Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UT2003 Community Bonus Pack

A post to the Atari Forums announces that the UT2003 Community Bonus Pack (CBP2003) is now available, having received the stamp of approval from Epic Games (thanks Tiscali Games). Here's the deal on the 142 MB (Umod) or 130 MB (zipped) pack: "This compilation began as a small project. A few of the Unreal community's best level designers got together to release a small pack of their best work to the community. As the time went on, the project grew into something far more significant, with more and more of the best Unreal talent out there joining the team. The map count went from a small handful to a fully-fledged professional-level bonus pack. With all this pack now complete, the team has decided to work on a number of future projects together to produce high quality work that will get noticed throughout the design community."

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2003, 13:53 cia

this map pack kicks ass! i was skeptical when someone compared it to quake3 maps, which is an insult, but the old-school deathmatch feel is there from the quake days.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2003, 09:04 Zathrus

I'm 8. I'm probably among the slim number of people who bought Half-Life when it came out... and returned it (directly to Sierra).

The HL multiplayer code was utter crap when it came out, with bugs that had been fixed in Q2 6 months prior (HL graphics engine was Q1 based, but net code was Q2 based). And I hated the weapon switching.

I've played through some of the single player now (my wife has a copy of the game) and it's definitely fun... I had never played the SP game previously because it wasn't what I was looking for. Oh well.

29. No subject Oct 29, 2003, 08:55 NoGodForMe

I'm 7, the cheating is what made me not care to try it.

And I never bought UT2K3 because of 2 more weeks. But Daymn, those maps look awesome, so I'm looking forward to UT2K4, especially since it will give a feel for Tribes Vengeance (TV). All they gotta do now is add the jet pack in one of those mods, and they've got TV before it comes out next year.

28. Re: sweet Oct 29, 2003, 07:34 Von Helmet

Well, I don't know why they bothered making the UT classic mod - the entire point is they're TWO SEPARATE GAMES!

If you want to play UT play UT.
If you want to play UT2K3 then play UT2K3.

Sure, the updated graphics would be nice, but it will never be the same game, and if gameplay is all that counts, then why chase after the graphics too?

27. Re: sweet Oct 29, 2003, 05:59 L0cky

I can’t believe nobody’s made a UT classic mod for UT2003 yet

Except Epic who made UT Classic

26. Re: sweet Oct 29, 2003, 05:42 Hump

I can’t believe nobody’s made a UT classic mod for UT2003 yet

why bother?

*runs away*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PAH!

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

25. Re: sweet Oct 29, 2003, 04:57 Mr Gar

OK I take it back I’m going to reinstall, those maps look very well done. Betrayal, TechDream, Ougaldwin and Hathor have a lovely UT feel about them.

And RE No 5 “Too bad they didn't make the bonus pack for the original UT which is 10x more fun then the UT2K3 POS”

I can’t believe nobody’s made a UT classic mod for UT2003 yet:(

24. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2003, 00:42 Chance

I make 6. Well, that's probably everybody who hasn't played CS...

*edit* Had a chance to check out the map pack. Very nice. Now if only there were some servers using it...

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 02:23.

23. Re: Heh Oct 29, 2003, 00:04 Camaro76

Say what you will about gameplay, but I laugh at those that claim Halo's graphics are just as good as UT2003.

If Bungie and/or Gearbox were smart, they'd hire these guys. I like level designers that know more than just the Control-C / Control-V keyboard combo's.

---------------------------------------------
Supporter of the "a happy Blue is a Blue rolling around in a pile of cash" fanclub.

--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

22. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2003, 23:23 nin

I have never played Counter Strike.
That makes two of us, and probably only two of us.

I'll be 5. And I do feel like the odd man out, admitting it...

Supporter of the "A fredster By Any Other Name Is Still The Same" fan club.

http://www.mindphaser.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2003, 22:52 wasp

I really like UT2003. I play a game with the bots every day since it came out and i even renamed all the other maps to DM so i can play deathmatch on all of them. Downloading the level pack now cuz the screenshots look very sweet!

Cheers,
<wasp>

20. No subject Oct 28, 2003, 22:07 Shadrak

Four

19. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2003, 21:50 Pedle Zelnip

Count me in to make three.

PZ
Currently Reading: Janice Gross Stein's "Cult of Efficiency" -- Last Read: Neil Postman's "Technopoly

edit: signature fix
This comment was edited on Oct 28, 21:51.

PZ
------------

18. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2003, 21:48 L0cky

I've played it twice. Not my choice at a LAN party, just being fair

btw, the bonus pack is ten times better than the Epic or DE ones; these people actually know how to make maps, and remembered to add gameplay.

17. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2003, 21:17 WarPig

-----------------------------------------
~ WarPig ~

GO SEAHAWKS!

16. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2003, 20:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Counterstrike is still a cool game as long as you play on a server that has good admins. I'm lucky enough to get to play on one that is close enough to me that I have a decent ping. Basically crappy admins = bad gaming experience. If the admins keep everyone in line and are fair, then the game is really fun.

Supporter of the "a happy fredster is a wet fredster with jumper cables attached to his nads" fanclub.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

15. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2003, 19:50 The Truth

------
I need a new tag line, this ones old.

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

14. No subject Oct 28, 2003, 19:30 Nexus

CS feels like a whole load of crap anyway now.

13. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2003, 17:37 RegularX

UT2k3 maps are completely compatible with UT2k4, as are (theoretically) all the mods and mutators. So UT2k4 should have a decent body of work to draw from when it arrives.

I don't get some of the UT2k3 detractors. Wonder how many people will pan Half-Life 2 because it doesn't "feel" just like Counter-Strike.

12. Heh Oct 28, 2003, 17:30 Wazootyman

Say what you will about gameplay, but I laugh at those that claim Halo's graphics are just as good as UT2003.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo