Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Universal Combat Demo Update

Derek Smart of 3000AD sends word of new Universal Combat screenshots on the Official Website of the upcoming space sim formerly known as Battlecruiser Generations. He also sends along a status report on the game's planned demo: "Unfortunately due to time constraints and a looming Gold date, plans for the demo have been put on hold. Once the game goes Gold this Thanksgiving holidays, work will resume on the demo. Expect it around the end of November. Sorry for the delay but getting the game done and out is the top priority right now."

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

53. Re: Derek Smart Nov 10, 2003, 10:18 Pyro bob

Sorry Derek! I mean Wildcard. Oops, Hellbinder. I knew I'd get it right eventually.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: Derek Smart Oct 29, 2003, 18:44 Hellbinder

Let me get this straight #51...

Its ok for you little asses to post one assinine immature attack and insult after the next like a pack of wild dogs.. But if "Wildcard" makes a post in defense you classify it as having an "insulting tone" with "obtuse logic".

You and your little trollish friends need to get a grip and look in the mirror. If you people had not started posting immature, silly, insulting Rhetoric whoever "wildcard" is would not have needed to respond. What you bunch of blind Jackasses have is a case of extreme Cirular Logic.

If you can even call it logic...

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Oct 29, 18:46.

The Whales name is Bob.

51. Re: Derek Smart Oct 24, 2003, 17:23 Pyro bob

"Wildcard" *is* Derek. Look at the writing style. Then go to http://www.werewolves.org/~follies and read some of Dr. Derek's posts. Notice the way "Wildcard" STRESSES words the same way. The insulting tone, the obtuse logic. I've read too many of his posts on too many boards to not notice.

And it would really be in Dr. Derek's character to do it.

50. Re: Derek Smart Oct 20, 2003, 19:38 JediPunisher

Hey guys! If we keep this thread going, maybe Derek will show up with some insightful comments

49. Re: Derek Smart Oct 20, 2003, 14:55 nin

So your point is moot?

edit: Yep, it's moot.

edit again: BTW, ARE you Derek's mom? It's ok if you are, we'd still like you.
Supporter of the "A fredster By Any Other Name Is Still The Same" fan club.

http://www.laptopic.com

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 14:58.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

48. Re: Derek Smart Oct 20, 2003, 14:52 wildcard

Yes. Moot. You have not played his crap. You have not tried to get support from his group, only to be treated like shit. You have not been banned from his board, just for asking how to get the game up and running. You have not seen him crushed by a coke machine that kicked his ass. You have not seen his fake degree.

I rest my case.

Your groundless infantile post speaks for itself and is in exactly the same spirit of your other posts and that of your like minded friends. Thanks for proving my point for me.

Here ya go!

I was refering to the vitriol laden posts from the likes of you and your friends;not one from the fans of the games he develops. Now compare to the rest of the vitriol from those who have NOTHING to say about any of this but rather spend their time - like you - posting irrelevant nonsense which have NOTHING to do with GAMING.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 14:53.

47. Re: Derek Smart Oct 20, 2003, 13:56 nin

My point is moot? Did you see me say anything about THE GAME? Unlike you people, I've never owned nor played any of his games and so I don't profess whether its good or bad. My point (which I thought was clear to even an idiot) was about the blatant and unfounded attacks by you people who follow him around, hang on his every post in forums like this, about something you obviously know NOTHING about.

Yes. Moot. You have not played his crap. You have not tried to get support from his group, only to be treated like shit. You have not been banned from his board, just for asking how to get the game up and running. You have not seen him crushed by a coke machine that kicked his ass. You have not seen his fake degree.

So, show me ONE SINGLE objective post in this thread, which has ANYTHING to do with the games he develops

Here ya go!

Hellbinder:
I Bought BCM and it plays and runs just fine. The Graphics were clearly a little sub-par but what the game allows you to do is FAR beyond anyone elses game. It is seriously deserving of Respect as a pure open ended space Sim. This latest game looks even better with Naval combat an all kinds of cool stuff. Much better Graphics as well.

Have a nice day!

46. Re: Derek Smart Oct 20, 2003, 13:44 wildcard

My point is moot? Did you see me say anything about THE GAME? Unlike you people, I've never owned nor played any of his games and so I don't profess whether its good or bad. My point (which I thought was clear to even an idiot) was about the blatant and unfounded attacks by you people who follow him around, hang on his every post in forums like this, about something you obviously know NOTHING about.

And even the reviews of the games which are all over the net, don't even say one single iota of what it is you people are posting. But as they say, "birds of a feather".

So, show me ONE SINGLE objective post in this thread, which has ANYTHING to do with the games he develops. All I see are hateful attacks by a bunch of losers whose brainpower does not extend beyond harrassing and libeling others on the net.

45. Re: Derek Smart Oct 20, 2003, 13:00 nin

I've never owned a DS game.

Then your point is moot?

44. Re: Derek Smart Oct 20, 2003, 12:03 Baudkarma

Are you Derek himself, or just his Mom?

Yeah, I'm "all excited" too.

I'm sprawled across the davenport of despair.

It's the land of the brave, and the home of the free, where the less you know the better off you'll be.

43. Re: Derek Smart Oct 20, 2003, 10:22 wildcard

While u fuckers are busy slamming DS online and unfoundedly, he just keeps ploughing on with his games. Only a complete shithead won't know what that means and why things are the way they are. It is easy someone to go online and slam another behind the anonymity of the net. And yet these same fuckers wonder why he doesn't take shit from anyone; unlike the other devs who have to hide behind media mouthpieces.

Fact is there are a lot of people out there buying his games or they won't be developed let alone published. So far DS has never signed with an obscure publisher. Lets see Take Two (1996 BC3K), Interplay (1999 BC3K v2.0), EB Exclusive (2001 BCM), Dreamcatcher (2003 BCM Gold, UC). Why is that? Simple. The guy knows what he's doing, is obviously a very talented developer, producer, coder etc and the people he does business with obviously recognize his talent - especially in an industry where even big names are going out of business. Who GIVES A SHIT if he is egotistical, obnoxious and has no respect for online wankers?

Latest interview shows DS as being around for almost fifteen years. FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS. People, GET A FUCKING CLUE!! He isn't going ANYWHERE and NONE of this unfounded nonsense you people are posting is going to change ANYTHING.

Stupid fuckers

ps: I've never owned a DS game. They are not my type but this UC has me all excited and plan on picking it up.

42. Derek Smart Oct 20, 2003, 02:21 Cheese

Derek Smart DerekSmart DEREK SMART here we go agian with another saga. leave the brother alone at least he is not gonna break in to your house and rob you blind hes not one we have to worry about.

41. Why Oct 20, 2003, 02:13 Cheese

Awww sucks

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 02:22.

40. No subject Oct 20, 2003, 01:52 space captain

Id be really damn surprised if this game isnt as buggy as all his other crap - and it will be fun to watch the reviewers rip it to shreds

if it does succeed, it might be nice to build a snowman with satan

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

39. Re: No subject Oct 20, 2003, 01:22 Hellbinder

I really dont understand why some of you people have this RIDICULOUS Grudge about something that happened several YEARS ago. Its silly.

You also know the Truth and the reason Why Smart Freaked out the way he did. He Got screwed by Take Two and had to Fight an uphill battle for the next couple yrears to regain control of his own game. Did he Go overboard? sure.. Is he an egotistical ass on occasion? Sure.. But that has Zippo to do with what he is offering the game community today.

I Bought BCM and it plays and runs just fine. The Graphics were clearly a little sub-par but what the game allows you to do is FAR beyond anyone elses game. It is seriously deserving of Respect as a pure open ended space Sim. This latest game looks even better with Naval combat an all kinds of cool stuff. Much better Graphics as well.

Its Time for some of you childish idiots to get over the fact that the Guy is an Egotist and realize that even though the game is not perfect its the Only one of its kind.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 01:25.

The Whales name is Bob.

38. Re: Derek Smart Oct 19, 2003, 13:01 Rigs

Exactly.

I knew you were gonna say that...you're so predictable...

=-Rigs-=

'Is it the man come to take me away? Why do they follow me? Itís not the future that I can see, Itís just my fantasy.'

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

37. No subject Oct 19, 2003, 12:38 VultureMAN

to the Who is Derek Smart.

A troll who programs.

Someone who for days at time insulted people on usenet instead of working on his game.

Creator of a POS game and self styled galactic commander thereof it's fan base.

36. No subject Oct 19, 2003, 12:15 RazorWynd

Derek Smart is the reincarnation of jesus...

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

http://www.firingsquad.com

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

35. Re: Derek Smart Oct 19, 2003, 12:14 Bunko

Huh?
Exactly.

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

34. ....? Oct 19, 2003, 11:59 ethic

Who's Derek Smart, and why does everybody hate him?

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo