Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today's a day many of us have been anticipating for some time, as The Matrix Revolutions will be opening in U.S. theaters. I know that there are also those who are over this, and could care less, but that's okay, it keeps the agents from chasing you. In any event, this is likely to inspire comments on the forums here as folks like myself return from seeing the movie, but please, as always, keep spoiler-type comments camouflaged by a secret text tag.

Play Time: JPG 2 ASC.
Stories of the Day: Dad arrested over trick-or-treat rage. Thanks Icebird.
Baby monitor traps would-be robber.
For sale Pieces of the Concorde. Thanks Dave Claycomb.
Science!: Making Men Drool.
World's smallest motorcycle weighs 2.4 pounds.
Storm splits world's biggest iceberg.
Image of the Day: FoxTrot. Thanks t1ck.
Media of the Day: The Matrix Reheated. Thanks Ant. Spoiler alert (for Reloaded)
Follow-up: Drunken Sailor or Steve Kaye. Thanks Zathrus.
California voting machine called into question.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
88 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

28. Re: fucking ads Nov 5, 2003, 14:19 wasrad

"I don't have any ads from bluesnews ever, period."

Yeah, cuz bandwidth is free so there is no reason to support Blue at all.

Fuckass.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. pet peeve Nov 5, 2003, 13:43 tunis5000

COULDN'T CARE LESS!!!!  
-----------------------------------------------
I like pie.

26. No subject Nov 5, 2003, 13:30 Toronto Skunk

I waited to see Reloaded because the whole Clone Wars debacle really jaded me to any of the big movies, except LOTR.
But I am going to see Revolutions today
This is the start of the end of the "Serial" movies. LOTR and Matrix are serials to me since they are released so close together. When is the next time we can expect such lavish production in concurrently filmed movies? Once Return Of The King is finished, there are none. I don't know of any being planned. I could imagine Asimov's Foundation series being done that way, but who knows.

FYI, I heard that Asimov's Foundation series is named "Al Qaeda" in whatever langauage "Al Qaeda" (sp?) is (arabic, farsi?). Al Qaeda means "The Base" or "The Foundation" I think.

25. Re: FoxTrot Nov 5, 2003, 13:27 The Truth

I can see the lady's argument, but I have very little respect for overly-litigious people.

I have even less respect for someone who pointed out the potential hazards of the sale, and that it was most likly a fake, and then went on TO BID AND WIN herself. Thats just dumb.

------
I need a new tag line, this ones old.

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

24. Re: FoxTrot Nov 5, 2003, 13:12 Skah T

You don't have to close <P> tags, although current style says you should.

Yeah, I know. However, the way the text is arranged in the balloons leads me to believe that he meant to close the paragraph tag, rather than start a new one. He should have put the <P> at the start of panel 3 to assuage my own pickiness

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 13:24.

23. Re: FoxTrot Nov 5, 2003, 13:09 Skah T

Unfortunately the guy was selling counterfeit material and that is direct violation of eBay, disclaimer/ignorance or not. Legally, he is in the wrong.

True, but he did say that he didn't know the authenticity of the things. Does that mean if I sell my beanies (of which I have like 3 - all gifts) I have to go to an authenticator first? Seems rather silly to me. What happened to buyer beware?

Now if he knowingly sold fakes then I can see someone getting upset.

I can see the lady's argument, but I have very little respect for overly-litigious people.

22. Re: fucking ads Nov 5, 2003, 12:43 Santiago

Get the hosts file from adaware.com. Reroutes a lot of ad suppliers IP's to 127.0.0.1 (your computer). Poof, no more ads.

Then, get Mozilla. Poof, no more pop-ups. I don't have any ads from bluesnews ever, period.

-----------------------------------------------------
"Oh that's blue. He's an old navy vet that hangs around my store a lot. But don't worry about it, he's legit."

21. Re: Matrix Nov 5, 2003, 12:42 Big Dookie

Bah, reviewers don't know anything. Ebert rates movies without even really seeing them, so why should I trust him? I'll trust my gut instead of some pompous reviewer. I loved Reloaded, because I actually watched it a few times and absorbed everything in it (something I doubt most people bothered to do). I have a feeling Revolutions will be the same way. Most people will go in expecting the story to slap them in the face, but for the few people who understood all the subtleties of Reloaded, it will be a completely different movie.

20. fucking ads Nov 5, 2003, 12:15 Bloodwolf

Blue, I don't begrudge you using ads to float your costs, I know how much money it takes to keep a high bandwidth site up. What I am having a problem with is this late trend of extremely noisy pop-up and overlay ads. Come on.  
Lord BloodWolf

19. Re: Matrix Nov 5, 2003, 12:01 Santiago

I liked this one from the rottentomatoes link above:

"So disappointing they may as well have bussed in Ewoks to save Zion."

LOL. But I'm still gonna see it. So, I guess, in reality, the joke's on me

-----------------------------------------------------
"Oh that's blue. He's an old navy vet that hangs around my store a lot. But don't worry about it, he's legit."

18. Re: Matrix Nov 5, 2003, 11:55 FourPak

heh, I liked one reviewers summary after seeing it:
Please someone, get me the blue pill

17. Re: Matrix Nov 5, 2003, 11:25 amygdala

I'm sure I'm not alone in having diminished enthusiasm for the third movie. I loved the first movie, and made a point of seeing it opening night. I thought it was a glorious thing.

I saw the second movie, and was somewhat let down. My little brother wanted to see it, so I ended up seeing it twice. I thought that the effects were (mostly) great, the story was lacking. It hasn't aged well in my memory, either.

And now the third movie is out, and I'm hearing some negative buzz, and I'm not sure it's going to be worth the effort. Reading the reviews in Newsweek and the NYT it sounds like it's all flash and no substance.

It's somewhat depressing, really.

16. Revolutions Nov 5, 2003, 11:23 Two_Sheds

I'm going to see Revolutions tonight, 9:45. Ticket has been in my wallet since Saturday. I'm one of the few (it seems) who really liked Reloaded, and there's no way I could skip Revolutions.

15. Re: FoxTrot Nov 5, 2003, 11:20 Zathrus

Oops, isn't that supposed to be a </P> in the second panel?

You don't have to close <P> tags, although current style says you should. A lone <P> tag will create a new paragraph, and modern HTML parsers still have to follow this behavior -- which dates back the very beginning of HTML.

Also, I'm siding with the guy that sold the beanies

Caveat emptor and all that. Of course, the dude outright lied in his eBay listing, so odds are he's gonna be screwed in the end too.

Oh, and the link was sent to me by a coworker who's currently out due to surgery. I blame the narcotics for why he followed up on it at all.

14. Re: FoxTrot Nov 5, 2003, 11:07 bjbgraphics

Also, I'm siding with the guy that sold the beanies. He clearly stated that he didn't know or care about the authenticity of the animals. I agree with his statement "It is a stuffed animal, get over it!"

Too bad someone didn't agree.

Ha, good catch. It would be more standard coding if it was a </p> but it would work either way. With IE you don't need to close "p" tags. <shrugs>

Unfortunately the guy was selling counterfeit material and that is direct violation of eBay, disclaimer/ignorance or not. Legally, he is in the wrong.

Besides, from the linked article it appears it wasn't even a real story. He just posted all that "ex-wife" garbage to get attention.

I was suspicious from the start as this guy had 100% positive feedback, and over 500 positive feedbacks. Someone with that much eBay experience knows what sells, and how to sell it. I doubt he was as oblivious as he says.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/printedition/search/sfl-ralph02nov02,0,5896349.story

13. FoxTrot Nov 5, 2003, 10:57 Skah T

Also, I'm siding with the guy that sold the beanies. He clearly stated that he didn't know or care about the authenticity of the animals. I agree with his statement "It is a stuffed animal, get over it!"

Too bad someone didn't agree.

11. Re: Trick or treat dad Nov 5, 2003, 10:53 banddirector

It REALLY makes you wish that all potential parents had to pass a psych exam before they're allowed to breed ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

10. Re: Trick or treat dad Nov 5, 2003, 10:47 Sty

The father and son, who is believed to be about 5-years-old, left but returned a few minutes later.

I think it should read: The father, who is believed to be about 5-years-old, and son left but returned a few minutes later. Too many idiots like this rearing kids these days. Reminds me of that dumbass who killed his kid's coach. Pathetic.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

9. Matrix Nov 5, 2003, 10:41 Sugarman

Today is a great day, its my birthday and Revolutions comes out. I will be treating myself and my woman to the balcony seats tonight "you can drink and no one under 21 is allowed".

88 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo