun for me

Love Dan
"Will you be my valentine?"
-Dan

ExcessDan

10. Choppaz Nov 7, 2003, 14:15 ssh

If they made the RPGs fly in a straighter line, and made the tail rotors extremely vulnerable to RPG rounds, it'd balance them almsot perfectly.

Pretty true to life when you look at Iraq at the moment too.

9. Re: Guh Nov 7, 2003, 14:04 Lancer

DC rocks! I have been a gamer since the Atari 2600 (how long ago was that?!?!?) and I have never been hooked on a game as much as I am DC! I've been playing it nightly for over a year now pushing aside great games as NOLF2, Halo, C&C Generals and a few others that I have purchased and never finished.

As far as balance goes, I agree the choppers are WAY too powerful and hard to destroy (they don't really have a good ground weapon to counter them) but it makes it all that much more fun when I regularly bring them down with my lowly tank, especially when they are fully loaded with enemy troops...

Lance

8. Re: Guh Nov 7, 2003, 13:25 The Mule

I just think they need to nerf the choppers some, they just own everything. Other than that I think its pretty good...  
MAIN PC (for Soupkin)
=======
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Barton 2800
1024 Meg Corsair XMS PC3200 CAS2(2x512 in Dual Channel)
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
Maxtor 40 Gig 7200 RPM ATA133
Maxtor 60 Gig 7200 RPM ATA133
350W Power Supply
Windows XP Home

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo