Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NFS: Underground Demo

After a glitch derailed the first scheduled release, the Need for Speed: Underground Demo is now available. The demo of the street-racing installment in this high octane series is a 220 MB download, which has been mirrored on 3D Gamers, AusGamers, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games Online, FileFront, Filerush, GamePlex, Gamer's Hell, IGN, Loadedinc (registration required), NuclearDays (registration required), Pixelrage.ro, and Worthplaying.

View
91 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

71. So here Nov 4, 2003, 23:48 Tim1_2

<edit> I plead insanity on this double post.

-----------------------------------------
http://users.ign.com/collection/Cyberfury
Currently playing: Max Payne 2, NHL 2004, Counter-strike, Call of Duty
This comment was edited on Nov 4, 23:53.

Currently playing: DayZ
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

70. Re: ok. Nov 4, 2003, 23:07 Muscular Beaver

It has its good and bad sides.
halo runs a bit better with 52.16s but its still too slow

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

69. Re: ok. Nov 4, 2003, 22:29 pob

hm, 52.16 may have issues with morrowind and bf1942, as well as funny things happening in nview3 [i keep quitting games to find the start bar...in the middle of the screen], but the game does run very well with them + a gf4-4400.

68. Re: damn cheaters Nov 4, 2003, 21:40 4D-Boxing

I'm not surprised that people already started cheating.

I played HP2 online for less than a week just because it was hard to find a race without cheaters plus the fact that if you install the patch you won't have anybody to race against lol!

67. Re: damn cheaters Nov 4, 2003, 21:37 TimothyB

Motor City Online, which I think was a NFS game just renamed, had some pretty cool handling and physics (no expert though). Did anyone play that? Does it compare to this? I haven't played Unleashed a whole lot, but I did play MCO plenty, if it's similar to that, then cool. The demo of NFSHP2 sucked.

66. Re: damn cheaters Nov 4, 2003, 21:32 TimothyB

Where's the fun in cheating like that. Outrunning someone to the finish line before the other player gets halfway, to me, would be kind of pointless. Why would you want a live skilled player for a challenge and do something like that, it makes no sense, might as well play offline with bots with AI set to stupid.

65. damn cheaters Nov 4, 2003, 21:13 Hype_Man

yea well this game already has cheaters or hackers...whatever u wanna call em...

basically they rape u by going super fast and to the finish line b4 u even get halfway thru the track...and dont tell its nos cuz even with nos i couldnt catch up to them...this happened to three times by diff players already

64. ok. Nov 4, 2003, 20:53 Jigen

I'm using 45.23's because I've heard some bad things about the 52.16's, plus Morrowind and BF1942 incompats... So that might make a diff.

63. Re: Drag Times Nov 4, 2003, 20:38 Muscular Beaver

got a 25.78 with a not so good start because of keyboard controls. gonna uninstall it now... not the kind of game I like...

I like the idea of ps2 vs PC players playing the same game against each other tho. just read that feature.
oh and I love that song. anyone know how to extract it?

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 20:40.

- Mojo Jojo

62. Re: I don't get it Nov 4, 2003, 20:33 Muscular Beaver

Halo runs not very good on my PC on some levels. unplayable actually at 1280x1024. but this game is very fast all the time with all settings to maximum/nicest except motion blur. I dont have AA or AF enabled. 52.16 drivers.

- Mojo Jojo

61. I don't get it Nov 4, 2003, 20:23 Jigen

It runs pretty choppy for me... mabey I'm using a good nvidia driver and the rest of you are missing out on details that I'm seeing, or mabey the rest of you can't judge smoothness? Or mabey there's just some major incompatability with this game and my system... This game runs worse than Halo PC.

60. Re: IMO... Nov 4, 2003, 20:08 Nuhauser

This is a lot like Hot Pursuit 2, it may even be sillier. Interesting graphics, but godawful force feedback and physics straight out of "Herbie the Love Bug." Good for the Midnight Club II crowd, but who needs a wheel for it? Give you a joypad and your good to go.

59. Re: decent, but just another arcade Nov 4, 2003, 20:00 Chunk

Thanks for the review, beaver. You just saved me a download. Welp, back to Live for Speed! I'd rather have fake cars and realistic handling than real cars and fake handling. Especially if it's slanted towards the Japanese econoboxes. :/

58. Re: IMO... Nov 4, 2003, 19:57 Muscular Beaver

it only has a bumper cam... which is quite... tolerable

- Mojo Jojo

57. Re: Drag Times Nov 4, 2003, 19:51 pob

25.60, not that i have anyway to really prove it.

Would be interesting if the final game didn't save gfx preferences...and...Did anyone read the terms and conditions for online play? Could be interpreted many many ways. scary crap just to play a game online.....and it didn't work anyway.

56. Re: IMO... Nov 4, 2003, 19:39 TimothyB

I can't understand a racing game that doesn't have the drivers seat view. You don't get a sense your driving from a camera placed on the bumper, but at least the hood cams can make up for it some bit, if they do have that view

55. Re: IMO... Nov 4, 2003, 19:19 John

I have everything on maximum but motion blur disabled. at 1280x1024.

Same here except 1280x960 and it runs smooth for me. Although I've got a XP 1900+ and Ti4200.

This space is available for rent

54. Re: IMO... Nov 4, 2003, 19:10 Beamer

Most companies no longer have too much of an issue letting you damage their cars. Porsche Unlimited let you, Viper Racing let you. Car companies can be talked into it.

Most racers don't necessarily want much damage, just visual damage, anyway. Chaos.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

53. Re: IMO... Nov 4, 2003, 18:40 Muscular Beaver

I have everything on maximum but motion blur disabled. at 1280x1024.

- Mojo Jojo

52. IMO... Nov 4, 2003, 18:35 Jigen

it runs slow on my Ti4600 with P4-2ghz... you max the details? what res? I even turned off motion blur and light blur... the reflections slow it to heck.

91 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo