Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bard's Tale Revisited

This press release announces the formation of inXile entertainment, marking the return of Brian Fargo to gaming, as he plans to revive his classic Bard's Tale RPG franchise. There is a preview of the new project on GameSpy, and here's a bit from the press release:

Brian Fargo, considered one of the early architects of the multi-billion dollar interactive entertainment industry, has returned to the world of gaming with a new company dedicated to bringing quality video games to the market. inXile entertainment's first title is based on one of the most highly successful original computer role-playing games (RPG) and number one hit, The Bard's Tale. inXile will satisfy the original game's cult-like fans, who have generated a decade of frenzied rumors and web petitions, by creating a modern interpretation of the classic genre for next generation console gaming platforms and the PC. The name of the title will be The Bard's Tale worldwide (the final name is undetermined for the United States, pending trademark proceedings).

View
15. Just thought I'd stir things up a bit... Oct 1, 2003, 04:28 Keno the Rat

http://www.geocities.com/thebardstale/about.html

I actually played a Commodore 64 cartridge game that Cranford programmed. It was very much like Bards Tale (and predated it). I can't recall what the title was and I didn't own it...I had borrowed it from a friend. Anyway, the webpage just gives a little credit where credit is due.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 30, 17:38 Sweeet! MeatForce
  2. Sep 30, 17:52  Re: Sweeet! Tony!!!
  4. Sep 30, 18:29   Re: Sweeet! nin
  20. Oct 1, 11:11   Re: Sweeet! -=StackSmasher=-
  3. Sep 30, 18:28 Bard's Tale - the console action game? Mecandes
  5. Sep 30, 22:01 Awesome game TickleMyElmo
  6. Sep 30, 22:47  Re: Awesome game Raven
  7. Oct 1, 00:15   Re: Awesome game Mad Max RW
  8. Oct 1, 00:22    Re: Awesome game Squirmer
  9. Oct 1, 00:43     Re: Awesome game ARBOI